Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

OK - here goes...
As you've probably guessed from FB, it's all to do with M.
For the past week or so, things have seemed really different beteen us, he'd not been replying to texts and he was MUCH less flirtatious when he did actually text.
As you know, I'd been driving myself round the bend with it, trying to convince myself that he was just busy with work...but nothing was adding up. So last night, I finally cracked and sent a text asking if his feelings towards me had changed, or if he was having second thoughts about us giving it a go. He replied more or less straight away saying that he would go online and talk to me on MSN, which he did and this was the general gist of it:
- he thought he could put what happened behind him (i.e me getting cold feet after the first date and calling it off) but he can't at the moment.
- I made it worse by continuing to bring it up, even after we'd decided to give it another go, albeit in a jokey way (i.e saying that the cancelled date last weekend was karma for my behaviour the other week)...I'm kicking myself for that, but I suppose I was just fishing for reassurances that it was really forgotten/forgiven.
- he thought he could just plough on with his work and 'get over it' but he couldn't.
- he was so busy with work that he couldn't see us finding time to see each other anyway.

So that's that. I know it all seems a bit over top, considering that we only ever went on one actual date! But you wouldn't believe how close we became in the couple of months that we've known each other :( And like I said before, I've been feeling the past echoing round me for the the last week or so, so it's all been a bit upsetting and uncomfortable really.

It really does sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, and I suppose it seems a little teenager-ish really, but I'm beginning to wonder whether I am a complete disaster when it comes to relationships!
Back to square one hey? Maybe I'm better off single for the time being? At least I'm not constantly trying to second-guess anybody.

xx

oh hun, dont ever think what you are feeling is over the top!
you need to feel things. the ups and the downs...

i do hope that you are ok. and im always here if you want to chat

chin up hun xx

Of course it's not over the top. Life and relationships are never easy, and don't make the mistake of thinking it gets any easier once you get married or have a steady man! Chin up, he's out there somewhere, just a matter of finding him...

KB x

Thank you so much you two....I feel slightly calmer now that I know where I stand. Just sad that it wasn't meant to be, and hurt that he let it drag on so long. I don't know what the future will bring, but for now I just need to get back to normal routines, and to get my head around the fact that I won't be spending my free evenings chatting to him (or driving myself round the bend, like I have done for the past week).
It might sound daft, but I do miss him :( And it's not just that, it's letting go of all the potential that a brand new relationship holds...ah well, I will bounce back!

So today was weigh in day, and I lost a grand total of 1.75lbs. Not brilliant, but not bad either (especially considering the drinking/curry episode on Saturday)...
It does mean that I'm still a frustrating half a pound away from my pre-London weight, but hopefully that should be gone by next Wednesday.

I am also attempting to only weigh-myself twice a week for a little while, so we'll have to see how that goes :eek:

Hope you're all well, and thanks again for your support xx

Hello hun!

Glad you are feeling a bit better about the situation! Its not nice when things like this happen but im a great believer in things happen for a reason!

Well done on the 1.75lbs! Thats fab esp with your curry ! Wooop Id be happy with that on friday but I dont think im gunna get it hehehe!

Hope you are well hunny

xxxxxxx

Thanks Kae...yeah, I'm doing OK at the moment, except for when I start re-reading old text messages and thinking too much about it (which I'm trying to stop myself from doing!). I think a good weekend and a visit from Mr V will definitely be a step in the right direction :D

So I suppose I should get back to the food. This week's been alright actually, although I've been RAVENOUS for the past couple of days! This is yesterday's diary:

B - Porridge/museli/raisins (250)
S - Cherries/strawberries/grapes
L - Sainsbury's chicken and mushroom risotto (306cal)
D - Ham and mushroom tagliatelli (399) extra mushrooms, peppers and leeks
S - WW toffee honeycomb desert (122)

I also did a slight bit of fridge-grazing - about 4 mouthfulls of leftover pasta and a few more grapes or cherries (I think it was cherries)

I know it looks like a pretty good day, but I'm not really sure how many calories I ate in all the fruit I had. I think I need to look up the calories and measure a portion so I can keep a better track of things. I don't want to stop eating the fruit, but it helps me to know roughtly where I'm at, so I don't go over my calories later in the day without even realising.

Oh, and I actually went on my exercise bike last night for the first time in probably about two months. I only did half an hour, but managed to balance my laptop on the handlebars, which kept me happy :) I'm sooooo saddle sore today though!

Hope you're all well...
xx

Thanks Kae...yeah, I'm doing OK at the moment, except for when I start re-reading old text messages and thinking too much about it (which I'm trying to stop myself from doing!). I think a good weekend and a visit from Mr V will definitely be a step in the right direction :D

So I suppose I should get back to the food. This week's been alright actually, although I've been RAVENOUS for the past couple of days! This is yesterday's diary:

B - Porridge/museli/raisins (250)
L - Sainsbury's chicken and mushroom risotto (306cal)
D - Ham and mushroom tagliatelli (399) extra mushrooms, peppers and leeks
S - WW toffee honeycomb desert (122)

I also did a slight bit of fridge-grazing - about 4 mouthfulls of leftover pasta and a few more grapes or cherries (I think it was cherries)

I know it looks like a pretty good day, but I'm not really sure how many calories I ate in all the fruit I had. I think I need to look up the calories and measure a portion so I can keep a better track of things. I don't want to stop eating the fruit, but it helps me to know roughtly where I'm at, so I don't go over my calories later in the day without even realising.

