Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hun, you're doing so well as as you say it takes time for the lbs to drop off nearer to goal. But it will work for you, just keep focused as you've been doing :)

We can do this xxx

Hi Alexmummy, Great news for sticking with the 1000 plan it is still low calorie so still shift the lbs...very sensible!:D

Have a fab day!
xx

Well done on sticking to it, I am on 1000 plan, and for no reason suddenly put on a lb between Saturday and Sunday, then ate out on Sunday (lamb burger, but freshly made, not filled with breadcrumbs etc) and put on 1lb which I think was deserved, went without breakfast yesterday as my milk had gone bad and went to the gym and today got on the scales and nothing has shifted, so after losing 2lb at the beginning of the WI week I have now put it on and lost absolutely nothing.... maybe we need to give 1000 calories a chance and we will lose the weight eventually.... good luck with sticking to it, I am sure you will.

Alex & Greeneyes, don't panic! That weight WILL shift, I promise, it is all about keeping your nerve and staying with the plan. If you let it upset you, it can send you off into a wobble or a cheat, and that means it takes even longer to get to goal... I did that a few times, and learned the hard way. But just wanted to say I do TOTALLY know how hard it is when the scales slow, or, worse, edge upwards. It upsets me even now I am at goal & eating 'normally' & I know some fluctuations are par for the course... but you have to be brave and keep the faith, because CD DOES work. You may 'flatline' now and again, but then you will lose... if you stick to it, you will get there.

And Alex, staying with 1000 is totally the way... I missed that you had gone back to SS! I'm glad your friend pointed out that staying at 1000 was wiser, she is dead right. You'll get there hon. Big hugs.

xxx

And Alex, staying with 1000 is totally the way... I missed that you had gone back to SS! I'm glad your friend pointed out that staying at 1000 was wiser, she is dead right. You'll get there hon. Big hugs.

xxx

Thanks Katy - I've stuck with 1000, so I'm hoping it will pay off in the long run.

8th July 2009...

Well it's now only 3 days to the parent's anniversary, and I'm about to call up for the menu to then post on here (I hope you don't mind) I'd just like a bit of guidance as to which would be the best item's to pick, as it will be fairly close to my next official weigh in with CDC on Monday, and I really don't want to gain (if I can help it!)

Another miserable day outside, I can't believe it :(
My little man is getting quite ratty and keeps toddling towards the door, he so wants to go out, but I haven't got the car, and it's just so wet :(

I hope it might just dry up later so we can pop out for a short walk. I think my mum might be popping over later, so that might cheer him up a bit to see his nan - who totally dotes on him xx

Its not too good weatherwise here either, our shed came yesterday, it is 8x10 feet and is a metal one, it comes in millions of bits and we haven't had the weather to put it up yet, weather forecast says no rain tomorrow here, so hoping it stops before tonight so we can make a start...
Looking forward to seeing your menu, I ate out on Sunday and wasn't faced with the most healthy menu, although definately mouthwatering, but at least everything came with salad and not chips.... the dressing was seperate, but it was so yummy I ate the lot..... oh well only do it occasionally... good luck with your 1000 plan today and hope your little boy enjoys his Nans visit... (and you too)..

Just a quick update today.
Not feeling great at all - tummy really bad, no idea where that has come from - will post menu for tomorrow. None of it looks all that healthy. Going to skip the starters, and have a main, and then fruit cocktail for pudding. The seabass I thought would be the best, but I really dislike seabass (I dislike everything at this moment in time :( )

But these are the choices...
Main

Rib Eye Steak Plum Tomato, Field Mushroom and Chips​

Chicken Wrapped in Palma Ham, Fondant Potato, Buttered Spinach Red Wine Sauce​

Confit Duck Leg, Thyme Creamed Potato, Buttered Mange Tout, Madeira Sauce​

Seared Sea Bass fillet, Confit Fennel, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Basil Pesto​

Penne Pasta, Mushroom and Asparagus Sauce​

Dessert

Pecan Tart, Toffee Sauce​
Vanilla Crème Brulee​
Profiteroles Chocolate Sauce​
Fresh Fruit Salad​
Selection of British Cheeses with home made oat cakes​

[FONT=&quot]Dessert Wine 125ml [/FONT]

I see what you mean about none of it being particularly healthy, just enjoy yourself, and step up your exercise for the next week... have a really great time and hope you feel better tomorrow. I am also going out tomorrow, my mother in law is over from Australia and she has borrowed a friends house who is on holiday and the whole family is going over there tomorrow for dinner that she is cooking (for about 20 people eeeek), she did mention salmon the other day but no one else seems to like that so would it be too awful to hope she does it... lol Oh yes, I have eaten out a few times and put on about 1lb which I have lost quite quickly, I have NEVER drunk alcohol though and think that would be a very bad idea, I always drink diet coke.

hey alexm, Hope you are feeling better, how did the meal go?

x

Just checking in to say hi, hope meal went well...

xxx

Hmmm, where have you disappeared too.... hope the meal went okay and you managed to stick to healthy choices.... get back on here and let us know.... lol

Sorry sorry sorry!

