Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

See what the power of positive thought and a boiler man can do x

well that was short lived. wake up this morning. boiler doesn't come on. i say 'leave it, don't touch it so that they can see what it's like when it doesn't work' as once it gets going and warms up, it continues to work like nothing was ever wrong.

thomas, in his infinate wisdom says 'oh, but i saw what he did', goes in the boiler, twiddles something and the boiler comes on. i am so mad. now i know that usually the boiler coming on would be a good thing. but if we have to go inside the boiler every time and f*ck about with it, then it's still broken. but now that it's started... and today he is off and would have been able to be in for the boiler man. tomorrow i am off but am supposed to be going bridesmaid dress shopping. saying i'm p*ssed off doesn't cover it. so i've made him turn the boiler off again and hopefully it will cool down enough that it won't light again. i know this sounds utterly ridiculous, but i want it fixed and working like it's supposed to. and if we could have rung them up the next morning and said 'it doesn't work now' then we wouldn't have had to pay. now we're just going to have to sit pretty and hope they won't keep charging us for sending out boiler men at random intervals. i'm so angry. words come out of my mouth for a reason. so why doesn't anybody ever listen to what i say!!

abz xx

Abz - you're a bit young to be invisible, that doesn't usually happen until you become a grumpy old woman like me. Men fiddle - don't ask me why - they just DO!!!!

well now he's had to turn the boiler off. and if it continues to work he's going to have to keep turning it off until it doesn't. so he's going to sit there freezing his little ass off all day anyway, which is the reason he f*cked about with it. i'm seething!! if we have to pay extra for another boiler man to come out i'm going to string him up!! and it may not be by the neck!!

I find it really weird that you call it a boiler! We call it a hot water system.

Abz congrats by the way whilst I've been absent with work you are past the half way mark!

Bren
X

Calm down Dear, it's only a boiler! Poor Abz, you sound super stressed. Still you must be burning a lot of calories trying to keep warm! See, every cloud has a silver lining.

I'm sorry, if you want to strangle me now I will understand!

Love

well i have calmed down a little bit. hopefully i'll be able to ring and get same day service if it doesn't work tomorrow morning. especially since they've been to fix it twice already...

failing that hopefully they'll come at the weekend. if not then it will be next week and if they try to charge me extra for it i'll strangle them!!

abz xx

wooooo. is it just me who was scared by above abz posts lol?! hey dudette, you sound a bit miffed there ;) Have you tried another boiler man? x

I don't blame you being mad - and why do men tinker with stuff.............I feel your pain! Hope it gets sorted soon! x

well this will be the third boiler man. they've both been perfectly nice. and i really do appreciate their attempts to fix it without replacing parts, as it saves us a lot of money if they don't have to. so they aren't trying to rip us off in any way. it would be much easier for them to sling in a part and charge us for it. but it's starting to wear thin... i hope thomas is nice a warm. and sweaty. and uncomfortable :p i don't really. but i hope he's at least tidied up the kitchen... this is his third enforced day off... fifth in a row. grrr.

abz xx

Hey hun.....

I can feel your anger and frustration hun..... Hope ya sooon get it sorted..... :)

Love Nas x

he's jubbly really. i think it's because he's so good most of the time it's all the more irritating when he faffs...

still, no doubt he'll have done something marvellous today because he thinks i'm mad, ha. i'm not that evil, honestly. i'm lovely really :D

abz xx

he's jubbly really. i think it's because he's so good most of the time it's all the more irritating when he faffs...

still, no doubt he'll have done something marvellous today because he thinks i'm mad, ha. i'm not that evil, honestly. i'm lovely really :D

abz xx

was that a smile ;) ;)

i'm always smiley shortly aftere i'm angry. i can't stay mad for long... and even when i'm mad i find it hard to maintain it, ha.

abz xx

Back