Alli's 2011 "Head stuff" diet

We can see! Hello Poppy! (sorry... clearly losing it here... ahem.)

Hope that car gets fixed soon Alli!

xxx

Awwwwww she is such a darling, we used to have a chocolate lab and golden lab at the same time too, but the chocolate one never grew as big as the golden one, maybe because she was a girl and the golden one was a boy, the choccie one was called Jenna and the golden one was Troy....

We are very lucky in that we have 3 dogs now and puppys have been introduced into the house and they all get along just fine, although I think the little pug is top dog over the cocker spaniel and boxer..... lol

Have a great day foodwise and otherwise Alli xx

Like the name Poppy Alli, she's so sweet! Hope you got the car sorted out. x

Hey Alli, puppy is the house...great distraction by the sounds of it!
Have a great day hun
x

Awww, SO cute! x

Hi all,

It's been a busy few days! Poppy, adorable though she is, was unwell yesterday and we had to take her to the vet in the afternoon. That alongside having to get up in the night to let her out in the garden results in a grumpy and tired Alli!

At the back of my mind I also know that i need to do something about my weight as I'm not happy being this weight. It may only be 10lbs or so but it's 10lbs too many as I was on the upper scale of my "goal range" anyway.

Bess - when you work out what to do, let me know and I might just copy you! I haven't got the energy to make any decisions right now ;)

Yawn!! Must go and do some work before it's time to pick the children up from school!

Hope you are all having a good Mini day!

I know exactly what you mean. My current goal will get me to a healthy weight and a BMI of 25, But it will be only just. My ultimate goal is to get 10lbs lower to get to 10st.

I hope Poppy is feeling better now x

Bess - when you work out what to do, let me know and I might just copy you! I haven't got the energy to make any decisions right now ;)

I hope Poppy is getting better now, and that you can have some rest as well!

I have decided and am now getting on with it. This is the plan. I'm reading Beck and following her plan, but crammed days 1 & 2 together today. I shan't do that again. My 2 diets to chose are firstly My Own :eek:. We all know what to eat/not eat and so I'm hoping that this will work. If it doesn't then it's most likely SW or possibly WW. There are classes in both nearby in the mornings, which I can go to before work as I arrange my own work schedule.
I know that this isn't going to be a quick fix, I want to lose between 2 and 2.5 stones, not really sure yet, I'll decide when I get to the first. With my life, I really can't do a VCLD again, I tried often last year, always failing and feeling wretched, so slow and steady wins the race for me this time. If, sorry, 'when', I succeed I'll be in a stronger position to maintain by doing it this way.
I shall only weigh once or twice a week and keep the graph. I figured that I started this morning, or possibly yesterday, by accident because it was a good food day.
I shall make myself walk and try to go each day, for at least 30 minutes, or a bike ride.

It just has to the easiest possible way for me to be able to stick to this and keep it up. So, fingers firmly crossed and all support and very welcome.

I'm walking some of the Cornish coastal path wth friends in May, so I'd like to have made some inroads into the weight loss by then, but I'm not setting any time scales because I just can't take failing again. Today I intend that this is the final and permanent time I ever diet. xx

Fantastic post Bess, honest and real and the more likely to succeed because of that. The last sentence is exactly the way I feel and just feels very strong and very poignant. We're doing this... big hugs Bess, and well done.

xxx

Hope Poppy is feeling better today Alli, not good when you have to get up in the night tho.... hope you are having a good day xx

Thanks all!

Bess - it's great to see you back on form! I hope to join you soon - must get that Beck book but have been put off by the mention of response cards, plans and charts! I've never been good at that stuff so that would be a massive effort for me. Then again - maybe my resistance to it is just my inner rebel talking and I should just get to it. I'll need to wait until next pay day as it has been an expensive month...

Poppy is still not 100% but she is on antibacs and I'm also changing her food over as I suspect it's just too heavy for her. I've only started doing that today so will see if it makes a difference. She's so gorgeous though and she has filled our house with laughter as the 2 dogs are just so funny to watch.

Must go and get the kids now but will check in later.

Glad the doggies are getting along Alli and that they are making the family laugh with their antics. Hope Poppy is better soon xx

must get that Beck book but have been put off by the mention of response cards, plans and charts! I've never been good at that stuff so that would be a massive effort for me. Then again - maybe my resistance to it is just my inner rebel talking and I should just get to it.

I'm with you Alli, completely! An utter 'I hate being organised' phobic! I have only made one card - scribbled on the back of a postcard, of why I want to lose weight and surprisingly enough, I think it's helping. My graph will be a simple thing as well and it'll be no different to the CD card really, just a record to boost my confidence. So don't be put off, you never know, this could be the diet book that actually works for us all!

Glad Poppy is a little better, is she having the same food that she was used to before you had her? I think this often happens when puppies move. (Pedigree Chum puppy food is notorious for upsetting their stomachs.)

Does Molly like her any better now? It sounds as though she does. xx

Morning Alli,

Hope you are well today!

The idea of the cards didn't appeal to me either so chose to use my blackberry notes for the things i needed ,much easier and i always have it with me with reminders to read it too.

Wishing you a fabulous Friday hun
xx

Oh good - I will invest in the book soon then. We cleared out our book case last weekend and I had over 20 diet related books in there...considering that I gave a few to the charity shop before Christmas I must have had at least 30 at one time!!

It was the breeder's food that didn't agree with Poppy. She was on Beta puppy and we have changed over to CSJ command performance, same as Molly (but puppy version) . She is like a different dog!

Will check in properly later today (am on phone) !

Glad Poppy's better.

I never thought of using my phone... might work!

Yay for Pops, and glad they are getting on a bit better! Have a fab weekend Alli!

xxx

Hi Alli! All well? x

Good Morning everyone!

Thanks for checking in on me - no time at all on the computer this weekend so lots of catching up required!

I'm still no closer to starting a diet or getting my head in gear but nor am I bingeing so that's good. I didn't realise just how much work is involved in having 2 dogs (at least at the moment) and I spend forever supervising their play and following Poppy around in case she needs the toilet :rolleyes:.

I had a lovely catch up over dinner with a friend on Friday night. - Ate far too much!

On Saturday I was so exhausted from the getting up in the night all week that I spent virtually all day on the sofa :D. I managed a walk to the local playground with daughter and Poppy but that was about it.
I don't think I ate much on Saturday - some shepherd's pie in the evening but otherwise quite lightly as I was still full from Friday.

Yesterday I did a whole day training session with Molly. It was dreadful - so muddy and cold. It finished at 3.30pm and I was still freezing at 10pm. Still Molly loved it and I came away with lots of good tips. Food - Stew and brownies for lunch and lasagne for dinner :sigh:;)

Still it is Monday today and as always on a Monday I feel hopeful that this week will be better on the food front. The weather is lovely so plan to go for a nice walk later when work isn't so busy.

I hope you are all having a great Monday!

Back