Advice on New Kittens

Give it time and you will soon be treating them as children!!!! They just like being held like that and are very sooky cats - they sleep on radiator beds at night and their blankets/sctrachting posts when they cannot be bothered with us!!!!

:) think hubby would have a heart attack if I started treating them like kids!

I agree with Alycyn1980, give it time & you will be treating them like children, you'll be talking to them, making sure their blanket is just right, making sure they've got all their fav toys nearby.................. it happens, even OH talks to Phoebe & gives her treats. When I get in after work I always ask her how her day has been & ask what she's been doing all day, :D

Happy Holidays said:
I agree with Alycyn1980, give it time & you will be treating them like children, you'll be talking to them, making sure their blanket is just right, making sure they've got all their fav toys nearby.................. it happens, even OH talks to Phoebe & gives her treats. When I get in after work I always ask her how her day has been & ask what she's been doing all day, :D

That's really cute :)

Hi I was just wondering how your weekend went and how things are with the kittens? Hope all was Ok when you were away and you managed to enjoy yourselves :)

I confess I did phone up 4 times to make sure they were okay - OH was wetting himself laughing at me. My friends went in 3 times a day to feed them and play with them for a bit ,and when we got home they came bounding out to us, all happy to see us. No damage done over the weekend to my flat either, which was nice

Since then they have turned into little terrors! They climb on anything and everything! They run around like complete nutters fighting at least 50% of the time. The rest of it they are asleep. preferably on my husband, or failing that, in the washing basket. One of them woke me up in the middle of the night last licking my nose! I found them on top of my 7ft tall coat rack last night - god only knows how they got up there.

Basically, they are amazing :)

I confess I did phone up 4 times to make sure they were okay - OH was wetting himself laughing at me. My friends went in 3 times a day to feed them and play with them for a bit ,and when we got home they came bounding out to us, all happy to see us. No damage done over the weekend to my flat either, which was nice

Since then they have turned into little terrors! They climb on anything and everything! They run around like complete nutters fighting at least 50% of the time. The rest of it they are asleep. preferably on my husband, or failing that, in the washing basket. One of them woke me up in the middle of the night last licking my nose! I found them on top of my 7ft tall coat rack last night - god only knows how they got up there.

Basically, they are amazing :)

Yep they sure are :) Still think you wot treat them like kids?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When mine were kittens & not allowed out yet we found Bambam hanging out the top of a window trying to escape, needless to say some of the blind slats are slightly bevelled now as she attempted this a few times!! Will yours be outdoor cats or are they going to be kept inside? Invest in a laser pen from Pets @ Home, brilliant for tiring them out

Alycyn1980 said:
Yep they sure are :) Still think you wot treat them like kids?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When mine were kittens & not allowed out yet we found Bambam hanging out the top of a window trying to escape, needless to say some of the blind slats are slightly bevelled now as she attempted this a few times!! Will yours be outdoor cats or are they going to be kept inside? Invest in a laser pen from Pets @ Home, brilliant for tiring them out

They are lovely & cute, I don't see myself rocking then to sleep any time soon :)

They will go out eventually, but not till we've had them spayed. Don't need more kittens!

They've already broke my only full length mirror with their arsing around. That may have done me a favour though tbh :)

Hubs has mentioned the laser pen thing as well, may need to invest.

Last edited:
We got small collars & leashes & tk them out 2 get used 2 the area & get their smell about the place so they knew where they were when did get out!!!!!! Also helped them get used 2 the cat flap :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Back