ProPoints Alex's 2013 food diary

So three months into my new job and this crazy commute, I think I have worked out my problem! I tend to eat my breakfast well before 7am and then my dinner at about 8pm. In between, I try and survive on 0pp soup and maybe a yogurt and some fruit. I also tend not to drink anything first thing so by the time I get into London in the morning, I'm desperate for some water, which then leads to binges, often on my way to work!No wonder I'm failing!

From now on, I'm changing this. This morning, for maybe the first time, I put a bottle of water in my bag and made sure I drank some on my way in. Now, I just need to tackle the lunchtime problem. I try and keep all my points for the evening because I have so little control over what I eat then (my mum cooks for me because I get home about 7). I think instead I need to be cutting down on all snacks, maybe cutting the points I have at breakfast or pushing this back in the day, and adding to my lunches.

Sounds like a good plan! I always eat when i get into work, could you do that? I need to drink more water, I often hear that the brain confuses hunger with thirst!

I've been thinking about that. Maybe if I had a banana when I left the house and then cereal when I got to work? I'm just worried that I'll be starving on my way and then I'll just buy a muffin or something!

I keep a bottle (only .75l) on my desk and try to get through that twice a day. I used to be better so that's another thing to work on.

Just had a poke around the ww website for inspiration and ooooh it's made me so angry! Not everyone has time to cook something elaborate for their breakfast and lunch! Some of the recipes are crazy! Grrrr.

I have come up with something I think will fill me and taste great though! I'm off home tonight to make feta, squash and bulgar wheat salad, which comes to about 6pp.

So, here's tomorrow's food. I'm also putting my points back up. I've really struggled on 26pp and I think it's have an effect on my diet!

Breakfast: banana, toast , peanut butter 4
Lunch: salad 6, yogurt 2
Dinner:

12/27

God, I want some chocolate, even a hot chocolate would do! If I can resist and stick to the packet of Werther's (6pp, do not recommend!) on my desk, I can finish today within points! I'm now dreaming of a baked apple with berries when I get home!

Only to keep within my points! And yes, 6pp for a whole tube. I thought they'd distract me. What an idiot. :)

How about taking a banana and a pot of fruit salad with some fat free Greek yoghurt for the commute then have your main breakfast at work.

My commute isn't a really long one but it's about 40 minutes. I have a banana before I leave then grapefruit and a fruit salad when I get to work and a cereal bar about 10 when I get the munchies so until lunch time I have 2 points? Xxx

How about taking a banana and a pot of fruit salad with some fat free Greek yoghurt for the commute then have your main breakfast at work.

My commute isn't a really long one but it's about 40 minutes. I have a banana before I leave then grapefruit and a fruit salad when I get to work and a cereal bar about 10 when I get the munchies so until lunch time I have 2 points? Xxx

That's a great idea, thanks! I'll try in out next week. The way I eat now, I'm always looking for food to nibble on by 10, so I might try fruit salad. Do you buy the packaged ones or do you make your own? x

I make up a big tub of my own on a Sunday and take 2 portions a day to work and have one in the evenings (I love fruit) I have melon, tinned pineapple in juice (drained), tinned peaches on juice (drained), strawberries, blueberries, grapes and raspberries and kiwis - delicious :)

I also have a banana, plum, nectarine, orange and apple throughout the day!

I make up a big tub of my own on a Sunday and take 2 portions a day to work and have one in the evenings (I love fruit) I have melon, tinned pineapple in juice (drained), tinned peaches on juice (drained), strawberries, blueberries, grapes and raspberries and kiwis - delicious :)

I also have a banana, plum, nectarine, orange and apple throughout the day!

Wow! I obviously need more fruit in my life! Fab, I'll definitely be trying this! :)

Morning everyone!
I had a slight meltdown last night, binged on a yogurt and a malteaster bunny. Extreme I know! ;) but I'm feeling more on track today, and it was only two days of bad eating really.

B: pb on toast 4
L: couscous, feta and roast veg 8
D: carbonara 12, Ben and Jerrys! 5
S: pineapple and banana 0, drinks tonight 2x jd and diet coke 4

27/27
Weeklies used: 6

I've got 11pp left for dinner, I'm probably having dinner at a friend's house but I'm going to try and grab something healthy for us to eat on my way there.

Last edited:
It might be the amount I ate last night but I have absolutely no desire to eat today. I'm also wired, I've got so much done and I am just batting down the literary agents. No, we won't agree to that! Coffee is obviously the answer!!

enjoyed reading you diary so i've subscribed! Youve done well to loose so muchso far! :)

Back