1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Addicted to SWEETIES!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Bonstar, 30 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Bonstar

Bonstar Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My major downfall, I think, is sweets. I am addicted to fruity/chewy sweets like Haribo and Fruit Pastilles.

It's ALWAYS been a problem with me, and it's basically just pure sugar with very little in it to benefit me. I realised about a year ago that my addiction to these sweets is probably actually an addiction, similar to cigarettes/alcohol, etc. When researching it online it turned out that sugar addiction was harder to kick than cocaine addiction. :(

I used to be able to work my way through a huge share bag of Skittles, Fruit Pastilles or Haribos in an evening with no problem at all.

Now I'm finding that about 5 little Haribo sweets is 2.5 Syns and it's a big adjustment to make. :( I had 4 funsize bags yesterday for 10 Syns and then I can't have much else, Syn-wise! And I got next to nothing out of it as there were so few sweets, and I'm used to being a greedy pig and eating a huge bag of them. So I barely noticed them.

I'm finding that fruit doesn't satisfy my "sweets" craving - though grapes are okay. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative sweets? It's mainly the texture (chewy) and flavour (fruity) that I crave. Gum doesn't do anything for me, unfortunately. :(

Any ideas?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Esme

Esme Gin and tonic please!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I'm also a sugar fiend (and cheese, and alcohol, and.. :grumble:), I love Jelly Tots, 3 syns for a 19g bag and super sweet.

On a similar note, Hartley's no added sugar jelly pots are only half a syn each and might help out, and you can pop them in the freezer to make them all chewy and delish.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.