Alexmummy's learning journey...

Quick update - just 1lb down this week - bit disappointed it wasn't more, but I'm ok at least scales are down - be back with more soon xx

Ok - back.

So - 1lb down - 10 stone 5 now. I am disappointed, but I know a loss is a loss, so I'm ok with it.
Have talked through how life is with CDC, the dizzy spells, my stomach getting sore, and the pains and so on. She really really thinks I need to move up again sooner rather than later and I can understand this, just find it soooo hard when I just want to get to goal.
CDC explained that perhaps after dieting for so long my body needs more and the pains etc are a sign that it is craving more, esp when doing so much and dealing with so much at the moment.
CDC also thinks that if I start going up to 1000 now/within the next few days then body will have adjusted properly by the time December comes (if not well before then) and so will be ready to deal with the food that will be there for the days that will be happening ie little boys b'day, theatre trip, meal out for exam results, and xmas also.
CDC also thinks that by going up now, when I hit goal weight I will be hitting goal weight at a true weight rather than glycogen induced weight - if that makes sense? So if I go up now then I will only have to hit goal once, as I will already have the glycogen stores re-filling.

I am VERY very nervous about all of this, and really am feeling like can I do this? Will I get to goal in the time I thought? Will I ever get to goal now? On the other hand I can see her point, and the fact I have been feeling so so tired all the time to the point of sleeping on the sofa in the day - which I never do I guess could prove the point I do need some more energy from somewhere, but is this the right way?

Lots of thoughts to sleep on tonight xx

Hey hon..
You have done fantastically well 1lbs down is a great loss still hon espeically at this stage..
I agree with going up to 1000 especially if you have so many planned days off etc...
I think 1000 is a fab step to be on especially as you introduce fruit and I love that you can eat fruit on it..
I was still losing a good pound a week on 1000 step...
Your doing fab hon 93 lbs off is truly amazing xxx

AlexM, lots to think about, and your CDC is going to be the expert here. She's right, your body has been through so many great changes, and maybe it's just starting to protest a bit! As Curly says, 1000 is a great plan and will give you lots more options and hopefully lots more energy. You will still get to goal, hun, perhaps a bit more slowly, but you will get there. Of all the people I have seen on minis over the last year, there are very few as determined as you have been, and I doubt that will change now. Big hugs, and do what is right for your body... nothing is worth making yourself ill for.

xxx

Your CDC seems very sensible to me. I understand how you can be sorry that you 'only' lost 1lb, but just go and pick up 2 blocks of butter - that's a lot gone you know.
I think as you have been feeling ill you should consider being brave and taking her advice. You need to be well for yourself and Alex and to enjoy all those celebrations ahead! x

Thanks for all your comments girls. I am really trying hard to move up to 1000 - but have to admit I am scared. It's daft really as I have done it but moved back down to shift more weight in time for the wedding.

I have started the day well though - 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk, and cup of tea.
3/4litre of water will be full drunk before music class with Alex this am.

Lunch will be decided upon when I get back. I won't see CDC next week, but am booked in for the week after. I hope in this time, the glycogen stores will equal themselves out, so that any gain that could potentially happen will have gone and so I will see a loss when I next stand on her scales...here's hoping anyway.

I may be here a lot the next few weeks! God knows why eating is now so scary! It's eating that got me here in the first place! xx

I may be here a lot the next few weeks! God knows why eating is now so scary! It's eating that got me here in the first place! xx

That's exactly why. I know just how you feel, but you have such determination, you'll be just fine.

Alex I think you will be fine....what little increase you may have at the start will quickly go away when you stay on the plan. I understand yours thoughts on eating again, as I was scared when I did, just try and keep your mind calm......I think thats what got me completely off track!

Thanks again for all your replies - I do take all your comments on board and think them over, and work from them.

I have spent today planning the week ahead, looking at the menu's and working out a plan for the week (s) ahead.
I can't say I still don't feel scared about how things are going to pan out, but I'm trying, and I'm following the plan, so I'm really hoping for the best.

Foodie today...

B - Shredded Wheat + Cup Tea
L - CD Bar + Banana
D - Couscous, chicken, red/green pepper, onions, 1/2 chicken stock cube
SN - CD Shake choc Mint
SN - Apple

Tomorrow I am planning on having the salmon with mint yoghurt dressing (as in the book) after a long day at work it looks quick and fairly easy to make x

Hi All

Well it's been another fairly busy weekend here.
Working yesterday, but the food problem I've had with work previously is going ok. I'm having Shredded Wheat before work, then a fruit on my break (Banana and clemtine yesterday) then when I finish managing to sit down with bar etc. It seems to be working ok this way. Banana I think is giving me enough energy to keep going through work, but leaving me enough so that I can eat something when I finish work without eating my dinner too early either.

Had OH's mum for tea last night, make the steak and stout casserole from the CD book, and it was gorgeous! Added leeks and green beans to the recipe for veg and it really was very lovely. OH, etc were impressed, and it was an easy meal too.

Today, been over to my nan's who is lovely, and has been complimenting me on my figure. I showed her my old jeans from last year...size 20...wow they are huge but it's not 'til you put them on again you realise quite how huge! I'm wearing size 12's comfortably now and happy in them at the moment. They are tight on my calves and I don't honestly think there is anything I can do about that so I don't think I would drop any lower than a 12 in skinny jeans at least.

