About to go into conso. Any advice really apprediated!

Nina41

I reached my true weight (not my desired one...) and haven't lost anything since 10/12. So I guess it's time to accept that I have to start conso.
I confess I am really scared and a bit lost, not sure if I understand what I am supposed to eat at conso. I have increased my exercise (from "nearly nothing" to "something" 3x a week.

As I said, any advice is appreciated. I am really lazy about reading the book again. Is there a "quick conso guideline" somewhere here?

Thank you all

I'd dig out that book if I were you! It's only a chapter but it's better to read it thoroughly and fully understand the concept.

I don't have time to type it up for you ;) but suffice to say that it is a CRUCIAL step which does require quite a bit of planning, organising, etc. so it's worth finding the time to prepare for it.

Good luck and well done on reaching your true weight :D

First of all - congratulations, both on your weight loss and your decision to move on.

As Jo says, re-read the book to understand how to to reintroduce food in small steps.

And remember - you don't have to do it all at once. You can start by just changing to 6pv/1pp, and when you feel comfortable introduce the one piece of fruit a day, and then the small slice of bread, then the cheese - as fast or as slow as you feel comfortable with.

This is the note I did to remind myself of what I could have:- your dates will obviously be different.

Notes on Conso -*

Cruise with extras

5 days for every 1lb lost = 140 days for 2 stone - or 20 weeks ie until 31 March 2012
Divided into 2 stages, each of around 70 days or 10 weeks

PV every day except one: unlimited non carb veg as before
One PP day a week*
2 tablespoons bran per day
At least 25 mins exercise every day

Stage 1 - until 21 Jan
40 g of hard cheese a day*
2 slices of wholemeal bread a day
1 starch meal per week
1 piece of fruit a day (apples, strawberries, blueberries but not bananas)
one gala meal a week

Stage 2 - 31 March 12
As above but 2 gala meals and 2 starch meals per week!

Maintainer and Atropos, thank you so much, I wouldn't have done without your help!

Supersonic, tha is really great!

I decided to go into conso because for the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to diet seriously like I have always done. I have been feeling very hungry and bored with the food. So I guess it is time to move on. I really really wish I will be able to get back on track.

Thank you all!

:mad:For the love of God! I weight 59.6 this morning... wtf is going on??????

I think you should put your TOTM on your signature as well as all women have a patch of retaining water each cycle and you'd be able to see when yours is. Don't panic. If you know that you've been doing everything properly then it wont remain at 59.6. Have you had much salt? Soy sauce?

Caledonia, I'm so tired of this up and down! Yesterday I nearly binged big time. I'm just soooo fed up! My weight today is the same as 3 months ago! Tomorrow is my 5th month anniversary. That means my average weight loss is less than a kilo a month...
My totm is due in a week btw.

I really feel for you, it's very demoralising and makes us want to binge which wont help! Maybe it will take a few weeks of Conso for your body to get the hang of not storing the extra carbs? Could you look up some of the old-timer's diaries from when they started Conso? The only other suggestion I have is to put up your menus again. Keep strong, you have done so well.

Thank you! I really appreciate your support!

hang on... bleary eyed blonde here at silly o'clock ;)

So you gained 700g this week, yes? You're at the end of a Conso week, weighing in after your Thursday PP? And you followed Conso to the letter all week? What was your gala meal and when did you have it? And your starch?

I'm just being curious here... mark it down and continue. Please don't start compensating, or cutting normal Conso extras out

I have never advised anyone to move onto Conso in the hope they might lose more - cos I never did - and 1lb in a week isn't unusual for normal people without diets to fluctuate up and down...

So don't worry... keep posting menus (this is important because, in Conso, you could be more tempted to just have a little of this or a taste of that, and posting menus will keep you vigilant.

Hang in there Nina... Conso is complicated... four months without carbs needs to be taken nice and slowly... and calmly...

Have a good weekend. Plan all your meals carefully if you feel at risk
x

5 months on the diet today. Haven't had the courage to have the gala or the starchy meal yet. I had 2pp days in a row(out of desperation) and have NEVER in my life exercised so much (1h -5 days a week). My lowest on this diet was 58.1 which felt amazing and I am today 59.6kg

So tell us what you're eating?

Ugh. What a stall. You've got phenomenal will, congrats on that! You'll figure it out, just keep trying different things if what you're currently doing isn't working. Would love to see what you're eating, an when. There's such great experience here, something to try will come up for sure.

What works for me is to shift something. Exercising-check. Quantity-? Or so, important for me, frequency? Every 3 hours eat something even if not hungry if normally don't. After a few days, hunger every 3 hours returns, so body as adapted. Same thing about breakfast. If I don't eat something as soon as I wake up, before coffee, my appetite is gone until late pm. Not good at all for loss.

I really need to take my own advice and get out of old diet mindset and eat more. More often too.

Hoping this week is your breakthrough one!

Thursday - very similar to yesterday but no muffins (I forgot the oat bran)

Yesterday
Bkf 2 eggs, smoked salmon, I small Greek yogurt and jelly
Lunch chicken breast soup
Snack dukan muffins
Dinner 2 thights and 2 drumsticks + mousse (yogurt/jelly)
Gym 20 min steps /30 weights
After the gym another drumstick and thigh (they were so small!) and some more yogurt (total yogurt for the day 450grs)

Today i had 1 1/2 eggs (Made an omelet with 3 eggs and shared with hubby). With about 30grs smoked salmon.
Lunch was a drumstick and thigh (very small) with some cherry tomatoes.
Snack dukan muffins + half a pear
Dinner 2 drumsticks and 2 thighs (ridiculously small) and cherry tomatoes again.

No exercise cause I spent the day out with the family but:

Monday 35 min treadmill (25 jogging + 10 walking) + 30 min weights
Tuesday 35 min treadmill (same as Monday)
Wed 45 min on the wii
Thu as above

Are you on conso or cruise? Because aside from the half a pear, I can't tell. My thought of the top, without much thought at all, is

you are not eating enough.

I'm sure others will chime in. I'm still new to this, especially conso!

I think I eat enough because I can't stand feeling hungry.
I'm on conso. I was having bread and cheese up to tuesday. I decided to do pp wednesday and Thursday because I couldn't stand seeing the numbers on the scales going up.
I haven't been doing conso completely. I alternate bread+20grs cheese one day, bread and fruit the other or 40grs of cheese. I havent had the starchy meal or the gala meal yet.

Thinking of giving up dairy for a week. What do u think?

I Think that could be a very good idea. Nina I am exactly like you and have been stagnating for ages, in fact, much longer than you. I have a real weakness for dairy and I now believe this is my problem.

I think I am addicted! I gave up dairy (and sf gum) for just two days last week and lost over two pounds! That is something for me. However, I seem to be up again and I can't seem to make it through the day without it. :(

I am so strict with the diet and never have tolerated items but have a hard time not having between 200 to 400 grams of highly sweetened dairy along with my beloved Trident strawberry/lime sf gum. :rolleyes:

I made it through the day and this evening I made the muffins that have dairy and then I couldn't resist having some sweetened as an icing. I am so weak when it comes to this it is ridiculous!

But I do think now I know if I could just give up all dairy and sweeteners including sf gum, I would lose. So it definitely may be worth a try for you. Try it for a few days to see if it makes a difference if you can.

Back