ProPoints Alex's 2013 food diary

I have a wine rack in my fridge that holds 5 bottles and that's empty (always) haha
Only time it saw any action was at Christmas (because the shops are closed so I had to stock up). I've not actually had a bottle of wine since new year I don't think! I've been having vodka (p**s head) x

I'm just going to whisper this. I'm in to my second 24 hours on track. I haven't even had any weeklies!

It's so quiet on here at the moment! Where are you all?!

I had a small wine and biscuit binge last night but all within my points! And well deserved after an hour at the gym. I mostly did weights as I've heard this is good for weight loss and metabolism and to be honest, I couldn't be bothered with cardio. I've lost all my fitness in the last month or so.

The scales this morning are showing a 6lb loss so I'm excited to weigh properly on Friday.

What is wrong with me!?! I went for work drinks intending to just have a few slimline g&ts. I'm finally leaving having drunk most of a bottle of wine, eaten a few chips and with some food from sainsbury on my way home. Argh!

I jumped back on the wagon this morning as in 6 weeks time I will be in the sun so I HAVE to shift some poundage!!

I've stopped the wagon to let you jump on, are you ready ;-) x

I'm back on!! I promise! I've just booked a holiday to Kos in April so I've got 9 weeks to get in shape!

I think we're off on the 13th. Can't wait! I've never been to Greece and from Kos you can nip across to Bodrum in Turkey for the day. Should be great!

But sticking at this is now essential. No more messing about, no more excuses. I'm going to start going for a power walk in my lunchbreak and do shred at home when I can, plus hit the gym for weights at least twice a week. And I have to start tracking better.

I had a bad week but my scales are showing 11st3. That's what I was when I left England 18 months ago! Now the 10s are finally in sight which is such an incentive! I can definitely drop the last stone in time for my holiday, I just need to be good.

I'm having Indian tonight with some friends but I'm going to get something from the tandoor and a chapati or something. I went to this place a few weeks again so I've got no great desire to eat everything on the menu!

I get back on the 4th. Honestly think I will actually eat and drink so much better as John won't be with me. You never know this night be the first holiday I go on where I actually lose weight! I'm full of good intentions any way ;-)

I think you have 9 weeks on Saturday... You can defo get to the low 10's xx

I am too but we'll see what happens! I've had a pretty bad weekend and just made a cheese sandwich for lunch so I can't even say I'm back on track. I'm not sure what's wrong with me this year, I just can't get my head in gear.

I think my snacking's in hand now but I'm seriously thinking about doing the 5:2 diet or slimfast for a few weeks just to sort myself out and kickstart this thing again.

Morning hun

What's the 5:2 diet?

I tried slim fast in the summer and I didn't last anymore than two full days at a time, I was always hungry. I bought loads of tubs of the stuff too!

Today is a new day and a new week. I think the only thing that has got me back on track is my hols but it could be a case of too little too late x

5:2 is the fasting diet, there was a horizons show on it last year but I haven't seen it yet. Basically you have 500 cal two days a week and the rest eat normally/sensibly. A work friend of mine's been doing it and I saw her last week for the first time since I've been home and she looks amazing! I think her department has published a book on it so I might email her today and see if she can send me a copy through the internal post!

I'm sure it's not too late for your holiday! Hopefully the fact that its so close will give you the extra boost! I'm tempted to wait for lent now and cut out loads of stuff. I'm sure I can manage 40 days of healthy eating. I've barely had one this year.

Just listen to me?! I really need to stop faffing about with other diet ideas and stick to ww. I know it works so I'm not sure what the issue is!

There's nothing I can do about lunch today so I'm going to be good and start pointing properly from 5pm. I've got 9 weeks, 18lb off is perfectly possible.

Back