Alli slimming pills???

karen.garraway

Hi, has anyone tried these? You can get them over the counter now and supposed to enable a 50% extra weight loss. They are quite expensive ( on offer at tesco at the moment £20 for 2 weeks )
What does anyone think?

They MAY give you a better weight loss if youre starting out or want to keep on track with a diet but if youre already successfully following a diet then they wont make a bit of difference. Dont waste your money

The side effects can be nasty if you dont stick to a low fat diet, so I've heard. x

Oh my god you are an inspiration!! I cant believe you have lost 12 stone!!
I am in such a dilema - i started cambridge last october and lost 2 and half stone - finally got into size 18's. Decided to have a 2 day break for xmas and ...... you can guess the rest. i have now put on nearly 4 stone since xmas and very depressed. i am sooo broody for a baby, my little boy is now 3 and i am killing myself with guilt as i didnt want a big age gap betweeen children. I am nearly 18 stone and know that sw is fab but after having such bit weight losses on cambridge will i be satisfied with 1 or 2 lbs a week. That has been my thoughts since the new year! If i had just got on with sw in january i would be wellon my way now. Sorry for rambling but i am sure you have had days/weeks feeling like this. I think you should be so very proud!!

I would tend to agree, pills and posions really don't work in the long run. Follow a healthy diet plan with exercise like SW you will win hands down..... and will end up alot cheaper in the long run.

Phil x

Ive tried diet pills before and if they just stop you from feeling hungry then for me it wont work lol i eat for the sake of it not for hunger purposes.
And if its the one where u end up getting rid of the fat in the toilet, my mum tried those and it was BAD lol she always needed to go and she said it made it a funny colour. I honestly just think it just stick with slimming world diet its healthy surely taking tablets to loose weight isnt!! :D

Alli and Xenical are actually very good as deterrents if youre struggling to stick to a diet. The thought of the side effects is usually very effective in ensuring you eat sensibly.

If youre already focussed enough to eat a low fat diet or stick to a sensible diet then youll really not see any benefits. The price of the over the counter ones are shocking at least Xenical is a prescription drug

I have been told that Xenical has really bad side effects .. the main one constant upset tummy, cramps, wind, nuasea, and you really should be near a loo if you have a cough.

Healthy diet, with exercise is the one!

Phil x

I was on Xenical for a year and had fab weight loss. I stopped them 2 weeks ago and started Rosemary Conley the same day. So far I've lost 4½lbs in those 2 weeks, 94½lbs in total. I agree that if it was a simple case of sticking to a diet, I would have lost the weight, but I also had psychological and emotional issues. Xencial helped me deal with it, and it helped me turn my life around a full 180.
Over the past 20 years I had repeatedly tried Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Slimfast, calorie counting. Yes I initially lost weight, but I always ended up sabotaging myself, putting the weight back on and then some.
Xenical and Alli are appropiate for some people, not everyone, and like everyone else here the people on them are trying to lose weight, people using them need support and help and encouragement like everyone else here.

I have been told that Xenical has really bad side effects .. the main one constant upset tummy, cramps, wind, nuasea, and you really should be near a loo if you have a cough.

Healthy diet, with exercise is the one!

Phil x
That is only the case if you do not stick to a low fat diet. If you do not address your diet and eating habits, then of course you will have a side effect.
In the year I was on them, I never had a side effect.
And if all we needed was a healthy diet, with exercise, NONE of us would be here, would we?

Hey Karen i did Lipotrim and lost nearly 3 stone in two months its good for a boost but its not a life change, i didnt think i would be pleased on this diet with small weight losses but the days fly by and i tend not to think about food in a bad way anymore,. Its nice to actually eat lol
Since i have started this already my hair and skin is so better and where before i was sleeping at least 10 hours and napping at lunchtime as well, now 7 hours it enuff!!!
Good Luck :D

That is only the case if you do not stick to a low fat diet. If you do not address your diet and eating habits, then of course you will have a side effect.
In the year I was on them, I never had a side effect.
And if all we needed was a healthy diet, with exercise, NONE of us would be here, would we?

