Alli's 2011 "Head stuff" diet

Hey Alli, yay for your 2 days in, wel done! So glad you have your Beck book too, it'll really help.

ooh Macaroons...i watched someone making them this morning on tv, they look brilliant, might have to put those in the M pile for cooking club...enjoy the cooking!

X

The macaroons are done and packed away in boxes for Tuesday. I made Pistachio flavoured (green) and blackcurrant flavoured (lilac) ones. It wasn't anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be but the first few were oddlly shaped as I haven't used a piping bag for ages and some of them cracked in the over. Still I have enough and they taste lovely.

A 3rd day done and I even counted the macaroons I had (2) so am very happy! Am sitting here watching Pride & Prejudice under a duvet as I'm not feeling great at all. I really want to eat as that's what I normally do when I'm unwell, but unfortunately I've eaten my lot. I've got out a response card that says: "No excuses! Just because I want to eat, doesn't mean I should" I keep looking at it hoping it will keep me from going to the kitchen :)

Off to the in-laws tomorrow to celebrate my FILs birthday. No doubt we will get a massive roast so will eat lightly in the morning.

It feels good to be back in control (well more or less) again!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Hiya Ali is the becks book easy to read?? as i had a quick look through and it looks very hmmmm... full on lol??

im ordering mine now.. it was £10.99 in waterstones today.!

yay you for feeling back in control, keep going x

Am sitting here watching Pride & Prejudice under a duvet as I'm not feeling great at all.

QUOTE]

So sorry you are feeling ill Alli but the snuggling under a duvet and Pride and Prejudice sounds wonderful to me!! So do those macaroons, never made them - just as well!! xxx

Just to echo Bess, hope you are feeling a bit better... and that the FIL b'day & roast was good.

xxx

Thanks Ladies! We've just got back and it's weird to not have the children (they are staying over at their grandparents for a couple of nights) here but also nice and quiet!! :D.

I'm feeling quite a bit better, thanks. Yesterday I was feeling very sorry for myself but this morning Charlotte (DD) and I went out for a 2 hour walk with Molly and it really seemed to have cleared my head. Very muddy though and we decided to wade through a stream as it looked less muddy on the other side. DD freaked out half way and I had to carry her across and then realised my wellies leaked. Still we enjoyed ourselves.

DH had told my MIL that we were trying to be healthy so she cooked a stir fry - she was just starting when we came in and she must have had an inch of oil in the bottom. It was a nice thought though and I declined pudding and just had a small coconut macaroon (seem to be surrounded by macaroons at the moment) with my coffee.

I'm so tempted to sit and read a bit more of the Beck book tonight but really want to do this day by day and only read each day as it comes. Usually I read the whole book first and then go back and start phase 1 or whatever - but because I've already read it it gets a bit boring if that makes sense. It also seems a bit overwhelming when you see all the exercises you need to do. Only knowing what you need to do for one day feels so much more manageable. Still, might read what's instore for tomorrow.

Right - I'm off to catch up on diaries and then go to bed!

Well I ordered the Beck book today too, only £6.49 on Amazon, now I need to be patient for it to arrive, I really wanted it on the Kindle but its not available. Glad your WW is going okay, I have had a bad weekend and I know I am going to have gained this week, it is so disheartening only losing 1lb a week though... guess that was better than a gain this week though. Hopefully the Beck book will help me..... we should have a Beck thread where we all post our most useful part.... enjoy your few childless days...

Well I ordered the Beck book today too, only £6.49 on Amazon, now I need to be patient for it to arrive, I really wanted it on the Kindle but its not available. Glad your WW is going okay, I have had a bad weekend and I know I am going to have gained this week, it is so disheartening only losing 1lb a week though... guess that was better than a gain this week though. Hopefully the Beck book will help me..... we should have a Beck thread where we all post our most useful part.... enjoy your few childless days...

The Beck book is certainly helping me so far. I read the relevant chapter in the morning but leave the exercises to the evening (unless they are meant for all day). That way I am focussing on it during my "high risk" time - at night when I'm tired and trying to relax.

How are you finding Propoints? I love the idea of it, but do find the weekly points kind of legalising a binge night a week for me. Not that there's anything wrong in overeating for a night occasionally but with my history I'd prefer to get into a routine of balance. Still it is more flexible than the old plan and based on this morning's weight I've lost the lbs I gained last week so that's good.

That's great Alli... seeing the scales move in right direction really helps.

Have a fab day.

xxx

The Beck book is certainly helping me so far. I read the relevant chapter in the morning but leave the exercises to the evening (unless they are meant for all day). That way I am focussing on it during my "high risk" time - at night when I'm tired and trying to relax.

How are you finding Propoints? I love the idea of it, but do find the weekly points kind of legalising a binge night a week for me. Not that there's anything wrong in overeating for a night occasionally but with my history I'd prefer to get into a routine of balance. Still it is more flexible than the old plan and based on this morning's weight I've lost the lbs I gained last week so that's good.

I totally understand about the legalising a binge night, but when I fall off the wagon I have no excuse not to get straight back on as my points normally fall into the allowed weekly allowance. But I am thinking of trying this week, adding an extra 7 points each day to my allowance and using it up this way.

Will definately read my Beck book a day at a time, although no doubt I will have a good flick through once it arrives....

Have a good day xx

Well done on the weight drop! Hoooray! xx

waved to nobody in particular while crossing the concourse at Euston... did you see me?

xxx

Morning Alli,

Hope you are having a good day. x

Stuck in a meeting all day so not great - but OK all things considered! 3 days off work now YAY!!

waved to nobody in particular while crossing the concourse at Euston... did you see me?

xxx

Oh was that you?? :D 50s dress, crimped hair and waving a pink book around whilst singing "spider man spider man. Does whatever a spider can" (or something to that effect)?

Nope didn't see you but have a very vivid picture of you (and Chels / Bess) after reading up on your reminiscing about the good ol' days!! ;)

Hi Alli,

I hope you're well and you had a good Tuesday xx:)

It was OK, thanks Jess! Hope you are OK too! :)

Honestly - I'm sitting here with a box of chocolates next to me and I have only had one - and don't even feel it calling to me!!?? It's Beck magic - long may it last ;)

Nice one hun...gotta love the Beckmeister!!
x

Honestly - I'm sitting here with a box of chocolates next to me and I have only had one - and don't even feel it calling to me!!?? It's Beck magic - long may it last ;)

Blimey, don't push it Alli, feed then to your OH quick! Pity they are poisonous to dogs! Great to see you so chipper! xx

Back