Abnormal bleeding (sorry tmi)

Well I am still bleeding on and off so might have to cancel my doc appointment again on saturday but i have had my hospital appointment sent through for a abdominal scan and internal check for the 19th of dec. Hopefully should get a clearer pic soon of whether it is nothing or something x

I hope everything will be ok hun, have you had a smear recently?x

Maybe they'll do a smear when you have you appt. That was the first thing they did when I had abnormal bleeding & my smear wasn't due for a long while. Try not to worry too much.

Went to my docs appointment even though i started bleeding again but as it was not period bleeding i thought it was worth going incase she might be able to do the swabs. When i got there she said i'm sorry they shouldnt have given you a saturday appointment because we cant send off samples on the weekend. I was so angry because the receptionists knew why i needed the appointment and they should have given me a weekday one so i said to her because i really didnt want to go back in that can i not take them into the hospital myself and she said yes. So after that was agreed on she opened her draw and there were no sample sticks or those bag things that you put them in, she spent a whole 10 mins hopping from room to room finding them! Well she did the swabs thankfully and said everything looked fine, just a few raised cells on my womb which is apparently normal. So feeling a little calm now and just waiting for my next appointment on the 19th. Will hopefully get my swab results by friday x

What a palava for you Safia - I hate how the receptionists are like the gestapo - you either cant get past em to see a doc or they mess up.

Hope all goes well

I think almost all of them are, the exception to this when i was living in bedford and the surgery was a small one and the receptionists were lovely as were the docs and nurses, who knows maybe they have changed too now x

We only have 2 gps who are never in and the rest are locums, so if we need a referral for anything like my 2 year olds eyes to be checked out a locum who spotted a tiny squint couldnt refer her to the hospital we had to wait over 2 weeks for the registered gp appointment. Plus the surgery is a walk in centre too so the appointments are split between registered and non registered people so it can be very frustrating at this time of the year trying to get a appointment x

OH MY GOD!!!! I'm pregnant! Yesterday i was feeling weird and today i felt even worse. I felt so nauseous and nearly fainted in Boots! So i thought i better get a pregnancy test to make sure and there it was positive. It was a faint line because i had had a lot of water so will test again tomorrow. My husband thought i had gone mad until he saw it himself. My son is only 10 months old and my daughters are 2 and 4 so i am panicking now a little and how we will cope but he's over the moon. Plus i didnt want to try for a baby until my bmi was down to atleast overweight because i had a bad time last time being consultant led instead of midwife. On top of that only last week i had swabs taken internally so would that have affected anything. Oh god i'm in a panic!

It really is, my husband doesnt understand why i'm upset but i'm dreading that visit to the midwife to be told sorry your bmi is high you will be consultant led and being told at the scan that something is wrong because of the swabs i have had! Plus only a couple of months ago one of my really nosey and rude aunties gave me a lecture on contraception!

Back