Alex gets Christmas number one 08..

Re her intellect. I have only seen her in a couple of interviews and have not seen anything to make me have strong views either way. I wouldn't want to judge someone on a couple of interviews.

Which is fair enough, but Im going on first, second and third impressions, none of which have been favourable. Maybe she'll improve as she gets used to them - but I cant see it.

'not a person'...very odd comment. So what if the songs she sang were given her to sing. That is what X Factor is all about. She doesn't claim to be a song writer or to have made it on her own, rather she entered a competition and won because she has an outstanding talent as a 'singer'. It may not be your cup of tea and that is fine, but obviously lots of people enjoy her version of the song. Me for one. I don't care that she didn't write it.....couldn't give a to*s tbh.

Re her intellect. I have only seen her in a couple of interviews and have not seen anything to make me have strong views either way. I wouldn't want to judge someone on a couple of interviews.

which is why i said IMO.. i didnt realise you were going to get abusive and swear..

I dont get why someone "deserves" to win something in which they are told what to do and say, and how to sing.. and what to sing.. shes a puppet.. not a person.. IMO :D

Means she was on equal footing with the others in the competition :rolleyes: In that case she won because she did the best of the lot.

We are all puppets to one degree or another .....

I dislike her..

I'll admit I'm indifferent to Alex. However you've formed an opinion based upon what you've been spoon fed by the media, so talk of puppets really are unfair if you're allowing the media to treat you like one.

... clearly she wasnt good enough to go the proper way about getting a contract herself..

So everyone well known in the [music] industry is good enough, talented etc. and anyone who can't get a contract is ... well ... rubbish?

i hate x factor..
Fair enough. Don't hate the people who compete in it though.

this is a pure example of why.. can sing.. millions of people all over the world can sing well..

There are lots of people who have many talents who will never make it big. :confused:

she cant play any instruments..

So what? Thats like saying ; there are lots of people that can create good meals by heating up ingredients, but everyone who can cook a meal from scratch deserve to be Michelin starred chefs. It doesn't work like that.

she has her music chosen for her..

Like so many artists AND bands out there ... if it isn't good enough to sell bucket loads it's not making it onto the album

shes told and taught how to sing the music..

Not sure where you got that from? She has a style and she sticks to it.

shes destroyed a great song..

She's interpreted a song - hardly what I'd term as destroying it. However it's your opinion.

she sounds terrible in interviews.. especially that radio 1 one on the charts..

I hope she becomes media savvy soon. I don't think I'd sound too coherent when interviewed either ...

I hate it cos a load of charvas have now come out and said.. "aaw.. but Jeff Buckleys version is depressing.."

I don't like snobbery of any kind and this verges on it I'm afraid. It's a lovely song and if it can be interpreted in a way that makes it more enjoyable to the masses then so be it. It's not as though the original version by Leonard Cohen is now illegal to listen to. If you don't like the latest version, switch off.

I personally find the latest incarnation of Do They Know It's Christmas really horrid, however it appeals to those who like the new version as it reflects the new genres of music. I choose to listen to the original - I don't hate those who performed the new version though.

No ****... its meant to be depressing you bunch of uneducated... yeah..

Well I think the Leonard Cohen version is lovely, the Jeff Buckley version is rubbish ... makes me one of them

you cant rightfully talk/sing about Samson getting his hair cut off and it NOT be depressing.. it isnt a fun happy occasion.. it talks about misery.. which i just find so funny/annoying that Alex has managed to take ALL that emotion away.. IMO.. :)

If people cared that much about the lyrics then they'd be reading the Bible and visiting the scriptures that talk about Samson's hair being cut off.

It's a song ... Leonard Cohen wrote a song.

Jeff Buckley did a cover version, I wonder if he delved and really felt the lyrics or did he just fancy being trendy and covering a song by Leonard ..... :rolleyes:

There's always next years X Factor .... although I wish Simon Cowell and Sinitta would just bog off now. I want the Christmas No. 1 to be exciting again and be a Christmas song .. not an x factor winner song.

In the meantime there's Celebrity Big Brother to make me chuckle.

Well nevermind Alex, I love the Leonard Cohen version and am old enough to remember when it first came out.

And I love to watch X Factor and am glad Alex won as I feel she was the best of the finalists

It will be interesting to see who remembers her in a year's time.

Irene xx

Well I love X Factor; love Alex, have backed her from the start; love the song, but even though I think the Jeff Buckley version was good, it's still not the original and maybe not the greatest version ever; I too look forward to Celeb BB and Dancing on Ice but you know what I love most of all - the fact that Irene and Cat have such a good relationship but still have such polar opinions :D

Well I love X Factor; love Alex, have backed her from the start; love the song, but even though I think the Jeff Buckley version was good, it's still not the original and maybe not the greatest version ever; I too look forward to Celeb BB and Dancing on Ice but you know what I love most of all - the fact that Irene and Cat have such a good relationship but still have such polar opinions :D

lol :):8855:

We share a lot of music tastes which is why she inherited all of my LPs from the 60s so she now has the original Leonard Cohen LP :cry:

Think I might ask for it back!

We have been to see people like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Keane and Neil Diamond as we both love a big range of artists. :)

Just wish I had her musical ability she can play beautiful music while I can only listen to it :sigh:

But I do believe people are entitled to their own opinions.

Irene xx

We share a lot of music tastes which is why she inherited all of my LPs from the 60s so she now has the original Leonard Cohen LP :cry:

We have been to see people like Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Keane and Neil Diamond as we both love a big range of artists. :)

Just wish I had her musical ability she can play beautiful music while i can only listen to it :sigh:

Irene xx

Aaaaaaaw!!!! this is like the cutest thing ever..!!
Its true.. we share a lot of tastes in music.. Esp like.. the beatles and the rolling stones and stuff.. we went to see natasha bedingfield too..

*hugs*.. x x x

Just wish I had her musical ability she can play beautiful music while I can only listen to it :sigh:

But I do believe people are entitled to their own opinions.

Irene xx

Aaaaaaaw!!!! this is like the cutest thing ever..!!
Its true.. we share a lot of tastes in music.. Esp like.. the beatles and the rolling stones and stuff.. we went to see natasha bedingfield too..

*hugs*.. x x x

I love the fact that you can enjoy similar things together and have similar tastes in music but the fact that you both have different tastes - and are not afraid to express differing opinions shows how special your relationship is xxx

Ah now that explains a lot! I can see why someone who has musical talent may take offence to shows like The X Factor.

But many artists these days just sing what they are told to sing by their manager the same as the contestants on The X Factor.

I get more frustrated by people like Kate Nash getting air space. Since when has talking in an annoying accent to music been a talent? There are plenty out there with no talent who only make it as doors are opened for them through connections they already have or because they have the money to do it themself. The X Factor just opens doors to those who have no other route. To many it will just be a launchpad for them to do what they really want to do and will just be the sacrifice they are making for their art

I hate watching the initial interviews where people who think they can sing go for an audition. Do they really think they have talent? I don't even like it when these people get laughed at

Irene xx

Back