Advice Please

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by suziesue, 3 April 2009 Social URL.

1. suziesue

suziesue Member

Hi
    I started on xenical yesterday, I rang up the support telephone number and they informed me that they are updating a website and that they are not currently taking referrals. I am really struggling as I do not have a high fat diet and tend to have a maximum of 5grams total per meal, will this stop me losing weight.

I am concerned because I am eating higher fat foods and I am worried that I wont lose weight.

As anyone any advice.

Thanks

Suzanne

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    If you are eating higher fat foods, then you will almost certainly suffer side effects such as loose, orange bowel movements. As a guide, Xenical recommend that food that you eat should be no more than 5% fat ( that is 5g of fat per 100g of food product), and that your meals should have a total of no more than 15g of fat. It also means that say you have a wee block of low fat cheddar, say a 30g piece, and that piece has 5g of fat, it is still too high in fat as percentage wise there is over 15g of fat per 100g.
    I know this means looking more closely at food labels, but it is worth it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.