Advice on New You

Hi girls

I am currently doing W8 but finding it very expensivw when you factor in postage etc. I was thinking about Exante but heard very mixed reports about their products.

I have been reading about New You. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of info on the website.

How many packs/bars do you consume in a day as I see women are advised 3 but the diary seems to have a lot of days when 4 things are consumed. :sigh::confused:

Can you drink coffee, tea and is it black only as W8 has a milk allowance?

Is the support good?

What packs do you recommend?

and finally how many multi vitamins is in the pack they supply on the website or is anyone that is doing the New You using their own multivitamins and what brands do they recommend?

Love Kelly xxxx

Hello Kelly - hope i can answer your questions to erase any concerns you have about this diet!!

I started it at start of New Year and can honestly say i have not looked back.

When you go on line there is a booklet containing ALL nutritional information about each product as well as an ingredients listing. You also receive a booklet about the diet and how it works - the New You bible as such!

Number of products - on a VLCD between 450-600 calories is recommended to maximise weight loss. Depending on the products you choose will determine the number of calories, hence alter the number of products you may consume in any given day.

Coffee and any leaf tea may be drunk - you can have a very small milk allowance, but as i dont drink milk i cant remember the exact quantity....

The support is unbelievable!!! Constant email/telephone motivation, advice and encouragement. There is also a weekly online meeting which is great for sharing tips/journeys, etc.

Multi-vit = 60 in tub, however, i do just take a generic multi-vitamin and to date no probs!

Lastly - products! Everyones tastes are so different! Personally i aim to have either a shake or porridge for breakfast, soup or bar for lunch and meal for dinner with a bar or snacks for supper (depending on calories of course).
As you can see the range enables me to pick what best suits depending on day ahead/mood/etc.

I see on their web that there are some great trial offer packs at bargain prices....

I hope this helps! Buying in bulk with one postage cost regardless of package size helps so much more too....i really am a fan Kelly as to date ive had great success and couldnt have don eit without finding this diet and the behind the scenes support!
What you read on its site is exactly what you receive!!!!

Any more questions please ask.....and let me know what you decide to do!!!!!!xx

Hey Little Miss!

I have taken the plunge with New You and ordered today wish me luck!

Hi everyone,

is this also a low carb diet as well.

Thanks

Shaz x

Hiya Shaz.. its a total food replacement diet xxx

Erm not quite. It's all on the website but I wonder how many of you have actually read it?

The "Total" range of products are suitable for a TFR diet. It was quite limited at first but they do seem to be adding more products to this range now, which is good.

The rest are high-protein low-carb products and according to New You's own website "can be used as part of a food abstinence programme". I know they recommend a multivit if you are going to use them but to be honest, reading their own website I don't think the non-Total products are really suitable for a TFR because the calorie and nutrient contents of them are all over the place. They are designed to be used as occasional meal replacements on a calorie-controlled or low-carb diet or as an extra treat on a TFR rather than as an overall TFR from what I can see.

I know some of you have had good losses using these products and I'm pleased for you but any diet where you are only getting 500-odd calories per day (sometimes less depending which products are used) is going to have you losing weight - especially at first. This doesn't necessarily mean that your weioghtloss is going to be sustainable in the long term though, or is even going to be safe and healthy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slating New You and I'm certainly not saying don't do it. They offer a wide range of products and by all accounts the products are good quality and taste good too. All the information you need to use their products properly and lose weight whilst maintaining your health is there on their website. It just needs you to do a bit of homework before you start and make sure you fully understand the difference between the 2 product ranges I think.

Hi Yambabe,

Very helpful thanks.....as i am torn between New You and Exante diets.

Shaz x

Although Exante is working for me I'm not going to immediately jump in and say "do that one"!

Every person is different and what works for one may not necessarily work for someone else.

I would say research both as thoroughly as you can (which you already seem to be doing) and maybe even write down the pros and cons of each of them, keep asking on here as well then make your mind up in your own time. :)

The whole concept of TFR/VLC diets is big business at the moment and there are a lot of them out there with new ones starting up regularly. Some are good, some are not so good, some are well-established, some are very new to the market. Only you can decide which one is right for you and at the end of the day that may come down to trial and error.

Keep on asking them awkward questions - if at any time one of them can't answer then maybe that diet is not the one for you!

These were my reasons for choosing Exante:
- it was cheap in comparison to some others
- I didn't want weekly meetings or 1-2-1 counselling
- I didn't want a long-term abstinence programme
- I wanted a structured approach to reintroducing food
- I wanted to be able to adapt occasionally to cover social occasions
- I wanted the 100% RDA of essential vits and minerals
- I liked that it doesn't contain asapartame

Those may not tie in with what you are looking for in your eating plan though!

HTH.

Thanks Yambabe,

I thought that the New You diet had more choice....but realise after reading one of your post's only some of the tfr packs have all the essential nutrition...minerals...vitamins etc.

It is important for me to feed my body with the most nutritious option.
Heaven knows these diets are severe enough as it is.....every little helps to hopefully stave off the hair loss that i had before.
However after trying so many other diets this year that just do not work for me.......ps i do not cheat on them either.
Think i know deep down inside that this is my last shot.
I have a birthday party on the 13Th so will plan to start the next day.
In the meantime i will hang around on the site and continue low carb via food till then.

Shaz x

Dezzie

The New You Site is split into two options which you can choose to mix. If you do mix the ranges they advise to take a multi vitamin. Which many people take an many of the VLCDs anyway as a precaution. If you have any questions email or call JulieAnn at New You on the number on the website. She is lovely.

Kelly

Thanks Kellyplanet,

I have ordered the 10 piece trial pack......to see if i like it.
Then it will be either New You or Exante.
Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply to me.

Shaz x

Back