Alli takes the scenic route to maintenance

Aw good day then! Food plan looks good squash soup looks really nice, I think I've got some lurking in the garden, under the weeds I'll go and have a look. Have a good day today!

hey Alli,
Sounds like you had a fab day yesterday, well done on getting that wii out, got mine out too and managed a whole 19 mins ths morning, this is very good for me.

Enjoy your day out!

xx

I nearly did well yesterday LOL! If I hadn't eaten the ice cream late at night I would have been OK, but alas I ate a whole pot and therefore went to bed cross with myself yet again.

BUT - I have got up this morning and put my fitness gear on and am planning on starting a 30 day challenge (whatever that is) on the Wii Sports Active as soon as I can turf the family out of the living room.

DH went out and bought bikes for the children last night and they are so excited. He went completely overboard and bought super expensive bikes with gears and everything - They're only 5 and 6 years old!! Still at least they will look cool when they are out riding with their friends LOL. DS has only recently learned to ride whereas his friends have been riding for a while so he is thrilled to have a cool bike now.

We're going to chill out today as spending the day in London yesterday was exhausting! We didn't go to Westminster in the end as we checked the price and there's no way I'd pay £36 to go in when I know the children would be bored after 10 minutes. Instead we went to a prison museum and then to the Tate for lunch. We went into the Temple Church and then finally strolled around Covent Garden watching the street performers. It was lovely but tiring and we have 2 exhausted children here this morning!

Eating today will be:

B - CD bar, coffee
L - Going to Harvester so will have grilled chicken breast with mash
D - Turkey with roast veggies

Snacks - apple, clementines

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Hey Alli, Glad you enjoyed your dayin London.
How was the wii fitting today, didn't do mine yet, keeping it for later.
Enjoy your chilled day! ooh harvester haven't been there in ages, lovely!

x

Didn't know your two were quite so young, Westminster Abbey better when they are older... mine are 15 & 17 & loved it. I know even a couple of years back they'd have been kind of 'blah' about it all, so one to save for the future. Have a great day!

xxx

Brilliant post you wrote on another thread about alternative slimming groups by the way. I've tried SW and WW years ago (when I really I didn't need to and found I was pregnant!?) and echo your feelings about them both. I couldn't stand the whole 'clubbiness' of it, in fact for me, it offered the opposite of support, Mini's is so much better.

Flash bikes eh? Can the children ride outside your house on their 'own'?

Which thread, Alli, Bess?

xxx

On here, 'Maintenance - other diet clubs,' just a bit further down. Interesting. x

Found it, tis fab, thanks. I did SW too, worked great first time (though didn't get to goal). Second time, I found I was eating more than ever... and developing a real carb addiction as well as a sugar one. And seriously... marinating things in diet coke? Ugh.

xxx

Never heard of marinading anything in diet coke LOL! I have boiled ham in full fat coke though a la Nigella - It was delicious!

Thanks for the comments girls - I was a bit embarrassed actually when I realised just how many diets I've been on. Obviously I only mentioned a few in that post but it got me thinking - I must have done around 30 (or more) different diets - most of which I spent money on (even if just a book). I might have a think and write them all down - should be impressive!

I'm doing well so far! Dinner is ready and is exactly what I said it would be (turkey with roast veg). I've had an oaty bar on top of what I said I would have but hey that's 67 cals and considering that I'm going to Aqua fit tonight I'll have well and truly earned it!

The kids loved their bikes although 6 year old son is a grumpy so and so (takes after his Dad LOL) and has no patience for practising. He struggled a little and it was obviously the bike's fault and DH got annoyed as he spent money on "the ungrateful little s*d" (he didn't say that to son's face btw). They are so alike :). The both need a bit of gentle coaxing to get out of their moods - soon son was happily riding around without a care in the world. DD did well too although not quite there yet.

Never heard of marinading anything in diet coke LOL! I have boiled ham in full fat coke though a la Nigella - It was delicious!