Now I'm home, have had tuna salad with wholewheat pasta for dinner which was nice - but definitely fancy something 'warmer' for tomorrow, so think it will be turkey something tomorrow.

I have been reflecting about the plan today, the scales are definitely wobbling, and it is hard to see that, but I am trying really hard to stick to the plan. I know I need to follow it, and logically it is working. The pains from my tummy have gone, the dizziness has now gone, and the tiredness has gone too. Almost feeling the happiness/buzz of SS but on 1000 if that makes any kind of sense - just without the thrill or knowing that I'm losing weight. That being the old downside is my fear of not losing weight/of being stuck where I am, when I am craving to get to a healthy BMI, and into my healthy weight range, and soon.

Also its 27 days now until the wedding, and I would really like to tone up in that time too, my legs, tummy and arms in particular, I just don't know how much can be done in that time, and in some ways where to start. I know a lot about cardio and so on, but when it comes to toning, I'm a bit of a novice.
Going to have to read up a lot! (and get started)

I have babbled on wayy too long tonight, but have lots of thoughts and feelings going on at the mo. Will try and post some more tomorrow xx

Glad you're feeling better Alex, that's a big relief... and that 1000 is suiting you. The weight WILL drop, but give your body a chance to adjust... you'll get there!

xxx

Glad you're feeling better Alex, that's a big relief... and that 1000 is suiting you. The weight WILL drop, but give your body a chance to adjust... you'll get there!

xxx

Thank you Katy - I think that's what I need to hear. I'm not jumping off the plan or anything - just learning, or re-learning to adapt, and trust my body with food again, and that I can lose again with food. Just trust the plan...I guess xx

Today I am learning 'the pause'...gotta run but will be back with details later!!

Have a good day all xx

Tell us about the Pause AlexM... I had a bit of trouble with it, yesterday, so any light you can shed is welcome!

xxx

It sounds like you made a good choice moving up to teh 1000 plan! It's still a low calorie plan so you will lose weight. Just trust in the process and the weight will come off.

Your food sounds delicious - I will get the CD book out in a minute to check out the recipes!

Have a good day!

Hi, just saying hello. :)

Hi Everyone

OK - Firstly the pause - yesterday went out and picked up some shopping on the way home. My little boy's childminder had mentioned that he liked Brioche with her, and had spotted something similar whilst at work, so whilst in shop picked up some Sultana Fingerellas - figured these would be better as smaller and having sultana's would be a 'fruit' component, for a little boy who is much anti-fruit I will do almost anything to sneak some into him.
Anyway as soon as I'd bought them, they were all I could think of and all I wanted to eat - typical.
I had lots of mind battles with myself - reminding myself of the outfit shopping a week Sunday, and ultimately the wedding, but then the sneaky 'just one won't hurt' mentality started slipping in. Much battling went on, and I had to stop myself from scoffing them whilst walking back to the car (hate the word scoffing, but that's how it would have looked), so anyway reasoned with myself that IF I was to have one then I would have to be reasonable and at least sit down with it once home so that I would actually taste it and enjoy it, rather than demolish in one mouthful and not even remember eating it let alone what it tasted like.
Finally got home, still battling with myself, did I really want one? But I did. I managed to put it off for a while longer, while feeding my little boy and giving him his, but after this I did sit down with a cup of tea and one myself. I did slowly eat it, and I did taste it, the problem being afterwards I did still want more, thankfully I managed to pause, look at the bigger situation, realise I had tasted it, and didn't 'need' anymore. I walked away from them, put them away and drank lots more water to fill me up and try to stop my thinking of them. After a while the craving did start to go, and today it's going further.

I think although I gave in to one, it could have been, and a year ago, would have been a whole different situation. I'm pleased I've learnt a few things, not just pausing after eating, but also managing to get home and eat when I would make the most of it, rather than scoffing and then forgetting about it.

Last night for dinner I had turkery with lemon/garlic, pepper, mushroom skewers with brown rice and sweetcorn - very nice, but def not as nice as the steak and stout casserole.

Thinking of having a lean bolognaise type thing tonight - will see.

Have been filling in my calendar today for December - I can't believe it I don't have one free weekend at all! In fact I have so much going on, it's going to be a whirlwind month!
4th December - Hair etc for Wedding
5th December - Wedding/overnight
11th December - Prep for Son's Bday party
12th December - Son's B'day Party
13th December - Friends little girls Party
14th December - Son's actual B'day - we are taking him to the theatre
17th December - Brothers B'day
18th December - Exam Results - Meal to celebrate/commiserate!
19th December - Friends over who we haven't seen for a while - dinner
22nd December - Going to see TAKE THAT - NEVER FORGET - Theatre :) can't wait!!
24th December - Traditional Xmas Eve Lunch with friends
25th December - Xmas Day
26th December - Boxing Day - Working then OH's parents
and so on...

This is when I agree that my body needs to get used to the carbs - I don't plan on being much away from 1000 on most of these days and have even spoken to my mum about having new potatoes on Xmas Day, but there are no doubt going to be a few days where it may not be exact, for now though - here's to November and to getting a few more lbs down xx

Last edited:
Wow... sounds like real progress hun and a great December ahead of you! Be proud, you've come a long way.

xxx

...just very quickly ladies - my laptop charger has broken - I will be on when I can get on next - when I can get a new charger - I only bought this in March so trying to get done under Warranty.

Back soon - stay on plan all xxx

Back