Addicted to SWEETIES!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Bonstar, 30 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Bonstar

Bonstar Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.28%)
    My major downfall, I think, is sweets. I am addicted to fruity/chewy sweets like Haribo and Fruit Pastilles.

It's ALWAYS been a problem with me, and it's basically just pure sugar with very little in it to benefit me. I realised about a year ago that my addiction to these sweets is probably actually an addiction, similar to cigarettes/alcohol, etc. When researching it online it turned out that sugar addiction was harder to kick than cocaine addiction. :(

I used to be able to work my way through a huge share bag of Skittles, Fruit Pastilles or Haribos in an evening with no problem at all.

Now I'm finding that about 5 little Haribo sweets is 2.5 Syns and it's a big adjustment to make. :( I had 4 funsize bags yesterday for 10 Syns and then I can't have much else, Syn-wise! And I got next to nothing out of it as there were so few sweets, and I'm used to being a greedy pig and eating a huge bag of them. So I barely noticed them.

I'm finding that fruit doesn't satisfy my "sweets" craving - though grapes are okay. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative sweets? It's mainly the texture (chewy) and flavour (fruity) that I crave. Gum doesn't do anything for me, unfortunately. :(

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Esme

Esme Gin and tonic please!

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm also a sugar fiend (and cheese, and alcohol, and.. :grumble:), I love Jelly Tots, 3 syns for a 19g bag and super sweet.

On a similar note, Hartley's no added sugar jelly pots are only half a syn each and might help out, and you can pop them in the freezer to make them all chewy and delish.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.