Advice & a cuddle pls?

This is my 3rd week of lipotrim. My first week I was so pleased with the weigh in having lost 10lbs. Having stuck to this religiously and not cheating once I carried on into the second week feeling very positive. On my 2nd weigh in my pharmacist just said "hhhmmm, thats strange" I had only lost 1lb!!

He checked my ketones and he said he had never had anyone reach 4++++, so he really couldn't understand why I had such a little loss.

I am feeling really down about it, but would like to know if this is something that has happened to anyone else or could it have something to do with my medical condition (I have PCOS) I could do with a pick me up and appreciate all of your thoughts. Having looked at everyone elses losses, it seems like you have all lost more in your second week.

Im not sure what pcos is but have you explained your condition to your pharmacist? and is it safe to do lt?

1lb loss is great - thats 11lbs in 2 weeks you have lost!!! nothing to turn your nose up to is it :)

I lost a big one in my first week and from then on my weigh losses have been consistent - everybodys body is different.

Do you have a totm due? this could be a reason why you lost 1lb and not more as i know it affects some and for others it doesnt.

oh, p.s :hug99: heres a hug!

Totm? Does that mean your monthly?? No I am mid cycle.

Apparently its completely safe to do this with my condition as it actually helps it. I do actually have quite a lot to lose which is why I thought the 2nd weigh in would still be quite big. I just feel that I could have lost more if I had been eating healthily. I am going to stick with it though and I know everyone is different. Don't know how many weeks I could go through if I only lose 1lb at a time though.

Feeling very sorry for myself. ha.

Thanks for your advice:)

He checked my ketones and he said he had never had anyone reach 4++++, so he really couldn't understand why I had such a little loss.

Are you drinking enough water? Your ketones could be high because you are dehydrated. Aparently not drinking enough can slow down your weight loss. I think most people on here aim for between 3 and 4 litres spread evenly throughout the day.

Stick with it, you'll probably have a huge loss next weigh in :D

Hi Ive lost 10lbs in two weeks so you are still ahead of me. The PCOS may have an affect however it will even out. Some have had two low weeks and then a massive one the follwing one. Dont give in so early as you will miss out on your huge loss! Even if you were eating healthily you would not loose so much in 2 weeks. Try to focus on the total and hang on in there.

I am on about 3 litres a day. Drinking it hot most of the time because I am freezing. I also allow myself 2 peppermint teas a day too.

HI Anna banana, I lost huge the first time I did LT last year, then some weeks 3 or 4lb, but always at my totm I stayed the same, you have still lost, it is good. If you are midcycle and are ovulating this can effect some ladies to retain, damn hormones, at least you know you are sticking to 100%, and now you need to keep your eye on nxt wk's WI, also are you excerising as sometimes fat turning to muscle can also have an effecct on your WI ((((hugs))))

Thanks!... Thats what I needed to hear! :copon:

And well done on your weight loss. This place has given me a bit of umpf!

Hi Ive lost 10lbs in two weeks so you are still ahead of me. The PCOS may have an affect however it will even out. Some have had two low weeks and then a massive one the follwing one. Dont give in so early as you will miss out on your huge loss! Even if you were eating healthily you would not loose so much in 2 weeks. Try to focus on the total and hang on in there.

Try not to look at it week by week look at the bigger picture - what other diet could you do that you would lose 11lbs in two weeks????

Next week you are probably on for a big loss and i dont think somehow you are going to go through this diet losing 1lbs a week - infact i dont think i have seen anyone on here yet that has!

It really does help to know others understand. I told my pharmacist about it today and asked her to pass on the details to all her other peeps especially those who might be struggling.

I haven't really had the energy to go to the gym up until now. I plan on starting back tomorrow... slowly I might add. Don't want to over do it. ;)

Thanks for the hugs everyone!

HI Anna banana, I lost huge the first time I did LT last year, then some weeks 3 or 4lb, but always at my totm I stayed the same, you have still lost, it is good. If you are midcycle and are ovulating this can effect some ladies to retain, damn hormones, at least you know you are sticking to 100%, and now you need to keep your eye on nxt wk's WI, also are you excerising as sometimes fat turning to muscle can also have an effecct on your WI ((((hugs))))

:grouphugg: A big one for you, please dont let yourself get down, hunny. My friend (who started the ball rolling with Lipotrim), also has PCOS and has lost 39 lbs in 10 weeks. So congratulate yourself. My other friend lost 7 lbs in her 3rd week, I lost 2.5 lbs this week, so we are all different. The thing is, we are all re-educating our relationship with food as well as losing the weight. Positivity is the key to success. :soapbox: I'll get off the soapbox now!

Thank you! I will let you know how I get on on Saturday... yikes.

Lou beat me to it regarding your ketostix results- they really indicate that you're dehydrated. If you're not drinking enough then your body will hold onto water as it thinks theres a drought on so is storing it for when it needs it. You need to drink plenty & regularly to 'reassure' your body that there isn't a drought- and it can let go of the excess water!
Failing that, I can only echo what the others have said about one weeks poor loss usually being followed by a bigger one! I've lost 2lbs weekly for a few weeks now, but I have an underactive thyroid & wasn't losing anything- no matter what I tried, so I'm still thrilled with any loss!

did u take ur measurements before starting lipotrim?

every time you feel u are not acheiving as well as you would like on the scales - measure urself...you will be amazed at the difference.

u need to watch for a pattern to stop you feeling down, maybe your body is thinking 'feck whats happening!!' cos you lost so much in your first week that it is trying to hold on to as much as possible in case of a 'famine' in the calorie dept...it will have to give up soon enough, you will probably have a great weight loss on your next WI so dont worry about it.

btw...just for info, the last time i was on lipo i had one week i didnt lose anything [didnt gain either] the chemist put it down to anti-biotics, so anyone needing to go on anti-biotics for a week or so make sure ur not disheartened if u stay the same of only lose a little.

I have to second and third the suggestion that you may not be drinking enough water. I've heard it said that ketosis is ketosis - the levels shown on the sticks used to measure them show how concentrated they are but it's only the water which dilutes them - therefore 'trace' and 'small' amounts are what we want to see as that proves we're in ketosis but drinking enough as well.

Best of luck! x

Hi Anna, I had a 1lbs loss and it REALLY upset me, I was so down in the dumps, but I stuck with it, and then the week after I got another massive 10lbs loss :)

Chances are next week it will balance out for you :)

Cuddles are my speciality and I'm sending a big one your way!

Don't be disheartened, we all have low loss weeks. On my first one my chemist suggested I had cheated, which I hadn't!!!!! In all diets we hit a plateau where the body puts up a bit of a fight to hang onto it's fat reserves, in the past this was when I'd give them up!!!!! Hang in there and you will be rewarded with a better loss next time.

Although it is true your ketostix should only show a trace - mine rarely showed anything darker even first thing in the morning - I do remember someone posting on here that she had been told that different people showed different results and hers were always quite dark even though she drank plenty and that was fine. I can picture her in my mind but I can't remember her user name at the mo!

LT say you will lose on average a stone a month and usually more in your first month. How many other diets would give you the same results? Keep on sipping and stick with it and you'll be celebrating very soon!

Good luck and here's another big hug coming your way.

x

Back