Absolutely confused, and in need of some advice.

Aahhhaa, I am sorry you had to re-type your entire post, it wasn't wasted however I took in every last bit of information. ;)

Everyone I have a question that I need answering. Because of times and schedules of people in my house I find myself cooking dinner every night. Now here's my problem. We are quite a fussy bunch, being Italian seasoning is an absolute must and I cannot get away with simply boiling plain pasta for example. So what I have begun doing is dipping the very end of my finger into the sauce/food to check for seasoning and also to check if the pasta is al dente. Once it is in my mouth I immediately walk over to the tap spit out the 'food' and swiftly rince my mouth out with water and spit out again (sorry I know this is a little horrible). I really do wash my mouth out thoroughly however I am really concerned that some of it may be absorbed in my mouth (in the milliseconds it is in there). I do not do this every time I cook, possibly around 3 times a week. Plus I NEVER swallow the food. I have also only been doing this for the past week. I know this sounds absolutely absurd, is there anything any of you can suggest to overcome this problem?

Mally, unless you're shovelling spoonfuls in I don't think it's a problem Hun x

If you ate a spoonful of pasta three times a week I doubt you would gain anything!
Pleeeeeease don't become too strict with yourself! I sound like my mum, but at some point you will be adding food again and the last thing you want is to develop a fear of eating it. Testing pasta will not alter your weight. Many people here cook for partners and children, testing food every day, so don't worry!

You have all made me feel HEAPS better. However I am still going to try and not put anything other than Exante shakes into my mouth (for the time being anyway). I am just going to have to wing it. ;) Haha

Just thought I would let everyone know after last weeks no loss, I have lost just over 6 pounds this week which I am absolutely over the moon about. There really is a balance, so this has taught me an invaluable lesson. I really am chuffed and I can feel today is going to be a good day. ;)

How much have you lost altogether now Mally?

Congratulations and well done on your whoosh! X

How much have I lost?... (I actually had to tally up for a few minutes aha). I have lost around 14 Kilo/30 pounds/2.2 stone. WOW, that is the first time I have really acknowledged it and I have not done too badly at all. :) x

And thank you Saddlebag, you did say I would experience a whoosh of weight loss and you could not have been more correct. Still awaiting the huge difference on my body thought. :) xx

Mally look at some pictures before. When I lost alot of weight I didn't see much difference but on photos I could really tell. Your clothes must be lose at least?

Thank you all, I am rather impressed myself, haha. Err, I would look at photo's of myself however I have never taken a photo of myself since the age of nine, and have refused to join in on any photo's (I seriously literally do not have a single photo of myself beyond the age of around 10). I absolutely DESPISE having my photo taken. That must be a brilliant incentive for others however, I bet you could really see a difference, you must have felt SO proud when you looked back. :')
Yes I suppose my clothes are loser, but I think I will just have to play a waiting game to see a BIG difference. Thanks again. x

Mally that's really sad, for your parents and yourself :( I hope that's about to change x

Mally

If you haven't done so, get a tape measure and measure yourself - chest (Bra measuremets - round chest and round breasts, waist and hips. Also I recommend measuring upper arms, calves, kneck - you'll be astonished how the inches change when maye the scales haven't.

Your weight loss is fantastic. Will you now add your start weight and current weight to your profile?

Have a great Sunday,

Ali

Sammysmiles, I have become SO used to it, it truly has become second nature to me. I have no idea whether or not it will change, I doubt I will ever be a person who likes having their photograph taken, however I may stop LOATHING them (potentially, ahha). But I do suppose it is rather sad.

Thank you mizzy miss, I really appreciate your support. I really do read and ponder over each and every comment. :)

AliGal I might just do that. I suppose that is an even more accurate representation of weight loss, even more so than a scale. I do kind of want to add my start and current weight but I feel a little uncomfortable doing so. I will get back to you in a week or so about it, ahha. :D

By the way, do any of you know how to get some colour back into the skin? Since being on Exante TS I have literally turned a deathly pale. It actually does not bother me (appearance wise) but I am now getting family commenting on how ill I look, even though I feel exceptionally energetic. :S

Last edited:
I use a fabulous product by Benefit called Benetint ;-)

It's a lip and cheek stain, a little goes a long way x

Back