I meant to get on this morning, and time just flew away somewhere!

Ok so the meal!
We were offered bread - I said no thankyou
Starter - I said no thankyou
Wine - I had about 1/4 of a glass with the toast with everyone else
Maincourse - I did have steak, it was nice - but there was no sauce, so very dry, so not that enjoyable to be fair, and the mushrooms (I thought the 'safe' option) were LOADED with salt!! couldn't believe it!
Desert - I stuck with fruit cocktail, and enjoyed the freshness of the fruits, no icecream, no cream
I had a tiny slice of mums and dad's cake and that was that!
Yesterday morning I had put on 3/4lb so had lots of extra water, and a nice walk out with my fiance and little boy.

Had first official weigh in with CDC tonight, and weighed in at 11 stone 9!! 2lbs down from last week!! yay!!!!!
very very pleased, but aware could still be holding salt, and also TOTM so need to drink lots of water, and make sure all balanced this week so as not to conjure a gain next week, but currently VERY VERY pleased - and on track - didn't knock me off yesterday or anything like that :)

Have a great evening everyone. (Greeneyes - don't worry I'm going NOWHERE!) Here for GOOD! Too many goals to achieve, and too much to learn xx

hiya AM, sounds like it went really well and you did great! well done you!!
fab news on the 2lbs down too, it's working really well for you, i bet you are chuffed hun!

Good work!! and here's to another great week!

xx

14th July 2009...

I've got an interview this morning, so I'm quite nervous. It's for a part time position, and I know I've done much bigger interviews in my life, but I'm still terrified!
Been keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I might get it, but trying to work out childcare costs against tax credits and all the rest is a nightmare!

I can't believe the last time I went for an interview I was about 4 stone heavier! Feels strange that - yet I still feel very conscious of how long, and will they think I'm fat? I know it shouldn't matter, but that's my instant reaction - gosh I really need to sort my head!

Have a great day everyone, I will update on here, and everyone else's diaries later. xx

Good luck hun!! keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

xx

Glad to see you back AM, and its great to hear your healthy food choices for your meal out too, well done on sticking to your plan and saying no to the bread and starters, I have always done this when eating out too. I had a meal out on Saturday at MILs, she is over from Australia and had borrowed someones house and cooked us all a meal. Luckily it was salmon, so nice and healthy anyway, but I was very careful in what I ate, was very aware of portion sizes, but unfortunately had seconds of choc cheesecake and whipped cream, but luckily the scales only went up .6lb on Sunday and another .4lb on Monday so 1lb in all and today 2lb has come off, so just goes to show we can eat out and still manage our weight, although obviously our weightloss will be slower. Well done on your weightloss, excellent news..

Glad the meal went well & well done on your loss this week, yay! Good luck with the interview, will be thinking of you.

xxx

16th July 2009...

Yay! I got the job! It's 12 hours a week, so only part time, but I'm hoping I will do ok! I start my training next week.
Quite nervous about leaving my little boy - he will be in either Day Nursery or a childminder from September, but with my mum in the summer hol's which won't be so bad, so I have a little bit of time to sort him out between now and then.
I'm just hoping it will help us out financially :) as the day nurseries seem sooo expensive!

Anyway, food wise have been craving like mad this week, it's the first TOTM where I really have been like this since being on CD. I could feel a mega binge coming on, so I have taken (in my eyes) the better step of having a very small amount of something small that I shouldn't 'really' have for the last 3 days. I mean like a bite of something and savering the taste of it. I have had 2 small squares of a milky bar, and a mouthful of cake (seperate days). I have counted the calories of these things as well, and I have walked away from anything else.
When I have done this (before eating these) I have drank water, had fruit, and given myself time before doing it to analyse what exactly I am doing, so it is a conscious eat, and not a subconscious binge of food if that makes any sense. I know this doesn't make eating naughty food any better, but it is still a big step in the right direction, as before I would have big binged, eaten a massive bar of galaxy, whole yoghurts, crisps (the big bags) etc etc, and I really haven't, so I am proud of myself, and I know it's because of TOTM, and so far today the cravings have subsided, so I'm hoping the 3 days have passed, and now I can carry on 100% on plan again.

Obviously if this has affected my weight loss, then I will pay the price, but if I could stay the same this week, then I would be at least happy with that xx

Back