Alli's 2011 "Head stuff" diet

Hi all,

Meeting in 4 minutes so will need to type quickly! Just wanted to pop in really as I've neglected this diary recently. Not done much better on my SW diary really, bad Alli ;).

I bumped into my CDC recently and she mentioned the choc mint bar and said she would give me one to try. I found it in the letter box this morning so am looking forward to trying it some time this week. I love anything choc/mint so am sure I'll love it although probably not enough to go back on CD - but have considered buying a few toffee bars and I do still have the occasional cappuccino shake as I love it...

Anyway - 1 minute to go now and so will run but hope everyone's having a good day and doing well on whatever plan you're doing!

That choc/mint bar was lovely! I had to forego my Dime bar to have it but it was (nearly) worth it ;)

Now I'm struggling to stop myself from going back into the kitchen for more food. DH is out and kids are in bed - perfect binge time. We have all sorts of unhealthy foods in the kitchen and it's so tempting to have some. My mind is coming up with all sorts of excuses and justifications but so far I've swatted them away reasonably easily.

No choice - NO CHOICE - NO CHOICE!!!

Go on it will be OK to just have a few Pringles - just one handful.

-No I mustn't. I haven't got any syns left tonight!

Who care - no one will know - I can have less syns tomorrow. Just 10 crisps.

- I'll eat all of them - stop being so stupid! (desperately pressing refresh on the laptop in the hope that someone has posted something new to read).

Oh adverts - let's go and do some laundry - in the kitchen - mustn't open any cupboards...ooooh there's popcorn as well....

Aaaarghhhh - 10 seconds in the head of Alli!!

OMG I actually got the Pringles out of the cupboard...looked at them...popped the lid open and quickly closed it again, shoved them back into the cupboard and ran out of the kitchen screaming (OK, not quite ;)).

This is pathetic - I would go to bed but I have to wait for the school uniforms to dry (in the dryer) first so have at least another 20 minutes to go....

Alli, my head does this as well, although not with Pringles. SW is helping a lot at the moment... with CD I'd be fine, 'immune' for ages - then fall from a great height and wake up with chocolate all over my face. I wonder if those thoughts - 'perfect binge time' and the torture that follows - will ever totally go away. Maybe not, but huge CREDIT Alli for facing down the demons. Hope you made it through until bedtime... and that today is a less tempting day. (Get those Easter eggs out of the house - or in the attic - somewhere! Too dangerous!)

xxx

Alli, hopefully you won the battle with the Pringles........ I have very similar battles with all sorts of things but never Pringles. Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps are a nightmare.....I just don't buy them now but they do call out to me when I am in the shops.. pesky little blighters.

Chocolate was calling me on Monday afternoon/evening BIG TIME and I almost put my shoes on to go down to the local Co-op to get some but decided that I would have a chocolate MAM instead. That, fortunately, hit the spot and the crisis passed. :D

Keep at it hun, you are doing very well. xx

I didn't exactly win the battle as such but my OH came back home so my inner voices went off in a huff ;). They will be back out tomorrow night when I am on my own again.

I do have a real weakness for Pringles, probably more so than chocolate. Still I didn't eat and feel very smug today. Am having a hungry day today though so lots of "free" food nearby today to ensure I keep on track.

Busy day at work today so must go :(

I don't like crisps especially but Pringles are so easy to eat... and tend to vanish in large quantities if I ever do start on them. But rarely feel like doing that. OK... so take those pringles and stick them in boot of car tomorrow night... will possibly be a deterrent! Well done for resisting and also for filling up on the free food. I am trying to replace a fibre+ bar with 5 scan bran today, not hitting the spot in QUITE the same way...

xxx

Awww, and then there is chocolate covered Pringles. No wonder so Many Americans are overweight!

I agree with KC -- put them in the boot. I have Girl Scout cookies stored in mine. lol

Awww, and then there is chocolate covered Pringles. No wonder so Many Americans are overweight!

I agree with KC -- put them in the boot. I have Girl Scout cookies stored in mine. lol
Or do what I did and lock the bathroom scales in the boot ;)

:eek::eek::eek: Chocolate covered pringles!? That sounds disgusting!! ...and that comes from someone who quite like chocolate covered liquorice...;)

chocolate_pringle.jpg

They are actually very good. There is something about the savoury and sweet mixture. Kind like the sugared popcorn you Europeans like so much.