But all we do need is a healthy diet and exercise though, all of us are on a diet because we didnt follow a healthy diet and probably spent more time watching tv than outside.
We all here because we got ourselves in this situation, so you gota be positive about making a life change.. i know because ive tried every crazy diet there is and they were only short term solutions

But all we do need is a healthy diet and exercise though, all of us are on a diet because we didnt follow a healthy diet and probably spent more time watching tv than outside.
We all here because we got ourselves in this situation, so you gota be positive about making a life change.. i know because ive tried every crazy diet there is and they were only short term solutions

I totally agree that healthy eating and exercise is the way to go. Of course it is. What I'm saying is that if it was so easy, then none of us would be here. And we know it's not as easy as that. It's taken me over 20 years to sort out my binge eating and my yo yo dieting, and of course it hasn't been easy.
All I'm really saying is that there are loads of people on this site, following loads of different paths, and we all need help and support and encouragement. What works for one is not always going to work for another, doesn't make it the wrong thing to do though.
xx

If you are contemplating Alli, I would say rather than hand over your £20, toddle off down to your doctor and ask to get Xenical on prescription it is going to cost you £5. Tried Xenical, have to say it didnt work for me, but other people I know who have been on them its worked. Just remember that you do need to follow a low fat diet and you shouldnt have the side effects.

The side effects are there to act as a deterrant from putting the cream cake in your mouth or whatever it is of your choosing, guaranteed you would only do it the once.

I was on Xenical for a year and had fab weight loss. I stopped them 2 weeks ago and started Rosemary Conley the same day. So far I've lost 4½lbs in those 2 weeks, 94½lbs in total. I agree that if it was a simple case of sticking to a diet, I would have lost the weight, but I also had psychological and emotional issues. Xencial helped me deal with it, and it helped me turn my life around a full 180.
Over the past 20 years I had repeatedly tried Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Slimfast, calorie counting. Yes I initially lost weight, but I always ended up sabotaging myself, putting the weight back on and then some.
Xenical and Alli are appropiate for some people, not everyone, and like everyone else here the people on them are trying to lose weight, people using them need support and help and encouragement like everyone else here.

Firstly well done for your weight loss that is really good. :happy096:

Please tell me... popping pills like Xenical is prescibed to act as a barrier on absorbion of fat ? well if you are on a low fat diet why would you need the pills.??

Xenical is not a appitite suppressant is it ?

Secondly I would agree support is a key thing that is as you say we are here. I still feel that pill popping is not the answer, as the outcomes can be found in a healthy way. Without the un welcome side effects :sick0019:

Phil x

If you stick to the low fat plan and take the tabs does it definitely give you an extra % of weightloss, on top of what you would lose without taking them?

I know that Alli claims to help you lose 1 extra pound for every 2lbs you lose. I never took Xenical though to speed up my weight loss, and for the most part I lost a pound a week, which I was more than happy with :)
I stopped the Xenical when I felt I was ready and able to continue a low fat diet without the fear of any consequences if I cheated. I joined Rosemary Conley because I'm basically following the same low fat diet, but I can now also have oily fish ( Xenical doesn't differeniate between good and bad fats, so things like sardines, salmon, herring etc I couldn't have on Xenical)
xx

Not necessarily, it depends what you eat. Actually I had NO side effects no matter what I ate lol

Please tell me... popping pills like Xenical is prescibed to act as a barrier on absorbion of fat ? well if you are on a low fat diet why would you need the pills.??

Xenical is not a appitite suppressant is it ?

Many people who take the pills take them to ensure they stick to their diet. Theyre very good as a method of stopping you cheat. Unfortunately a lot of people think theyre a miracle pill and the weight will fall off them - it wont.

I think Ali will agree that the tablets helped ensure she stayed on her diet, and THATS what caused the weight loss, as opposed to the tablets taking the credit

Back