Thanks for the comments girls - I was a bit embarrassed actually when I realised just how many diets I've been on. Obviously I only mentioned a few in that post but it got me thinking - I must have done around 30 (or more) different diets - most of which I spent money on (even if just a book). I might have a think and write them all down - should be impressive!

I'm doing well so far! Dinner is ready and is exactly what I said it would be (turkey with roast veg). I've had an oaty bar on top of what I said I would have but hey that's 67 cals and considering that I'm going to Aqua fit tonight I'll have well and truly earned it!

The kids loved their bikes although 6 year old son is a grumpy so and so (takes after his Dad LOL) and has no patience for practising. He struggled a little and it was obviously the bike's fault and DH got annoyed as he spent money on "the ungrateful little s*d" (he didn't say that to son's face btw). They are so alike :). The both need a bit of gentle coaxing to get out of their moods - soon son was happily riding around without a care in the world. DD did well too although not quite there yet.

yeah hubby made the ham in coke thing a couple xmas's ago...ick waasn't impressed at all!
oh so many diets, i'm with you there alli, sw,ww,atkins, blood type diet (what a loads of b******s that was!!) slimfast, the heart diet, cabbage soup etc etc yikes doesn't bear thinking about for too long!

Glad the kids liked their bikes, wish i could get mine on theirs dd loves it but ds fell off once and that was it refused to get back on again.

Love the sound of the wii game you have might see if i can get it cheapy from ebay as pressie for me from santa!

Enjoy your aqua class!

Hey Alli, sounds like life is hectic with you! Think you are making some good choices in getting into maintenance.

xx

Today's one of those days when there's bickering aplenty in the Alli household! Everyone seems to be in a grumpy mood and all efforts to have some nice family time have been in vain. We tried to play UNO earlier and DS kept cheating and DD cried whenever she didn't win. Then DH and DS started playin golf on the PS3 and that too caused problems. We then sent the children out in the garden and they nearly killed each other. Some play with moonsand (hellish invention by people who clearly do not have children) now means that the kitchen is covered in sticky sand and I want to eat my own weight in chocolate!!:grumble::grumble::grumble:

Am now considering taking them to the park for a run and then to the local cinema for a movie - at least if they're busy watching a film and munching popcorn they'll leave me alone for a few precious minutes...

Oh well, I guess every day can't be good! Hopefully it will improve as the day goes on.

Foodwise it's all fine. I did well yesterday and it's showing on the scales this morning. I'm now only 2.5lbs away from my goal weight - although my goal weight is 7lbs away from where I ideally would like to be.

Let's just hope I don't follow my usual pattern and sabotage my slight loss with a binge tonight!

Hope you are all doing well!

Sounds like a fun day in your house!! Funny, isn't it? You can't engineer those special times we all love, they just happen and are very special.
One answer is of course to double up the number of children, that way there's always someone else to play with....!! Tee Hee!! :D
(I saw you'd written you were broody on Linda's thread - I've been like that for 17 years since my last one. Shall just have to wait for grandchildren to cuddle instead one day!)

Halloween tomorrow - the kids are so excited they can barely contain themselves!!

We are going to friends tomorrow for a Halloween party and I'm taking some gruesome goods. We're baking fingers, eyeballs and spider cupcakes tomorrow morning. Can't wait but hope I can stop myself form tasting the food!

I've been doing well today foodwise - I ate some of the children's leftovers but not much and other than that it's been completely to plan. It's only 6pm yet though so plenty of time to slide down the slippery slope yet.

Happy halloween for tomorrow - I'm going to try on my witches costume now LOL - my
daughter is going to freak out I think!:sign0151:

Whooohooooooo!!!!

We are going to party at a friends as well... not sure if we will dress up, might do if I can find anything! Bought lots of BAD sweet treats to take today, as well as Baileys & beer... have to be good tomorrow night! Guess I will drive so that will keep me off the Baileys.... your baking sounds fab!

xxx

Back