Total Solution All or nothing

That's a great loss Poppy so be happy :D.

Try not to think about how long you have till holiday cos you don't want to put yourself under added pressure which is exactly what I do every time before going away.

Get someone to hide that chocolate lol !! x

Amazing loss poppy!!! Hope you feel better soon! I had some chocolate during my semi-off plan week, dark choc is a lot less carbs in it so I've added that to my low carb real food days :) x

How's today gone Poppy? Hope you're feeling good?

Just a quick post. I'm struggling, I'm finding difficult to resist food and cave in so easily. It frustrates me so much, I think of how well it did and how far I got and i ruined it. I know I can do this, I have done it and I will do it again. I've decided to just do shakes for the next few days to try and keep my mind off actual food . I'm really not feeling good about myself at the min and need to try and change that as much as I can before I go away, losing the pounds but also trying to be happier with myself and my body.

off to bed, hoping things will look better in the morning.

The right Head space is the difficult bit to achieve in this Poppy. Just do a mental reset and forget where you were and would have been if.... And just look forward and feel positive that you're making the steps to feeling better. Shakes only certainly get me into the swing the quickest, I hope it works for you too. Don't pressure yourself too much about what you want to achieve by the time you go away. Just take each day as it comes.

You are amazing and you can do this, look at how many times you've kept me on track. Have you got another lovely dress or item of clothing to look forward too? That can sometimes work better than scales only.

Sending you strength :vibes:

Aww Poppy. I feel for ya. I've been the same recently. Decided I need to create my happiness along side my weightloss as I can't just rely on the skinny bod to make me happy. Went for a 4 mile walk today and a mooch round the shops. Felt much better than yesterday just for getting out the house, usually it's only work i'll leave for unless I have a night out planned :) I made a list today too of positive things I wanted to achieve, ticking them off has cheered me up too! Just telling you in case it works for you as well :) xx

Just a quick post. I'm struggling, I'm finding difficult to resist food and cave in so easily.

It takes strength to write something like that.
You were feeling fragile, and instead of feeding the vulnerability (literally!) - you posted on here, acknowledged it, and set about going to bed.
The way I see it, doing that is like facing the demon instead of just giving up, it's you saying
"I know you're there, and I know you're a threat, but screw you, I'm not playing your game, these are my rules, and I'll deal with this on my own terms."
You're doing better than you realise. :)

Aww thank you lovely ladies, it's great having support on here.

I've slipped into old habits recently I guess, I'm uncomfortable in my clothes again and in my skin too I guess. That's lead to other things like not making an effort hair and make up wise, staying in more, sitting aimlessly in front of the TV in the evenings, stuff like that. I think it's time to make some changes.
I've got to nip to the shops later, so there's a bit of exercise and sunshine, I'm going to have a bath and a pamper tonight I think and I'm also going to have a look at my camera book in hope I can pick up some tips for properly using my camera on holiday.
Tommorow my son is swimming in the morning, and then I've got the kids on my own all day again! The kids have been difficult recently which hasn't helped, my son plays up awfully at times and my daughter hasn't been herself recently, she's been crying a lot and quite naughty, teething or a bug I think.

iam going to try and forget what I've already done and start fresh. I have a few aims: for my clothes to be comfortable, to fit in some of the smaller stuff I have for my hols and generally to lose what I can and feel better about myself before I go away.

I was looking at old pictures the other night and I realised generally in the last 10 years I've been between 13 stone and at my heaviest 17st 4lb. A lot of my of holiday pictures I'm between 13-15 stone and still looking happy and confident in a bikini. It's not just about weight loss it's also about getting some body confidence back.

Time to get thinking when I get back from my hold, I want to go back to the gym again, or start some kind of exercise. And I want a longer term plan of how I'm going to make this work.

Sorry for my ramblings! Right I'm off to have my breakfast, a chocolate shake with lots of ice and a straw, I can pretend it's a nice iced Starbucks drink :)

have a a great day.

The right Head space is the difficult bit to achieve in this Poppy. Just do a mental reset and forget where you were and would have been if.... And just look forward and feel positive that you're making the steps to feeling better. Shakes only certainly get me into the swing the quickest, I hope it works for you too. Don't pressure yourself too much about what you want to achieve by the time you go away. Just take each day as it comes.

You are amazing and you can do this, look at how many times you've kept me on track. Have you got another lovely dress or item of clothing to look forward too? That can sometimes work better than scales only.

Sending you strength :vibes:

Thanks Angel. Having the support really helps. It's so difficult getting into the right mindset and I think shakes will definately help with that. My aim is to feel comfortable in my clothes again as they feel tight, although I have some lovely holiday clothes to aim for too.

Aww Poppy. I feel for ya. I've been the same recently. Decided I need to create my happiness along side my weightloss as I can't just rely on the skinny bod to make me happy. Went for a 4 mile walk today and a mooch round the shops. Felt much better than yesterday just for getting out the house, usually it's only work i'll leave for unless I have a night out planned :) I made a list today too of positive things I wanted to achieve, ticking them off has cheered me up too! Just telling you in case it works for you as well :) xx

Thanks Queen B. I completely agree, I've fallen into bad habits which aren't helping me feel any better. I've realised that making myself feel happier and changing my habits will help with the diet too. Definately going to make short term and long term changes for the sake of my happiness and confidence.

