ProPoints Alex's 2013 food diary

Well done on a 100% day :) wish I could have said the same! Ooo a hen do, I'm sure that will be worth saving your weeklies for! Make sure you enjoy it. Have a great day today! X

I'm quite proud of it! It's the first in a long long time.

The hen do is for my boyfriend's best friend's fiancee. We get on ok but I don't really know who else is going and she's decided to have it in London (they live in Yorkshire) and she's made such touristy choices which I'm finding hard. A night out in an overpriced bar round Piccadilly with all the tourists, Essex girls (no offence anyone!) and Russians (who just buy bottles and bottles of vodka) is not really my idea of fun. But it's her night so obviously I'm going to suck it up and smile.

Food today:
B: muesli, yogurt and tinned peaches 7
L: roast veg, mozzarella and couscous 6
D: reggae reggae chicken with rice 12

25/26

The only hen do I have ever been on is my own! I did have an invite to go to one in March however I am on holiday! I'd love to go on one that involves a long weekend in the sun somewhere. My best friend doesn't want to get married so that's hers out of the window straight away!!

Well done for saving your pp for the weekend, you will be glad you did once the weekend is here. I dont know about you the nights I really, really look forward to to dont always live up to my expectations and the ones I'm not bothered about and not really looking forward to end up being the better nights out! x

I've already dropped out a half marathon (bye bye £50) for their wedding because they're the same weekend!

This is my first and tbh I can't see me going to many more. I'm really not that interested in getting married and most of my friends are the same. It just seems like an obscene amount of money to spend these days, especially when most of us are struggling to find jobs and those that have them are then saving for a house deposit.

I've already dropped out a half marathon (bye bye £50) for their wedding because they're the same weekend!

This is my first and tbh I can't see me going to many more. I'm really not that interested in getting married and most of my friends are the same. It just seems like an obscene amount of money to spend these days, especially when most of us are struggling to find jobs and those that have them are then saving for a house deposit.

Can totally see where you are coming from... I tired to do ours as cheaply as possible by organising and arranging stuff myself but it still cost an awful lot of money, and you are right, it would have been a deposit on a house. That said, I absolutely loved every single minute of it and it was the happiest day on my life but it's defo not for everyone.

Between my best friend and her partner they have 7 failed marriages between their parents so they just dont see the point in it. They have just had the equivalent of what would have been their honeymoon as they went to the Maldives for two weeks on holiday! x

Can totally see where you are coming from... I tired to do ours as cheaply as possible by organising and arranging stuff myself but it still cost an awful lot of money, and you are right, it would have been a deposit on a house. That said, I absolutely loved every single minute of it and it was the happiest day on my life but it's defo not for everyone.

Between my best friend and her partner they have 7 failed marriages between their parents so they just dont see the point in it. They have just had the equivalent of what would have been their honeymoon as they went to the Maldives for two weeks on holiday! x

I think if I ever did get married it would be very homemade. My cousin got married last year and they did most of it themselves (although they could definitely have gone the other way and spent a fortune - my uncle's a city banker) and it was amazing, just really lovely and personal to them. I'm really interested to see what this one's like!

What date is their wedding?

Your cousins wedding sounds lovely, and you are right, it could have sooooo have been the other way! x

It's about a month away. I can definitely be in the 10s by then!

I've just started to panic a bit about Saturday so I looked up the place I think we're going and they have a pretheatre menu, do these propoints sound about right?

Poppadom 4
Chutney 2
Chappati 5
Salad 0
Rice 12
Aloo Ghobi 6
Bhindi Bhajee 6 (veggie curry with okra - I can't find this anywhere, but it must be similar to the other veggie curries, you get two and they don't look too huge in the photo)

That's 35pp. My first reaction was OMG!!! THAT'S LOADS!!! But, I can have 0pp soup for lunch, yogurt and fruit for breakfast (2pp) and then that's really just 11 weeklies plus my drinks that night.

So it turns out food is the least of my worries. I just found out where we're staying. And it's apparently infested with mice. What do I doooooo?! They're possibly my biggest fear, second only to rats.

So it turns out food is the least of my worries. I just found out where we're staying. And it's apparently infested with mice. What do I doooooo?! They're possibly my biggest fear, second only to rats.

I think you are going to be very poorly this weekend and you won't be able to go ;-) x

I've already forked out £70 for this. I honestly don't think I can back out. My best friend who isn't going found it absolutely hilarious.

Haha! I think my knight in shining armour is making an appearance! I mentioned it to my boyfriend, best friends with the groom and the boys are apparently worried and sorting it out! Fingers crossed...

Food today:

B: bran flakes, yogurt and banana 6
L: chicken salad 3
D: beef and tomato stew and mash 9, frozen yogurt 3
S: snackajacks 3, mocha 2

26/26

I accidentally used some points on wine and froyo last night, but even after my Indian I should have a spare 22 weeklies! Obviously these will be going on alcohol on Saturday/hangover food on Sunday. This is suddenly seeming very do-able though!

Haha, it was ok. No mice spotted, just woken up by the tube outside the window. I'm exhausted!

But I did have a great night and I've most likely used ALL my weeklies.

So today:
B: Pret porridge 6
L: if I stay in town Nero tomato soup 3
D: probably roast?

Last edited:
Back