Step 1 Sole Source Advice: do i have 3rd shake just because i should??

vjs167

Hi everyone!
After a bit of advice! I've had 2 shakes today! 10.30am & 4pm! I'm now really not feeling the 3rd shake and know it won't be log until I go to bed, so don't think I'm going to want it tonight!

Do I have the shake just because you should have 3 a day and it is only 400 cala so would be silly to miss one??

Interested to hear people's opinions on this please x

Yes, you should have it (though I realise you've probably gone to bed without it now anyway. :))

Because it's not about the calories, it's about what's in that shake/soup/bar/porridge. It represents a third of the minimum nutrition your body needs for the day - a third of the vitamins and minerals, protein, carb, fat, fibre etc. It's counterproductive to skip them, because some of those nutrients help your body to break down fat stores.

On a one off basis, it won't hurt you too much, but don't make a habit of it. It won't make you lose weight more quickly - in fact, it's possible that skipping shakes will slow weight loss down instead.

I'm jealous that you've had a day when you weren't hungry though - I could've eaten a scabby horse today! I find weekends really tough! :eek:

Lily said:
Yes, you should have it (though I realise you've probably gone to bed without it now anyway. :))

Because it's not about the calories, it's about what's in that shake/soup/bar/porridge. It represents a third of the minimum nutrition your body needs for the day - a third of the vitamins and minerals, protein, carb, fat, fibre etc. It's counterproductive to skip them, because some of those nutrients help your body to break down fat stores.

On a one off basis, it won't hurt you too much, but don't make a habit of it. It won't make you lose weight more quickly - in fact, it's possible that skipping shakes will slow weight loss down instead.

I'm jealous that you've had a day when you weren't hungry though - I could've eaten a scabby horse today! I find weekends really tough! :eek:

I thought that would of been the case! However I was tucked up in bed by the time your reply came! I would never miss one on purpose but I just felt full! Not sure what happened yesterday!! Bet ill be starving today now!! I normally struggle more at weekends too I'd saved a bar for watching X factor I just really didn't want it! X

I'm the same, I've seen myself drag my butt out of bed to go get third pack! I either forget or just don't feel hungry - but its definitely important to do all three as your body needs all the good stuff to burn the fat :)

Back