ProPoints Alex's 2013 food diary

Well I'm finally home! The wedding was amazing, the weather and my car less so. Every time we had a 2+ hour drive there was torrential rain and thanks to a temperamental car battery we spent over an hour waiting for it to behave on two occasions. Apparently no one carries jump leads these days! Me included.

But that aside I had a fantastic time. We stayed at the nicest hotel (complimentary port anyone?) and the wedding was so lovely. There were lots of tears!

I have eaten way too much but amazingly my scales currently say 11st4 and I really don't care. My MIL asked if I'd lost weight (she last saw me at new year) and I'm feeling very comfortable in my own skin. I'm going to make an effort this week but mostly because I do feel that I overdid it this weekend and my body actually needs to detox a bit. I can't handle this much sugar anymore (there was a cake buffet at the wedding, I didn't think about my diet once! I even finished a piece I took back to the room the next morning before a full english! But I also bought a wispa and found it far too sweet) and I think my next step is going to be looking at eating clean rather than a fixed plan like ww or sw.

I feel like I've come a long way this weekend without thinking about dieting at all.

Oh it sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend in more ways than one. Amazing news about the MIL compliment and the fact that you feel comfortable in your own skin. Here's to a positive healthy you! x

Oh it sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend in more ways than one. Amazing news about the MIL compliment and the fact that you feel comfortable in your own skin. Here's to a positive healthy you! x

Thanks hon. I didn't mean that post to be quite so long!

Right I have three and a half weeks til I go on holiday! I'm going to start going to the gym properly and sort out my eating. I know I can lose 6lb by then, I just hope it's not the 6 that I've probably put on this past weekend.

So for the next 24 days:
No alcohol
No sugar or processed food
No weigh ins
No weekly points

I'm going to be eating clean and trying to take control of some of the cooking. This evening I'll be making chickpea cakes (2pp) as snacks and otherwise I'm going to stick to pineapple and soup during the day. I've got some awesome sourdough bread at the moment but after that's gone I'm going to make my own rolls.

Wednesday:
B: branflakes and yogurt 6
L: soup 0 and sourdough bread 2
D:

8/26

Morning hun!

When you say no weekly points do you mean not using your weeklies? I only ask because if you're going to the gym it might be a good idea to eat them, remember you need to fuel your body to lose weight ;-)

I'm just sat in the departure lounge :D Mind you, when I come home you'll be packing ready to go! x

Morning hun!

When you say no weekly points do you mean not using your weeklies? I only ask because if you're going to the gym it might be a good idea to eat them, remember you need to fuel your body to lose weight ;-)

I'm just sat in the departure lounge :D Mind you, when I come home you'll be packing ready to go! x

I've always lost best when I haven't used my weeklies or activity points but I'll definitely consider that. I tend to eat a banana afterwards which isn't the best 0pp fruit but I'll make sure I listen to my body.

I'm going swimming today and probably do some cardio and a Pilates class tomorrow. I can't wait. It's going to be so nice to be doing some exercise again and I think I can fit most of it in during my lunchbreak.

Have a lovely holiday!! I'm so jealous but at least I'm off in three weeks and I have that extra time to lose!

Well swimming was unsuccessful. I got chucked out for an aqua class and I would have joined but I had to head back to work. It is definitely do-able in my lunchbreak though so I'll be going again! I just need to time it better...

I'm also getting a copy of Salt, Sugar, Fat (free thanks to my lovely friend in the editorial department) so hopefully that will keep me focussed and on track!

How's everyone doing? It's so so quiet on here at the moment. I'm guilty of not posting much too so I'm definitely going to make an effort from now on.

