Alli's 2011 "Head stuff" diet

Interesting about the slimfast, have never had one but might be a useful option for travels as I don't like CD tetras... happy with the less sweet thing too.

I tried to look at your dress but just got the whole Boden sale come up, which one did you get? I remember in 2009 we both got Boden cardis size 12, I am still wearing mine, I love it. I got a green cord dress there last year, but it is very straight-up-and-down and still think I am a bit too lumpy for it to be flattering at the moment. Nice to think of though as I didn't wear it much before jumping into the sabotage torrent, so in a month or two it would be almost like having something new. It's a 14 so that's definitely possible, I am in 14s now but that style is NOT forgiving!

Did you decide on a name for the new puppy? I've forgotten!

Laughed too at 'get work done without procrastinating', I am with you on that one. Or I will be, when i've finished faffing about on minis and hoovering the doorstep...

Have a fab day.

xxx

I've only tried the one slim fast shake yet and that was a powder mix one (Latte flavour) - It is very nice. I suspect that the other flavours are not that nice as I remember trying the strawberry flavour some years ago and it wasn't that great. It kept me nicely full until lunch time though so might have that for brekkie on a regular basis. They are 230 kcals each so higher than CD shakes but about right for breakfast I think.

I got 3 different boden dresses but only one is still available and that's the jersey tea dress. It's quite pretty but not my usual style so not sure if I'll wear it much. The one I am wearing today (just about to change to PJs :D) is a berry pink. I think it was called a ruffle dress. The other one was called the Chelsea dress I think.

Nope still not decided on name...

Morning Alli, hope you are having a good day today.

I have got to the bit in the Beck book where she absolutely insists that everytime you eat something, even if it just a few crumbs from the cheese grater (for instance) that you have to sit to eat, therefore you are much more aware of what you are putting into your mouth. Even tasting something you are cooking (to see if it is edible enough for guests in my case:D) That makes perfect sense to me, as I can scoff an ounce of grated cheese whilst sorting out a jacket potato and it not even register on the Richter scale. I've got it all written down on my Response card with the word "SIT" in large letters, to remind me. Also, whilst sitting it has to be proper sitting, no slouching in front of the TV (guilty as charged :eek:)

xxx

I'm sure that's true and I've read it so many times in the various IE books I've read, but I love eating in front of the telly at times! Not my main meals, but a bowls of nuts, crisps, chocolates :drool: etc...

It's the rebel in me - I just can't bear being told what to do! If I could only decide to sit down and eat I think my weight problem would be sorted as my main problem is snacking at night with a book or by the laptop. BUT it is not a choice I'm prepared to make at the moment unfortunately :sigh::rolleyes:

Wishing you a happy Friday Alli... hope that inner rebel keeps her head down today! The dresses sound lovely, what a treat... and an incentive to stay slim. Brilliant!

xxx

Happy Friday Alli. x

Hi All,

Today has been a great day! I've got lots of work done and I've eaten about the right amount of food I think. I feel a little hungry now but it is nearly 10pm so that's OK.

Still taking a break from a diet plan but will need to make a decision soon as otherwise it will be summer and I will be annoyed with myself for not fitting into my summer clothes.

We're picking up the puppy tomorrow. Still no name although as DH likes Maya it might be that - it's not often that he has an opinion on such things and my shortlist is around 15 names long :rolleyes:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Have a brilliant day Alli and enjoy (Maya?)'s first day in her new home!

xxx

Hi All,

Just a quick post to show off Maya! She is gorgeous and bouncy and very very loud in the car :D

Maya%20and%20Molly.jpg

Maya.jpg

Oh Alli she is BEAUTIFUL!!! They both are! Enjoy the fun!

xxx

Isn't she lovely, what does Molly make of her?

Oh Alli she is BEAUTIFUL!!! They both are! Enjoy the fun!

xxx

Thanks Katy - They have worn us all out :rolleyes:. It's the first time I've sat down all day! No time to think about food though so good in one respect :D.
Isn't she lovely, what does Molly make of her?
Molly is not keen :D. She was very excited initially but got the hump once she realised she's staying :rolleyes:. She even refused to eat her dinner - and you know labs - it has to be pretty serious to refuse food!! :eek:
Awwwwwww, so sweet!! I bet she smells gorgeous too. I love the smell of puppies... and kittens xx
She smells like coffee and burned toast! There's no better smell in the world. DH wanted to give her a bath. Over my dead body!! ;)

She smells like coffee and burned toast! There's no better smell in the world. DH wanted to give her a bath. Over my dead body!! ;)

Oh they do don't they? I knew they smelt fantastic, but your description brought it all back!! Definitely no bathing. Now I am remembering the smell of new born babies heads......sigh.....DD3 (the mini midwife) loves it too, and she's not had any of her own yet......
Poor Molly though, I hope they settle down soon. Will you have to make a top dog and bottom dog? I've never had 2 together where one was a puppy.....

Oh they do don't they? I knew they smelt fantastic, but your description brought it all back!! Definitely no bathing. Now I am remembering the smell of new born babies heads......sigh.....DD3 (the mini midwife) loves it too, and she's not had any of her own yet......
Poor Molly though, I hope they settle down soon. Will you have to make a top dog and bottom dog? I've never had 2 together where one was a puppy.....
Aw, pups, kittens and the smell of a newborn baby....lush :D I definitely seem to be more nose sensitive rather than taste sensitive so perhaps I ought to knock out my sense of smell then food wouldn't be a problem :D I just love to sniff things!!!!!!! xx

Morning Alli,
Hope you are having fun with the new puppy, just showed my kids the pic and they went all gooey! ....she's gorgeous!

Wishing you a fabulous week hunny
xx

The new puppy fitness plan... could be a book there! Can we all have one? Hope Molly is getting used to Maya now and that you all had an amazing weekend. Happy Monday!

xxx

Hi all!
Will need to be brief as I'm typing on my phone and I just keep hitting the wrong buttons (very annoying)

Maya is now called Poppy as having 2 dogs with a name starting with M was too confusing for me and after calling her Molly a million times I started calling her Puppy and we ended up changing her name to poppy as she was starting to respond to puppy :)

She was brilliant last night and I only had to get up once. I spend all day walking behind her ready to grab her and run to the garden - food has been the last thing on my mind! It won't last but it makes a change ;)

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere to get our car repaired and it might take hours. It is very annoying as I have work to but it needs to be done.

My thumbs have had enough of typing now and I have a conference call to dial in to.

Hope you all have a great start to the week!

Just because I have nothing better to do ;)

(Hope you can see the attachments I've never tried attaching images from my phone before...)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110207_105312.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110207_105312.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 29
  • ForumRunner_20110207_105420.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110207_105420.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 29
Back