Total Solution All or nothing

McDonalds was fine, ASDA feeling hungry was difficult but managed it, had a busy afternoon and it was about 8pm by the time I had my last food pack - the sausage mix (which is so yummy). Although I was so hungry I ended up having an egg with it, so 100% TS gone! Although I don't feel bad as I've learnt that it's about control, the other day I didn't feel in control, before just adding an egg I still felt in control over what I was eating and now I don't want anything else.

Today I've also thought a lot about how far I've come over the past 12 months, I suppose I've been a bit reflective and feel like I need to document it so excuse my rambling!
12 months ago I was about 36 weeks pregnant, was constantly being admitted to hospital with suspected preeclampsia, my hands, feet and legs were so swollen and I could barely walk with pelvic problems. But 4 weeks later after having my daughter I wasn't kind to myself after what I'd been through I was harsh on myself because I was pretty much at the heaviest I'd ever been and although was happy with my baby and little boy I hated my body.
February of this year I felt at my lowest, we went to a wedding, I got all dressed up but felt so self conscious, barely moved from my seat all night and felt like people were staring at me. Joined a gym not long after and again felt like everyone was looking at me again.
So it was time to sort myself out, went to the Drs and got slimming tablets, joined slimming world, had CBT, husband got me some personal training sessions and after all that I only lost about 16lb and gave up. I loved the PT sessions but they were too expensive to keep up. CBT was good but she wanted me to concentrate on eating habits and not weight loss and I didn't want to do that.
So that's my 12 months, I've beaten myself up so much about my weight, I've not given myself a break and most of the time I've felt like I'm getting nowhere. But the past month on here doing this I've felt in control and for the first time like I can do it and get to where I want to be weight wise and when I'm there make the changes to my life keep it off.

Sorry for going on a bit...

McDonalds was fine, ASDA feeling hungry was difficult but managed it, had a busy afternoon and it was about 8pm by the time I had my last food pack - the sausage mix (which is so yummy). Although I was so hungry I ended up having an egg with it, so 100% TS gone! Although I don't feel bad as I've learnt that it's about control, the other day I didn't feel in control, before just adding an egg I still felt in control over what I was eating and now I don't want anything else.

Sometimes you just know your body. You probably needed it and it's pretty negligible... Your attitude is spot on of course you are in control - since when is adding 1 egg to food a sign of being out of control hehe? Good for you xx

Today I've also thought a lot about how far I've come over the past 12 months, I suppose I've been a bit reflective and feel like I need to document it so excuse my rambling! 12 months ago I was about 36 weeks pregnant, was constantly being admitted to hospital with suspected preeclampsia, my hands, feet and legs were so swollen and I could barely walk with pelvic problems. But 4 weeks later after having my daughter I wasn't kind to myself after what I'd been through I was harsh on myself because I was pretty much at the heaviest I'd ever been and although was happy with my baby and little boy I hated my body. February of this year I felt at my lowest, we went to a wedding, I got all dressed up but felt so self conscious, barely moved from my seat all night and felt like people were staring at me. Joined a gym not long after and again felt like everyone was looking at me again. So it was time to sort myself out, went to the Drs and got slimming tablets, joined slimming world, had CBT, husband got me some personal training sessions and after all that I only lost about 16lb and gave up. I loved the PT sessions but they were too expensive to keep up. CBT was good but she wanted me to concentrate on eating habits and not weight loss and I didn't want to do that. So that's my 12 months, I've beaten myself up so much about my weight, I've not given myself a break and most of the time I've felt like I'm getting nowhere. But the past month on here doing this I've felt in control and for the first time like I can do it and get to where I want to be weight wise and when I'm there make the changes to my life keep it off. Sorry for going on a bit...

That's quite a tough 12 months. And it sounds like reflecting on them has taught you to appreciate how good it feels to be in control but also to be kinder to yourself in your self talk. We really can be our own saboteurs.

Very much relate to the self criticism - but I honestly believe that if I had been more content with myself back in April, I wouldn't have piled the weight on - I start thinking well I've messed up my body anyway what's the point... And keep saying I'll start the VLCD tomorrow... Either way it's self destructive and won't it be lovely if we can lose the weight but also lose that nasty self critical voice within too?!

Another difficult trip to ASDA, kept thinking about what I used to buy on a Saturday night and I'm having lots of food thoughts this evening - I feel hungry too :(

Stay strong poppy! I know it's difficult but you can do it and it'll be so worth it in the end when you're happy with your loss :)

That's good that you chose something that shouldn't affect your weight loss. Have you tried bouillon before? I find that having the savoury flavour helps calm my cravings x

Well done on your food choices, you chose really well considering all the things you could have had - hope the rest of the evening goes well for you x

That's ok could have been a lot worse. Was it just a bit you had?

Remember November!!

Im trying, tonight's a tough one, just wanna go to bed so today's over.

Totally know how you feel.

2 of my friends came over and surprised me. Great distraction. I fed them and managed to not eat.... They didn't ask why but probably knew I was dieting

Hey poppy, your story is a lot like my own. I just had a little boy very recently. He's my fourth. I was crippled with pelvic, hip and back problems. So much so that I was in a wheelchair and booked for induction at 37 weeks but ended up going myself after a sweep. I hated my body all of pregnancy and couldn't wait to get back on TS. So I know exactly how you feel.
an egg is just fine to have, it's perfectly ketogenic and won't hurt. You're doing really really brilliantly xxx

Hey poppy, your story is a lot like my own. I just had a little boy very recently. He's my fourth. I was crippled with pelvic, hip and back problems. So much so that I was in a wheelchair and booked for induction at 37 weeks but ended up going myself after a sweep. I hated my body all of pregnancy and couldn't wait to get back on TS. So I know exactly how you feel.
an egg is just fine to have, it's perfectly ketogenic and won't hurt. You're doing really really brilliantly xxx

argh that pelvic pain was so difficult to deal with, it still hurt 6 months after. Going to the forest tomorrow on a Gruffalo hunt and I'm going to carry her in the baby bjorn and I'm actually so excited to give it a go and I know it's losing the weight that's made me think I can do it.

Just been on modelmydiet for a bit of inspiration, it's such a good site, it's great seeing where I've come from and where I'm going.

I'm gonna take a look

Just been on modelmydiet for a bit of inspiration, it's such a good site, it's great seeing where I've come from and where I'm going.

Just took a peek & what a brilliant site. Gives you something to look forward too :).

How's today going Poppy x

Back