Alex gets Christmas number one 08..

:8855::8855: no but its in the charts

You're very welcome Irene....no girlies I was just trying to lighten the mood.

As a global moderator on 4 different forums, from experience I find that the written word often gets misenterpreted, and the recipient gets offended when the poster didnt mean for that to happen.

So come on girlies, play nice *wink*

lol I have no clue whats in the charts so your comment seemed SO random :rotflmao:

It wasn't meant the way it sounded.....if indeed it sounded bad. I've read it loads of times and cannot see the problem, or is it just me!! Anyways, I said I wasn't going to post on this thread again so I bow out!!

yup Sandy you are correct plus the written word thing ....like I said can be misenterpreted.

I know it did seem random, I had to google myself to see what was in the charts, but I have listened to that song and I like it more that the no:1.

And I love X factor, espcially the funny auditions.

The shampoo girl in the hair salon I used to go to in Liverpool, went for one of the auditions when Ray was in it, last year (another good scouser lol) and she said she didnt even get as far as being auditioned by Simon and co, so I think maybe you have to be really bad or really good to get that chance.

Well that went down well , talk about a conversation - stopper
babytears.gif

I hadn't realised that there was a set of auditions prior to the TV ones until Taz said. You must be bad or not worth putting on TV if you fail those

Irene xx

A friend of mine went to the one in Birmingham and she said it was horrible. You all sit in a big stadium and get called up to sing to one guy sat in a chair with a clipboard. He simply says yes or no! Simple as that! My friend is a good singer, not outstanding but definately not bad. I think they have a brief to only put people through if they are really good or really bad or have some comedy value. They also do 'open auditions' sometimes where you skip the first stage and just turn up to audition in front of the judges

Exactly what my thoughts are Taz

so I think maybe you have to be really bad or really good to get that chance.

Didnt even think about the comedy value, but you have gotta be correct on that.

Just been listening to as many different versions of 'THE' song and still like Leonard Cohen's best. But found a version by Il Divo on their new CD and liked that.

What does everyone else think?

Irene xx

When Whitney had I will always love you at number one a guy actually had to go to court for playing it repeatedly. Playing the same song over and over again is a breach of the peace or something

Back