About to go into conso. Any advice really apprediated!

Slim dreamer, I am so happy to find someone on the same boat! I just don't understand how I can give up carbs and still carry extra weight.

I also love my yogurt. I have it either mixed with jelly or frozen. It is going to be super hard to give it up cause it is the only sweet thing I have and I have an enormous sweet tooth but I'll give it a try.

I don't think it is a weakness as you said. If we could eat anything else sweet we would, right?

I am asking myself how to have the oat bran without dairy as all the recipes I know (galette, muffins) all have dairy in them.

Shall we give it a go together and see what happens?

I've already messed up, I had some sweetened quark this morning!:eek::(

The two days last week without dairy was very hard for me but I did hit my very lowest of 130. I have been stuck at 132 133 lbs for ages. So I'm sure it's not a coincidence. However, it did jump right back up when I started having it again and I am now at 132 lbs. :confused:

I do fee weak because I'm a real stickler with the diet and never have a lapse or a tolerated item, it's like sweetened dairy is my drug.:rolleyes:

Nina, when I did without, I had the oat bran as porridge cooked in the microwave with water a few times and then let it swell. I used cinnamon to add a little flavour. Not wonderful but it was OK.

I am travelling to France on Monday and Tuesday and I will try my best to not use any dairy in the week along with you. Are you going to try to go without today?

Yes, havent had any today. I know it is going to be extremely hard without it but I have to try. I already made jelly to try to substitute the sugary taste.
Try it together with me and let's write down our food diaries. Maybe we are lactose intolerant.

Do you see why I am soooo frightened of my holidays? It's not as if I would lose easily afterwards! I can see myself putting on 10 pounds in 5 days and then suffering 5 months to lose it.

Nina, I wouldn't worry too much about your holiday. I have been on the diet since last April and have stuck to it completely very strictly but in September I took about 10 days off. I wasn't too mad but I did have things like pizza and deserts!

I didn't weigh and I did a few PP's in a row and when I did weigh after less than a week, I was what I was before.

However, over Christmas I did go mad.:eek: I took two weeks off and I mean OFF. I put on well over seven pounds, again not sure because I was frightened to weigh myself but after two weeks it was all off! And here I stay at my stuck weight at around the 133 lb mark.

I think if you relax for your holiday and just get right back on you will lose any weight you gain quite easily. I am the slowest loser stuck in stagnation for many many months so if I can you can!

By the way, when I dropped the two pounds last week I gave up all sweeteners as well as dairy so will be interested to see if just dropping the dairy will work for you. Regardless if just dropping the dairy or having to drop dairy and all sweeteners you will know what you will need to do once you return from your holiday. So if I were you I would relax and enjoy that fabulous holiday.:)

The only suggestion I have from reading your recent menus is to change your veg - tomatoes are much higher carb than leafy greens/beansprouts/spinach/rhubarb so you could have loads and they are all good at helping reduce water retention. What about Dr. Dukan's "Magic soup"? Varied veg will make sure you are as healthy as can be too! Could you have make rhubarb crumble with your oatbran?

Caledonia, I thought about rhubarb crumble! How do you make it?

I eat tomatoes cause they are easy but I will think about what you said.
I haven't made soup in ages (apart from chicken), I think I am traumatised from ww days when the points weren't enough and I had a LOT of soup to compensate!!!

I haven't made crumble but off the top of my head I would say:
Get a ramekin, fill with rhubarb, a tablespoon of water, orange zest/ginger if liked.
In a bowl mix oatbran with 1tsp of sweetener then put this mixture at top of ramekin and press down. Bake at 180 degrees till golden on top. There might be a recipe on the recipe thread.

Second day without dairy today. Difficult but doable!

I don't eat much dairy, but I'm encouraged to eat more for the calcium etc etc.

I don't see your menus as being Conso at all Nina, so I worry that you're "dieting in Conso". As Joy said, you're really not eating enough.

Anyway, it's up to you!

I am Jo, honestly!

I am trying to post my menus everyday, sometimes I forget. Will try harder. But I do eat till I'm full, I hate feeling hungry.

Nina you need to decide:

are you in Conso - then stop trying to lose more, DO NOT CUT OUT ALL DAIRY. Watch you yoghurt intake if you feel you have to, but you need the calcium. When you start on conso your weigth may well go up a little - for a few weeks, and then settle down.

Or are you in Cruise and trying to lose? Then stop the bread and cheese...

If you start Conso slowly that's fine but do not expect more losses, even with extra exercise.

In any case, it's been said before, you are not eating enough. There is no need to qualify eating extra chicken legs after exercise because 'they were so small', the more protein you eat, the better you lose, you body stops thinking 'starvation mode' and actually lets go of surplus fat. Do not count the calories, they may well exceed 1600 per day and you should still be losing in Cruise.
You say you are not hungry - and that's fine - but in this diet you will not feel hunger because your body has 'switched it off' until you start eating carbs again. At the beginning some people find they have to make themselves eat.

In any case, eat more protein. As an overall guide I think you should aim to eat at least 2gr pure protein is per kilo of body weight (different foods have different amounts of protein, for example an average raw boneless skinless chicken breast is about 24gr protein whereas 100g serving of Total 0% yoghurt has only 9g). Now don't go off starting to calculate every morsel, that's not the point of this diet at all, I just wante to point out again that you need to make sure you get enough protein, there is no such thing as 'too much'.

My 2p - I'll shut up now.

Anja, what you said made a lot of sense. I started conso with the best intentions of doing it as right as possible but totally freaked out by the weight gain and it does seem like I'm not doing either.
The reason why I try to cut the dairy is because I have an extremelly sweet tooth. I was eating more and more yogurt and not enough protein. If I was hungry and had the option between chicken and yogurt, I would eat the yogurt. I have a horrible all or nothing personality so I cut that for the last 2 days to see if it would make any difference.

I am eating enough, I really am but I am also very confused. When I think I ate too much I start thinking something is wrong. I have a hard time distinguishing hunger/boredom/feeling full/cravings. Sometimes I think I am really full and 5 min later I am in the kitchen.

I am sorry to be such a pain. I know I have a huge problem with food and I have been trying to find the cure.

Thanks for the help!

Back