I think happiness cannot be achieved as soon as a weight loss target is reached. Im a huge believer in self love and self acceptance. It involves actively making yourself happy and standing in front of a mirror and saying yes I have things I would like to change but this body is strong. I created life with this body. It tells a story, my life story And it/I deserve to take care of it

It takes strength to write something like that.
You were feeling fragile, and instead of feeding the vulnerability (literally!) - you posted on here, acknowledged it, and set about going to bed.
The way I see it, doing that is like facing the demon instead of just giving up, it's you saying
"I know you're there, and I know you're a threat, but screw you, I'm not playing your game, these are my rules, and I'll deal with this on my own terms."
You're doing better than you realise. :)

Thanks Empath. I'm so glad I posted on here and admitted it rather than hiding away, it will definately help get me back on track, that and the fab support on here. Thank you for your lovely words,I love this ;

I know you're there, and I know you're a threat, but screw you, I'm not playing your game, these are my rules, and I'll deal with this on my own terms."

I love that too. Hope you have a good weekend Poppy. X

I've been struggling for a while now Poppy. Good days followed by slips and blips and more good days, etc. So I'm trying to get my ketosis back. My emphasis is on real food and very low carbs. Calories between 800 and 1000 but 1200 is still fine as the carbs are so low.

We do what we can WHEN we can, one day at a time. Sending you blessings and energy x

Morning.

Well I wanted to show you all my gorgeous pink jam jar glass which I've used to jazz up my chocolate shake but I can't upload a pic for some reason, but it's lovely and making me feel better about my morning chocolate shake.

Well mixed few days, Friday I ended up off plan and having an arguement with my husband as he diassappared to help his mum and dad all night and then informed me he was going to have to help all Saturday as well. I know this probably makes me sound awful but I wasn't happy, or course I understand he should help his parents but I'd had a bad week with the kids and was dreading having another day on my own after a Friday night alone too. My husband is out of the house 11 hours of the day due to work, he gets back to put out son to bed and our little girl is normally already in bed, so weekends are precious time for us. Anyway my husband wasn't happy and said I was being selfish, which to be fair I guess I was, it's just difficult him working long hours.
So Saturday my husband went to his mum and dads, my son went with him and played with his cousins and me and my little girl went into the city centre and had a wander around the shops and had lunch and then went back to my MILs afterwards. And Sunday all of us back into the city centre to do a new Duck trail that's appeared. So in the end a lovely end to a tough week, but I was off plan... again.

Anyway my birthday is a week today so I'm going to give this week my best shot. I'm wandering about trying more of a WS approach this week, maybe adding scrambled egg or Protien bites, etc and seeing if that helps me stay on plan. I know most times I'm off plan is due to comfort eating and I need to get that under control.

i agree with others comments, I know I shouldn't rely on weight loss to completely make me happy, so I'm going to try and not stress this week, I'm going to colour in my grown up colouring book, I'm going to pamper myself, make more of an effort, im going to walk more, exercise more, read a book, paint my nails, dance around to music with my kids like crazy people and come on here more, I'm going to stay happy this week.

Im also thinking long term to in terms of the plan and other goals but I have time to think about that over hols too.
Im going to dig out and recharge my fit bit this week as well to track my activity.
And I'm really hoping my kids are going to be nicer this week, but hopefully if I'm happier and less stressed it will affect them. TOTM is due which since having my LG has got worse and these last few months a week or so before I feel really down and irritable which is not like me :-(

Anyway, happy Monday.

P.S.

Im not weighing myself this morning. I wont have lost and it'll only get me down. Might do it later in the week. X

I think happiness cannot be achieved as soon as a weight loss target is reached. Im a huge believer in self love and self acceptance. It involves actively making yourself happy and standing in front of a mirror and saying yes I have things I would like to change but this body is strong. I created life with this body. It tells a story, my life story And it/I deserve to take care of it

Thanks Curveappeal, you are so right. For me loving myself and my body is tough. I respect my body for growing and carrying my two babies but I don't think I love it. I look in the mirror and think, nice eyes, good skin and hair, overall my hourglass shape isn't bad but then I see the wobbly bits or the bad photos of myself and it all goes wrong. Something to work on I guess. X

Hi poppy, I'm a firm believer in taking a break form the scales if it will only create negativity. I've done it myself over the last few weeks. Get yourself back to a positive place, and into fighting form for next weeks weigh-in.

I can completely relate to the wobbly bits, I've had twins and even when I lose weight and get to my goal there will still be wobbly bits as my tummy is just stretched beyond repair. But that's ok, I've had to come to accept that it is just the way things are and there is nothing I do about it.

Use those bad photos are motivation to get to where you want to be and accept the things you cannot change xx
You know you can do it x

It's completely understandable to want your husband with you. Hopefully you guys can come to more of a compromise next weekend. I know how you feel, my BF of 7 years (basically husband haha) studies in Cambridge and sometimes I need his attention and he has other commitments. It's hard. I guess it works the other way too tho when I'm busy.

All your ideas for activities, keeping active and keeping happy sound great. That's what I'm trying to do this week as well, so let's spur one another along. You can choose happy, apparently ;) lets choose it this week!!!

My TOTM has been awful on the diet too. Considering I'm not even meant to have them as I have the implant. This diet creates so many mini battles, but we can win them one at a time!! :)

I hope you have a lovely birthday week :) xx

So the good day went down hill! Found out this afternoon that my phone and online bank have been hacked! Someone had hacked my phone via an app, managed to get my bank login details (which were not stored on my phone), they diverted my phone calls to their number, changed my bank login details and applied for a loan in my name - which luckily enough was declined. I've never been so glad about having a busy month and being skint as luckily they didn't take anything else. So scary! I feel so violated. I've reported it all to the relevant people and changed passwords and secured data and my husband is sorting my phone out but I can help wonder what info they have or have seen, I have pics of my kids on my phone and my Facebook, etc that are all secure, but I guess how secure. Gosh so it's so scary what people can get hold of.

And my MIL came to help with the kids while I was on the phone sorting it out as I phone husband in tears, how bad do I feel!

Back