advice re maintenace - please

Discussion in 'CD 1000-maintenance' started by lorraineg, 3 August 2009 Social URL.

1. lorraineg

lorraineg Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(17.36%)
    Diet:
    cd - ss
    hi all!

ive got 8lb till goal!! - :bliss:

at end of aug its my bday and hols so going to come off ss for 1 week and then go back on to get to goal (understand this may be hard but determined)

anyway - only ever done ww before so really need to get to grips with carbs, calories etc and just wondering if someone could PLEASE recommend a good book or two that will help:confused:

thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi

If you put "calorie and carb counter" into Google it'll bring up a few options e.g. books such as "The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible" and various online resources as well.

Some are easier to use than others so have a look to see what works for you. Might be worth checking out the calorie counting section on Minimins too. :)

4. alexmummy07

alexmummy07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.47%)
    Diet:
    CD/SW
    Hiya,

I haven't used a book as of yet, only the guides in the CD book, but didn't want to ignore your post.

Good luck for getting to goal xx

5. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I went to WH Smiths and bought Collins gem Calorie Counter book, it is small enough to fit into your handbag and gives you the protein carbs fat and fibre aswell as the calorie content of lots of food like an apple, or Golden Wonder crisps, so does cover quite a lot.

6. dreamingmaid

dreamingmaid Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge weight plan
    Sorry to be a bit of a spoiler here but i noticed that your bmi is 21.8 and you are doing ss. You should really be on a higher plan as you could start to loss lean muscle tissue. You normally start a higher plan once your bmi hits 25.
    Hope you don't mind me saying :)

Good luck with your maintenance plans

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.