Addictive Personality

slim41

I know I have an addictive personality. I used to have a problem with alcohol - 2 bottles of wine every night (more at weekends). I stopped drinking 2 years ago (2nd anniversary yesterday) and only now feel ready to tackle my weight, which has been an issue for years. I joined Slimming World last week. Lost 3.5 lbs this week - quite pleased. I also smoke (I know - bad for me!).

I just hope that having quit the booze that I am able to stick to the eating plan - I know I have the strength to do it -I just need to be strong for this - the next hurdle. I will be 48 on Saturday and would like to be slim(slimmer) before I turn 50.

Well done for beating a demon and for your weight loss so far. Please be aware though that weight loss can be addicitive too. If you start to feel things getting out of control, please talk to someone. I dont mean to lecture, we just want people to be healthy. Take care. X

Many thanks for your comments. I am aiming to lose weight slowly and steadily (my best friend is doing it too, so I have company).

Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey too.

Back