I'm still off the sugar and the alcohol and I'll be heading off to the pool at lunch today (and avoiding all the junk food my colleagues are bringing in) and I'm going to be cooking quite a bit over the next week or so. My mum's found some recipes that sound great but she'd rather I cook them so I'll be making thai lamb burgers and potato wedges and sea bass (not quite sure what I'm doing with that but it's on offer in Tesco)

Today's food:
B: branflakes, yogurt, banana 6
L: soup 0
D: baked salmon, jacket potato and veg 12
S: chickpea cake 2, real cake (boo!) 6

26/26

Last edited:
Food is looking lovely! I was doing so well and then I got ill :( on hol in a week so I doubt I'll be able to lose 7lbs by then! Oh well, summer is my goal. You're doing really well! x

Oh I'm not. It's just not coming off anymore! Don't worry about getting ill and falling off. At least you're better and you can get back on track now! I just had a peek at your diary. Food looks awesome! I'm so jealous of those Thornton's chocolates! I have managed to find sugar free/clean chocolate truffle recipes so I definitely need to try those out this weekend!

I'm off on holiday in three weeks so 7lb is actually possible. If only Easter wasn't coming up! But I am determined to stay strong, give away my chocolate eggs and be in the 10s for my holiday!

From looking at your photo a few weeks ago it doesn't look like you have a lot to lose! So i think it will come off slower. The Thornton's were a b'day gift from a friend, if chocs are in the house i'll eat them!!! Oooh sugar free truffles sound interesting, you'll have to let me know how those turn out and then maybe I can borrow the recipe off you!

Yes 7lbs is definitely doable by then. I'm OK with Easter now, I don't really seem to get Easter eggs anymore so there is no temptation lying around!

We'll get there :)

I've got a malteser bunny egg at home mmmmm! My intention is to eat the bunnies as I can syn them and give the egg to John :D

It's lovely and sunny on holo bobs btw! Just think of your bikini and you'll get those few lbs off in the next 3 weeks for sure

Enjoy your swimming x

From looking at your photo a few weeks ago it doesn't look like you have a lot to lose! So i think it will come off slower. The Thornton's were a b'day gift from a friend, if chocs are in the house i'll eat them!!! Oooh sugar free truffles sound interesting, you'll have to let me know how those turn out and then maybe I can borrow the recipe off you!

Yes 7lbs is definitely doable by then. I'm OK with Easter now, I don't really seem to get Easter eggs anymore so there is no temptation lying around!

We'll get there :)

My parents still hide chocolate eggs for my sister and I to find so there will definitely be chocolate around! I'll report back on the healthier chocolates though!

I don't have loads left to lose, I think I'd look weird at 9st anything but another stone off would be nice. It's most noticeable on my legs and thankfully those are hidden most of the time!

I've got a malteser bunny egg at home mmmmm! My intention is to eat the bunnies as I can syn them and give the egg to John :D

It's lovely and sunny on holo bobs btw! Just think of your bikini and you'll get those few lbs off in the next 3 weeks for sure

Enjoy your swimming x

I've just checked the forecast for Greece. Temperatures are into the 20s next week and hopefully the storms will have cleared up by then! There's a pool where we're staying so I'm going to try and do lengths every morning and we'll probably hire bikes too. Apparently Kos is really good for cycling.

Are you enjoying the break?

I'm so proud! I swam 50 lengths of the tiny gym pool so that's 1km and I did it in about half an hour. I never used to swim that fast, even when I was actually a good swimmer.

God I need to make more weekend plans to keep me out of trouble! I'm in bed reading so I don't eat the frozen yogurt downstairs!

Today is a bad day. I've already eaten a bag of mini eggs, I didn't make soup at the weekend so I have a point-heavy sandwich for lunch and I forgot my gym pass so I can't swim at lunchtime. I'm so irritated.

Instead, I'm going to go and buy myself some yummy fruit and a nice pair of sandals for my holiday and I'm going to walk home from the station tonight.

The eggs were 14pp so I just have to get another 9 activity points to cancel them out. Easy!

walking home tonight 2pp
swimming tomorrow lunchtime 5pp
yoga after work tomorrow 3pp

Today's food:
B: bran flakes, fruit and yogurt 6
L: chicken salad sandwich 8
D: chicken thigh and potato 9
S: eggs 14, chickpea cake 2

26/26 + 14

Back