Oh, and I actually went on my exercise bike last night for the first time in probably about two months. I only did half an hour, but managed to balance my laptop on the handlebars, which kept me happy :) I'm sooooo saddle sore today though!

Hope you're all well...
xx
:8855::8855: Ive almost spat my juice on the lappy when i read the bit about the bike and the lappy! heheh Girl after my own heart!

I know you say you grazed on fruit/pasta but I think yest was a pretty good day! There are alot worse things you could have snacked on! So well done! And also a huge well done for gettin on yet bike! woooop! Im *thinking* of getting my sit up machine out"! lol

Hope you have a fab weekend and say hiya to Mr V for me! Dont think i'll be seeing him this weekend:mad::mad: look after him!

lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alex my phone has a delete button....
Sounds like it's going well with the food, well done and keep it up!! Talk to you in a week or so!

KB x

Knock knock knock! Anybody hooooome?

Just cos the :dragon: is away doesnt mean you can get slack now dear :p

xxxxxxxxxxx

:8855::8855::8855:

If I'm honest, I've been avoiding my diary a bit recently...partly because I've been so busy, and partly because I'm sick of hearing myself moan!
The food side of things has been pretty good, it's just everything else that seems such a mess.
At work I'm trying to train two people at once to do my job (although they're at different stages of training so I can't train them together), and I just don't have a minute to myself. Even though I'm busy, I'm just counting the hours down so I can have some peace and quiet and time to myself.
And when I do eventually get home, I spend the next few hours feeling so unhappy that I end up thinking I was probably better off at work, because at least I didn't have any time to think...

So that's me! I bet people are sick of hearing me winge on at the moment :sigh:

So in an attempt to get some normality back, I'll post today's food diary:

B - Porridge/museli/raisins
S - Little tub of cherries and grapes
L - Sainsbury's pasta bolognese bake (306cal - v nice :))
S - Nothing
D - ASDA piri piri chicken & rice (405cal) with extra leeks, mushrooms, onions and roasted peppers
S - Meringue nest (50) rasberry ripple ice cream (about 70) 4 strawberries

And that's it.

Weigh in day tomorrow, wish me luck!
xxxxx

Ahhh hun! Your diary is yours to what ever you wish with! I am so sorry you are having a cr@ppy time of it at the mo! Major well done for sticking to plan! Im hopeless when I am faced with difficult times so I take my hat of to you!

Just keep at it hun things have got to get better sooner or later! Im always here for a chat if you need me for anything!

Good luck for tomoz hun!

Lotsa love

xxxxxxxxxxx

Aww, thanks both of you...I hope things do start to feel better soon, I just feel so crap at the moment. I know things happen for a reason, but I wish there was a fast-forward button on life sometimes, so I could zip through this crap phase to a better time...

So anyway, back to the weight loss.
I've just weighed myself and I've lost 3.5lbs :D That means the excess 'London' weight has gone and I'm finally back into the 15s...but more importantly, I've now lost 3 stone in total :party0049:

Ah well, better get on. I'm just taking advantage of the quiet first hour at work before everybody else arrives and the madness begins :(

xx

It's a diary - you can moan all you want love! Better than keeping it bottled up.

Well done on the 3st lost!! :)

Wow well done Hun that's amazing! Woooop! I am sooo hapy for u! 3 stone is amazing!

Keep it up Hun

xxxxxx

Thanks you two :heartpump:

Things are pretty much the same here...in one way I'm really glad the weekend is here, but in another way I'm really dreading it, because I haven't got much planned, and it seems that these are the times when I find myself moping and bawling :eek: I don't know what's up with me lately, because I usually crave time on my own!!

Anyway, food wise - it's all still pretty good, but I'll post some of my diary a bit later on as I'm just about to close up the office for the weekend :D

Happy Friday everybody!!
xxxx

Right, here's what I can remember of my food diary for the past couple of days!

Thursday:
S - Alpen Light bar
L - Beans on toast
S - Alpen Light bar, snack box of raisins
D - Sainsbury's low-fat spag bol, extra mushrooms, leeks, peppers
S - WW chocolate brownie ice cream

Friday:
S - Grapes (100g)
L - WW tomato soup, WW bagel, Philly extra light
S - Alpen Light bar
S - Meringue nest, handful of grapes
D - Farmfoods chilli beef & black bean noodles, Sainsbury's stir fry veg
S - ??? not sure yet

Been invited to my friend's tonight, but I'm not sure what to do....they're having a Chinese, and alcohol will probably be involved....not sure if I trust my willpower at the moment, but I really don't want to b*gger up either!

Ahhh go and let your hair down missy! It sounds like you could do with a pick me up! Just take vodka and dialute it well with sf pop! You could have a portion of chicken chow mein thats quite healthy

sending lots of love and hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I did go last night, and I stuck to vodka with lime and soda so that was OK. Unfortunateky, everybody changed their minds and decided that they wanted an Indian rather than a Chinese, and I ended up having a little bit of everything....lamb bhuna, rogan josh, saag aloo, mushroom pilau rice, naan bread, poddadom....
NOT GOOD! Especially as I'd already had my tea :cry:

And I'm supposed to be going to a BBQ this afternoon if the weather holds up, so that'll be another test of my very weak willpower. At least I've got some Magners Light that I can take with me, but I'll have to just try not to eat everything in sight!

xxx

Back