Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Hi Abz - cant believe your boiler isnt working! Its too cold for no hot water. Thomas sounds like a right sweetie - you have him well trained!
xx

Decided on feelgood food tonight. Mixture of onion, garlic, yellow pepper and mushroom cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil, tin of chopped tomatoes and some mixed herbs and black pepper - put in an oven dish and arrange Linda McCartney sausages on top and cook til sausages look done. Had it with mashed potato (mashed with a little philly extra light cheese) sprouts, carrots and cauli - yum. I feel stuffed now :) x

Decided on feelgood food tonight. Mixture of onion, garlic, yellow pepper and mushroom cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil, tin of chopped tomatoes and some mixed herbs and black pepper - put in an oven dish and arrange Linda McCartney sausages on top and cook til sausages look done. Had it with mashed potato (mashed with a little philly extra light cheese) sprouts, carrots and cauli - yum. I feel stuffed now :) x

That sounds gorgeous (minus the sprouts!)

Oh no, the sprouts were lovely. I have a stainless steel steamer (just one that goes on the hob). I put the taties in the bottom in water, the carrots in the steamer above and the sprouts and cauli in the one above that - so the veg is optimum taste and nutrition x

like sprouts but must be well done

I like them either soft cooked or crunchy but not soggy. They retain more vitamins when they're not over cooked :)

and keep the water you have cooked the veg in as stock for soup. (or just drink it, like they do in China!)
Its only this year I found out how sprouts grow when I saw them on their stalky thing in a shop. Had never thought about it before!
xx

Don't really get water from veggies as they are steamed and the spud water is a bit starchy but it's good to keep it if you boil the veg x

don't like sprouts but i must have one every year. it's a tradition :D and i must eat my christmas pud with a dessert spoon my grandma used to have. when she died i asked for them :) and i've kept up the tradition :) i thought it was a really odd request, but then my aunty asked for a butter knife. i still don't know why... i must ask one day. and thomas just brought me an options hot chocolate. he's a double sweetie now :D

abz xx

oh yes i am :D and don't i know it :D

am off to bed now guys. i'll catch you all tomorrow. i have no idea whether i'm going into work or not... it's been snowing fairly lightly but constantly for hours. if it keeps it up all night too we're going to have problems...

abz xx

well good morning campers. thomas has been sent home from work again. not great as he won't get paid. however it does mean that when i rang up for a boiler repair man, he can come this afternoon :D so hopefully when i come home after work tonight it will be to a toasty warm house and a hot bath :D :D hopefully...

and they aren't charging me at the moment because of the invoice that's already there but not sorted yet but at least we don't have to pay before the work is done :D

abz xx

Sounds like good news on the boiler front. Don't understand why Thomas won't get paid though; if he went in and was sent home then thats not his fault. I employ lots of people in my business and the way I saw it yesterday was that those who didn't make it to work won't get paid. Those that did but were sent home early because I shut the business will. It's not their fault I made the decision to close early, so they should be paid. Just how I feel about it.

Have a good day.

Love

i know barb. but thomas gets the usual four weeks holiday a year, and then out of it they take bank holidays and the time they are shut over christmas. so he really only gets just over two weeks... they suck. they are a reputable company but aren't so hot on the being nice to employees side of things... we're hoping but it's unlikely. more likely is they'll make them take holiday which means he'll be using unpaid leave on our honeymoon *sigh*

oh. i forgot. i weighed myself this morning and have mysteriously lost quite a few lbs overnight.. i weighed myself twice to be sure, and am pretty sure that totm, after causing me about a fortnight of hormonal angst, may actually be here, but still!! am sure it will be back to a couple of lbs up tomorrow, but at least it's going in the right general direction :) hopefully weigh in next monday won't be too painful!!

abz xx

Employers are no longer allowed to use all BH as part of annual leave. I think it is being phased in so maybe 4 can be this year and then in 2010 none. Something like that, well worth looking into.

Well done on the weight loss; just shows what those blloomin' hormones do to us!

Love

just hope it's still off tomorrow :) sometimes the scales get my hopes up for no reason, ha.

well, i just had a tuna sandwich for breakfast. OH used all the bread for his lunch, and then we had nothing for breakfast, so we just ate his lunch for breakfast so i could take my tablets... still, at least it's a bit later if i'm supposed to be working until 11pm tonight, which is the current situation. i may be going into work at 1pm and leaving earlier too. will just have to see how it goes.

that's really interesting about the bank holidays barb. thanks for that :D

abz xx

everyone send the boiler man lovely vibes so my boiler can be properly fixed!! he's in our house at the moment. apparently there is no manual way to light the boiler. it's fully automated. i'm sure somebody somewhere thought that was a brilliant idea at some point but sometimes you can't beat a finger on a clicky button... *sigh*
so here goes:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Yea - got it - vibes coming your way x

Back