Advice Please

charlotte1985

I have lost weight with slimming world, and am happy with how I've done, although I have got a few pesky little pounds to go.

I used Davina's DVD last year, and got the new one this year. I have also just borrowed Hannah Watermans off a friend. I do use them, they arent sitting gathering dust. I also enjoy using them, I would just like to know how to use them for the best results.

I know cardio is good for fat burning (well I will stand corrected if this isnt right) but how often should I do it. I also want to mix in weights for toning, but again, how often should I be aiming for?

What types of exercising are best for cardio...I read that running and jumping on the spot is good...is that right?

Thanks guys xx

I believe hanna watermans is interval based? I do a lot of this with kettlebells and is a highly effective workout. In effect you work at a high rate for a shortish burst, quick recovery and then work again. benefit is less time is needed, usually simple equipment (just one weight or kettlebell) and you get EPOC which is burning cals for 24-48 hrs after due to the intensity of the workout.

It is however hard - you generally work at least 80-90% of max (measured using 220 minus your age, im 47 so 173 is my max). So balancing it with other exercises such as cardio or a class is very beneficial.

Cardio is good and doing some will build stamina.

How about 2 x kettlebell sessions pw (20-30mins each, kettleworx dvd is good) this will tone and burn fat, a session on a x-trainer/treadmill/bike (15mins each like a triathlon - work at 70% of max) and a class perhaps zumba. This is a good mix, balancing your needs and long term benefcial. the last stone is a challenge - your body is now very efficient so you need variation...

Let us know if this isnt right or what kit/gym you have access to.

I have lost weight with slimming world, and am happy with how I've done, although I have got a few pesky little pounds to go.

I used Davina's DVD last year, and got the new one this year. I have also just borrowed Hannah Watermans off a friend. I do use them, they arent sitting gathering dust. I also enjoy using them, I would just like to know how to use them for the best results.

I know cardio is good for fat burning (well I will stand corrected if this isnt right) but how often should I do it. I also want to mix in weights for toning, but again, how often should I be aiming for?

What types of exercising are best for cardio...I read that running and jumping on the spot is good...is that right?

Thanks guys xx

Back