They look good, not sure they would do it for me though, I really like Pringles and I really like chocolate.... just not together.

I would put the pringles and eggs in the boot of your DHs car before he goes out and then they wont be around whilst he is gone..... problem solved!!

chocolate_pringle.jpg

They are actually very good. There is something about the savoury and sweet mixture. Kind like the sugared popcorn you Europeans like so much.

Oi - don't be so presumptious :D Sweet popcorn is a distinctly british thing, nothing European about it! Everywhere else, as far as I am aware, eat popcorn the way they should be eaten - with plenty of salt and nothing else!

Having said that, I've become addicted to Pret's sweet and salted popcorn - they are delicious. Not convinced about the Pringles though - I love sweet and savoury together just can't see how pringles with their kind of floury texture can go well with chocolate. Well since I can't buy them over here I might have to experiment...now where's that chocolate fondue set :D

Hope you are all well. I've finished work early today as DD has a school disco and she is so excited about it. I'm just about to do her hair and get her party frock on. No doubt all the girls will sit in one corner with the boys on the other side and no one on the dance floor...I remember it well.

Right must go!

Have to agree about the choccy pringles, does not appeal. But nor does choc spread, which seems to be v popular... cannot imagine why anyone would want to spread gooey chocolate on BREAD. Ugh. When clearly it is meant to be eaten direct from the jar with a spoon, and all in one sitting... which is why it is not allowed in our house...

xxx

Have to agree about the choccy pringles, does not appeal. But nor does choc spread, which seems to be v popular... cannot imagine why anyone would want to spread gooey chocolate on BREAD. Ugh. When clearly it is meant to be eaten direct from the jar with a spoon, and all in one sitting... which is why it is not allowed in our house...

xxx

I agree with you whole heartedly about chocolate spread! I naively buy a jar once every 6 months or so and normally my children get a teaspoonful each with pancakes / ice cream - the rest is eaten guiltily with a spoon late at night. The Nutella-troll is well known at our house alongside the toothfairy, Easterbunny and peanutbutter monkeys :p

Oi - don't be so presumptious :D Sweet popcorn is a distinctly british thing, nothing European about it! Everywhere else, as far as I am aware, eat popcorn the way they should be eaten - with plenty of salt and nothing else!

Hi Alli,

I lived in Germany for seven years and they had ONLY sugared popcorn at their "kinos". And, the French do, as well -- if I am remembering correctly from my Uni days. So, I will now state Scaniavians are to be excluded from my previous "Europeans" comment. ;)

BTW -- most Americans have melted butter and salt on their popcorn (which I find greasy and yucky).

My DS lives on Nutella and bread... a hold over from his Germany years. Interestingly, he does not like the Nutella breakfast cereal.

I hope you are having a rain-free weekend now. We had rain in the early hours, but now is it just overcast.

MM

I stand corrected - I had no idea Germans had sweet popcorn and I've spent many holidays over there. My French friend nearly hit me when I suggested they ate sweet popcorn over there though so I guess it depends on what your family preference is...

Certainly I had never tasted (or heard of) sweet popcorn before I moved over here :)

I have to confess that I do love melted butter on popcorn. Again it was something that I had heard/read about as it was definitely not something available back home. I tried it and liked it but only have it maybe once per year as even though it tastes nice, I can't bring myself to make it often (that Goodness!)

I'm having a lovely time chilling out with the children. They have a bowl of popcorn each and we're watching some film with Gwyneth Paltrow (Skycaptain something). Perfect time for me to catch up on here...

Morning hun, Hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.
I have to admit the peanutbutter monkeys also live here too, although we are attack free for about 6months now i believe not bringing pb intothe house has worked very well! shame they don't make those little mini jars like jams though. On the popcorn subject gotta be Butterkist for me anything else i can happily ignore, kids prefer salted, ick!
Wishing a fab week hun
xx

Hi Alli

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday. Can't say peanut butter, or nutella monkeys live here, but definitely the chocolate monster...that's the one I have to try to keep away where possible.

Hope the sun is shining where you are xx

Back