Advise required from LT's "biggest losers"

Louise1

I started LT at 16st 4lbs. I'm now down to 14st 12lbs.
Before my operations etc I was between 8st & 8st 7lbs. I would love to get back to being, "me" again.
I was wondering if LT's big losers i.e. those who have lost huge amounts of weight (I had a total of 8st 4lbs to lose) would advise me to go LT 100% for say the 8 months required or would you stop half way, refeed then restart.
What did you do to lose your weight?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have a holiday planned in September and at the moment plan to stay on LT until then, is this do-able?

Last edited:
I would definately advise doing 100% as far as you can. I'm currently in my 8th month on LT and plan to stick to it until I reach my goal. You can always see how you feel further down the line, but if your head is in the right place, go for it!

Clair x

Skinny Geordies, that's almost unheard of isn't it!:p 8 months may seem like a long time, but try to just think about the current week you are doing. Each time you go for your WI and see & feel the pounds falling off, you will feel more determined to carry on.

Clair x

Hey louise!
I lost 8st 0.5lbs last year ...

I did 100% for 6months straight and planned to just do that as i had a few holidays over the summer. I was happy when i finished after losing 6st but after my summer i decided i wanted to get smaller so got back on it and did it again.

So basically i had my holidays and was happy enough but decided spur of the moment to go back to TFR to get smaller. (We are never happy right?! lol)

I'd say defo keep going 100% for aslong as you can. You will get the best results. It is alot harder the 2nd time around getting back on it.

Can you see yourself doing it for 5months straight?

You could make a massive dent in that 8st target if you do :) xxx

Absolutely, go for it 100%. Once you get past the first few weeks, you really adjust to it and it becomes much easier to manage.
I did it straight for six months and was very pleased that I did. I have decided to take a break for a while for the following reasons:
My GP does not approve of people on VLCDs for months on end. She felt, I had lost enough through TFR and felt I should try the old fashioned way for a while.
My OH was getting tired of permanently eating alone!!!
I felt ready for a break.
I may go back on TFR in a month or two. I've no hard and fast decision on that yet. I am following a low GL regime at the moment and it is keeping me in check at least!!
Go for 100% TFR. You will be sooooo pleased with yourself come September.

I have as much weight left to lose as you do.Sometimes I think will i do it in 2 shifts, take a break for a couple of months. other times keep at it till the end. I am thinking more the second option, as i am the big 4 0 next year. :0

Hez, if i were you id keep going aslong as you can :) Its harder the 2nd time around, plus, keep going and dont break you'll be at goal quicker! :giggle:

hi all what would happen if i did this just for 2weeks then went on to ww ? x Anna x

Hmmm, if you were to do it for 2 weeks youd need to make sure you do a proper refeed for atleast a week to introduce all the different food groups at different stages. After that which diet plan you chose, if any is up to you :)

how long would u say to do this for then b4 eating again as i got the stuff for 2weeks from when i was going to start, i need to lose just over 2st to get to my weight that i want to be for my wedding dress and only got 84days to do it and not alot of cash ? x

If you have 2 weeks worth of shakes and cant buy more then i guess youd do it for 1 full week then a refeed week. That is a little pointless though, its not what a tfr diet is meant to do.

You could do it for 2 full weeks and buy just 8single shakes from the chemist in order to do the weeks refeed.

yeh that is what my fiancee just said to me, is the refeed the same cost and is it diffent stuff

Its the same cost but youd only need a minimum of 8 shakes which works out around £13 (i think). But then youd need to factor in the cost for the food you will need.

Personally, i dont think a TFR is for you if you are just wanting a quick fix.

You may get 1st off in the 2 weeks but if you cant do a proper refeed theres a high risk you will put the majority of it back on and very quickly.

well im going to talk to my fiancee and wait till tuesday to see what money i have i do need to do somthing to lose the weight as ive been trying loads of stuff xx

Ok. TFR isnt easy and it certainly isnt meant for quick fixes. Its a pretty extreme diet so really consider whether you are able to do it properly and able to do a proper refeed after before you jump on in :)

Hi Anna, I came on LT with having it as a quick fix in mind and wanting to do at least 2 months. However I found out very quickly that my whole mindset has changed.

Its been an incredible (and continues to be!) experience with many many highs and lows along the way. Personally 2 weeks isn't really long enough to see and feel a difference. It takes about 3 weeks for our bodies to fully adjust to being on TFR. The first week is the hardest as the first few days of getting into ketosis are the most challenging but then the first weigh in is so rewarding.

As for the money side of it I can't advise there, as it all depends what you would normally spend on food in a week.

It is still possible to do the maintenance products and lose weight. You could have two maintenance products a day and then a very low calorie meal. That is what I am moving to following my refeed this week.

Good luck with whatever you choose xx

well im going to talk to my fiancee and wait till tuesday to see what money i have i do need to do somthing to lose the weight as ive been trying loads of stuff xx

Hi Anna,

Why don't you do 2 weeks of TFR, phone the LT helpline and ask them to send you some free samples of the refeed products (they will send you 5 different items), and also ask a friend or relative to do the same. That way you will have 10 refeed products to see you through a full week of refeed.

Clair x

Hi Anna,

Why don't you do 2 weeks of TFR, phone the LT helpline and ask them to send you some free samples of the refeed products (they will send you 5 different items), and also ask a friend or relative to do the same. That way you will have 10 refeed products to see you through a full week of refeed.

Clair x

Ahhh good thinking batman!!

Back