Advice Needed!

Wow Sukie Sue where abouts do you live? I lived on Wellington Row beside St James, Junior School although my family have now moved to Workington. I've met a lot of people here who have visited Whitehaven!

I really do hope I feel the way you do now and get through these events! Im sure I will, Im just a born worrier!

Even though Im only on day 9, I don't think I would have survived without this forum, everyone are so inspirational, its amazing so thanks everyone! :D

hia lana,
i live on foxhouses road now , although the first house we bought here was on bransty, my daugher will start st james pre school in september. it really is a small world isnt it:D
im sure you can imagine how pleased i was when we got a ll councilor in our little town ,she works from west lakes , she had to go all the way to newcastle for her sessions , nightmare !!
goodluck with whatever you decide xx

HIya! Wow.. some good advice there.. this forum is brilliant! I'm originally from Whitehaven too Lana!! Well.. was born there then moved to Lancs now Hants!! Still got family up there.. love it!!

Gosh it is a small world isn't it! :)

I still love to visit when I get chance but Im glad I moved away!

Hi there,

Im doing well today thankyou. Had my weigh in last night and have lost 8lbs so far. Im really happy as people are starting to notice already! :D

How are you doing?

Hi Lana

Just read through this thread and there is some good advice. I started LL on 24th October 06 and had a load of social and business events around Christmas that I had to get through. I have to say I had a huge debate with myself about what to do and what people would think. You know what when it came to the crunch I decided that getting to my goal weight was more important than any thing that someone else said or thought. I had an all day business event including lunch. I know it sounds gross but I ate my bar in the loo and told everyone I had a dodgy stomach. I sat at the dinner table with coffees and sparkling water and believe me people soon forgot I wasn't eating. I went out for a meal with some freinds and purposely arrived late and told them I wasn't bothered about ordering because I was following a programme and they were all cool with it. One person was even a bit envious because I'd lost a couple of stone in the few months I hadn't seen her and I was looking good and slim in my party frock.

I went away for the first time in years with my Husband for my Birthday. We went to a beautiful cottage in the Cotwolds full all kinds of delicious goodies. The first couple of hours were hard but once I got through them I realised that it wasn't the food and drink that made the weekend. My memories are of walking over the bridge at Bourton on the Water with the Christmas Lights relecting on the dark water's suface, Victorian Carol singers singing Away in a manger, The smell of mulled wine and the little toyshops full of greatstuff for the children.

Its true you will face lots of dilemas on this journey and the more you take control of your decisions the easier it gets - don't get me wrong I still have days were I feel I am banging my head against the wall. It is a journey though and some days / weeks / months will be easier than others. For me I started feeling far more in control once I got to about the 4th week when LL had just become part of my life and I stoped obsessing about food.

If you really really want to lose this 2.5 stone ( after all I'm sure you plan to have only one wedding day!) then I would most stronly reccomend that you don't give yourself any excuse to not achieving that goal.

Hi Pixie,

I haven't decided yet but as the others have said, its very early on, Im only on day 9 and my attitude will probably change alot before these hurdles.

Im going to speak to the bride of the wedding were going to and tell her I have dietary requirements and need to eat chicken n veg, no wine, starter or dessert. I don't think she'll mind as it will cost her less for my place! That way if I do decide to eat, I can hopefully keep myself into Ketosis!

How are you getting on by the way? Im struggling with the soups now also, 1st few days were fine now they make me sick so Im just having shakes and a bar each day. :D
Sounds like a plan hun!
Im same old, lost my job yesterday so just felt like eating :(
But never mind eh?
I didn't!
x

Hi there,

Im doing well today thankyou. Had my weigh in last night and have lost 8lbs so far. Im really happy as people are starting to notice already! :D

How are you doing?

Hi Lana

Much much much better ow, lost another 4lbs this week so now lost just over 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks whihc I am so pleased about.

Now passed the half way mark am looking forward to counting down to managment. Hopefully will have learned to control & understand my bingeing by then lol.

x

Sounds like a plan hun!
Im same old, lost my job yesterday so just felt like eating :(
But never mind eh?
I didn't!
x

Oh Pix I am so sorry to hear that, but do not lapse just focus on something else.

Fingers crossed everything works out job wise :hug99:

x

oh Pix that's rotten.

I had a really bad day at work one day this week - was really upset and angry by something that happened; but a good friend said that out of every negative comes a positive. Didn't believe her at the time, but you'll never guess what happened - there may be another job opportunity coming up - wey hey! I am sure the same will happen to you -please don't come off the LL to eat, you're inspiring us all.

Lana (I think it was) I have had 2 bars in the toilet too - exactly the same reason, 2 business lunches and nowhere you can go to hide / eat alone at all - aargh!!! you've made me feel so much better though!

Back