advice please :o( Can aam take you out of ketosis???

sophia-jo

Silver Member
hiya,

I'm on day 4 of my first AAM week. For the first time on aam I have done a ketostix test...I usually do the test every few days or so, even though I don't cheat I just like to check that the stick turns pink.

Anyway...like I say, I'm on day 4 of aam and I just did a test...It didnt go PINK :cry: I have had the correct measurements of food on aam and some may even say my veg portions were extra stingy.. I ended up having 3 broccolli florets last night (I upped it a bit).

Can someone please tell me why I may have come out of ketosis, I'm really upset over this...I have not cheated one single time in the 5 weeks that I have been on cd...I've not overly drunk the water today so my urine isnt watered down too much, the reading truely was negative :(

It was hell for me to get into ketosis, I felt really ill, this week I won't be burning off fat now I'm not in ketosis....will I go into starvation mode??

I'm so upset, advice would be so appreciated.
Sorry for all the questions by the way...I'm just gutted. xxx

Hi Sophia-Jo

Sorry I dont have an answer for you as I am just on Day 4 but know how gutted you must be working so hard - hopefully someone with more information will be on soon.

Dont get too downhearted look at how far you have come and know that you are going to get to goal.

Sophia Jo, Dont panic!!!!!

Ok, The carb content on AAM cannot bring you out of Ketosis, its not possible.

Secondly, even if you have popped out, then you will show pink again v soon, without any side effects like the first time, because your carbs in your body are low.

In 5 months of SS I didnt test for Ketosis once, simpley because, I did what you are doing, and that is, I did my best. A mod on here SSed for 6 months and her stick never showed up pink once!!!!!!

Keep doing what you are doing, and you will be fine, starvation mode should not be an issue here, but you may retain a small amount of water as it is AAM, pls drink 4 ltrs per day to sort that.

Do not, please, ruin this, for the sake of weeing on a stick.

Sophia Jo, Dont panic!!!!!

Ok, The carb content on AAM cannot bring you out of Ketosis, its not possible.

Secondly, even if you have popped out, then you will show pink again v soon, without any side effects like the first time, because your carbs in your body are low.

In 5 months of SS I didnt test for Ketosis once, simpley because, I did what you are doing, and that is, I did my best. A mod on here SSed for 6 months and her stick never showed up pink once!!!!!!

Keep doing what you are doing, and you will be fine, starvation mode should not be an issue here, but you may retain a small amount of water as it is AAM, pls drink 4 ltrs per day to sort that.

Do not, please, ruin this, for the sake of weeing on a stick.

Hiya Vicky,

Thanks so much....I have to say, I was tempted to eat a macaroon (a mini one) but I didn't, I have been close to tears coz I know I've not cheated at all. I'm still gutted, but have taken your advice and knowledge on board. Thanks for getting back to me Vicky, you're always there full of support...gonna go rep you now.

Thanks again.... I'm sorry I did the test to be honest...I think I'll check after day 2 of me being back on ss, that will be next week, then I don't think I'll be checking on my next aam week.

Thanks again Vicky... xx sj xx

Hi Sophia-Jo

Sorry I dont have an answer for you as I am just on Day 4 but know how gutted you must be working so hard - hopefully someone with more information will be on soon.

Dont get too downhearted look at how far you have come and know that you are going to get to goal.

Cheers nicola, I'll keep going....AAM has made me hungry you see, that's the main reason I did the test..and I'm sorry that I did.
oh well, worse things happen at sea.

Thanks again and lots of luck on your journey to a slimmer you xxx

Oh SJ. I never use the sticks because I know that I would get too obsessed with the readings - thats the reason I removed my scales from the bathroom as i knew that any gain could potentially send me off on a binge.

As the others said, you wont have the same problems getting back into ketosis as you have not eaten any carbs. You will still lose weight on this diet, ketosis or not, as the calories are so very low.

Try not to worry chick, and dont get tempted to eat anything. Just stick to the plan and let it do the work.

(((hugs)))

Hi Sophia-Jo, I'm also on my first AAM week and I tested this am out of curiosity and I had a negative result. Like you I haven't cheated and find I feel hungrier this week and really want to eat. I'm tempted to stop my last 2 AAM's because of it. :)

Hi Sophia-Jo, I'm also on my first AAM week and I tested this am out of curiosity and I had a negative result. Like you I haven't cheated and find I feel hungrier this week and really want to eat. I'm tempted to stop my last 2 AAM's because of it. :)

Hi Splash, it can be so disheartening can't it? I have 4 add a meals left including tonight, and I thought about giving them up but I'm not gioing to, I'm out of ketosis anyway and I guess that there will still be some weight loss with only having about 600 cals each day. I wouldnt advise you to miss out your meals hun, I bet a cdc would say the same. I'm really looking forward to my meal tonight hun.

I hope you choose to eat your last 2 aam this week, you deserve them.

Thanks for replying hun...have you been on the daily lately?? xx sj xx

Oh SJ. I never use the sticks because I know that I would get too obsessed with the readings - thats the reason I removed my scales from the bathroom as i knew that any gain could potentially send me off on a binge.

As the others said, you wont have the same problems getting back into ketosis as you have not eaten any carbs. You will still lose weight on this diet, ketosis or not, as the calories are so very low.

Try not to worry chick, and dont get tempted to eat anything. Just stick to the plan and let it do the work.

(((hugs)))

Hiya sweetie, thanks for that. It has made me want to eat but I havent and don't intend to (other than my add a meal). It's TOTM for me at the moment so that hasnt helped me regarding feeling a bit P££d off about this. I fully intend to continue on this MAD DIET lol I have to get to goal. I just hope I perk up a bit, I had 10 hours sleep last night and I feel sooo tired, must be the in and out of Ketosis that has messed me about a bit. I intend to use another stick next week when I'm back on SS but then I think I'll leave it.

Hope you are feeling ok hun xx sj xx

Back