Total Solution All or nothing

image.jpg

My thought for the night.

We all have situations that arise or times we just can't stick to plan for whatever reason. The main thing is to do what you are doing and get straight back to it. Plan around events but instead of having a blow out just plan for it. If we keep going like that then we are sure to learn better habits, less beating ourselves up and be slim to boot!

I am off to London in Dec. I'm terrified of coming off plan as it's always been a blow out on previous occasions and that's one reason why my weight has just soared.

You can do it! Just keep going.

It's exactly as your diary title says: all or nothing. I am exactly the same. We have to break that way of thinking. You thought oh I'll have to eat off plan on the weekend so I may as well start now? That's not going to help us maintain is it? It's not going to be easy to address this mindset, but it's admirable that you are determined to feel better again. Xxx

nope it's not. If I carry on like this I'll be back where I started and that's what this has highlighted, and that's not going to happen. I don't want to be all or nothing anymore,I want to do this to lose my weight and learn to find the middle ground.

We all have situations that arise or times we just can't stick to plan for whatever reason. The main thing is to do what you are doing and get straight back to it. Plan around events but instead of having a blow out just plan for it. If we keep going like that then we are sure to learn better habits, less beating ourselves up and be slim to boot!

I am off to London in Dec. I'm terrified of coming off plan as it's always been a blow out on previous occasions and that's one reason why my weight has just soared.

You can do it! Just keep going.

Thanks. These situations are good to learn from. It's good to have a day off and a treat every now and again but not a blow out like I've done. Back on plan where I can over the next few days and being mindful of what I'm eating when i can't be on plan, normal service resumes Monday.

Although I am going to eat when we go to the zoo and on my daughters birthday as I hate it when my son picks up on the fact I'm not eating and asks about it, I brush it off but feel bad and worry about what he must be thinking.

One thing I definitely don't want is my son picking up bad habits from me and I def never want him to ever have to diet. I completely understand where you're coming from. I went to a zoo recently. I had no problem at all avoiding the food there (yuk and expensive) and I hadn't even started Exante yet! Have you thought about packing a picnic? You can have cheese, chicken and other proteins and still be on plan. Have a great day. Happy birthday wishes for your daughter too.

nope it's not. If I carry on like this I'll be back where I started and that's what this has highlighted, and that's not going to happen. I don't want to be all or nothing anymore,I want to do this to lose my weight and learn to find the middle ground.

You definitely can. The main this is you and I alike have identified the flaws in our previous thinking patterns and behaviours.

Just as you said, you've loads to be proud of, in sure far more if I knew you more than beyond what you post here. It's great to highlight those things to ourselves x

Its so difficult to get free of old eating habits isn't it Poppy. Getting back on track as soon as possible is so important or else we end up on the same old roundabout. You will get there as your posts show that you are determined to do so.

Keep posting & hope today is going to plan x

Hiya Poppy, hope you've managed to stay on track xx

Hi,

well ive had a couple of days off, not eaten great but not thought about dieting or been harsh on myself, not overly thought about what I was eating to be honest and it's been nice.
ive had my daughters birthday and a trip to the zoo so it's been a busy few days, but it's been lovely, I think i may have eaten my body weight in cake yesterday!
I weighed in this morning and I reckon I've put on about 5lb, taking me up to 14st 9lb, which isn't great and I feel a bit sluggish and bloated. I'm back on track from this morning and happy to be be on track, hoping to get back to 14st 4lb for next week and then the aim for Christmas is to be between 14-18lb lighter and to see the 12s.

Right now to deal with an over tired baby and I'll catch up on diaries later.

Don't worry hun! I think there are s few of us getting back on the wagon today :)

Main thing is u enjoyed yourself and now u can just draw a line under it and get back on tract where u left off!

Have a good day x

Glad you had fun poppy. You'll be back on track in no time. Any gain will be mostly water weight. Good luck with your Over tired baby. Mines asleep on the couch After crying the house down at play group !

Thanks everyone. Well yesterday was ok, 100% apart from some cheese, had 2 shakes and a bar, didn't have my first shake until midday which I find helps. I have to admit there were times I was hungry and wanted food but it passed. Can't wait to get into ketosis again as I have a horrid headache.
Going to have to count my food packs today, I have quite a few I got on offer a while ago but I tend to stick to the same stuff ns I think I'm getting ow in choc shakes and bars, so looks like I'm gong to have to start having other flavour shakes instead.

Glad yesterday was manageable Poppy. The pre ketosis headaches are horrid but those lbs will soon start to disappear. X

So far I've had pancakes with some scrambled eggs, a choc bar for lunch and also had protein bites and some cheese, and that's as well as coke zero - it could be worse but there are far too many extras there! A shake for later and that's it for the day then!

At least they are sensible choices poppy! That's the main thing - you are doing well with that!

I hope you have a good afternoon :)

You'll be into the swing of it in no time poppy. Watch the Lbs melt away.

Back