Alli's 2011 "Head stuff" diet

Morning all!

It's day 6 of Beck and day 7 of WW and it's still going well. The chocolates are back in the cupboard and will not come out again until tonight!

I'm off today so will have to be extra careful as I normally struggle when at home - especially if I haven't got a busy schedule. I'm picking the children up later but until then I'm just going to take it easy. Still suffering from a cold and drinking gallons of echinacea tea!

The macaroons were eaten yesterday at our team meeting. I should have realised that they are a bit girly for a room full of blokes :D. They all enjoyed them but didn't appreciate the prettyness of them at all - they were literally gone in a second. All that work :rolleyes: Still better in their bellies and not mine.

Day 6 of Beck talks about getting a diet coach. I'm using a diary here and not sure whether that is enough. I have friends I could ask but not sure if I want to at this point. Will think about it for a few days as the person who is most suitable is away for a few days anyway.

Anyway - must go and have a shower and get out of my PJs. Will check in later.

Morning all!

Day 6 of Beck talks about getting a diet coach. I'm using a diary here and not sure whether that is enough. I have friends I could ask but not sure if I want to at this point. Will think about it for a few days as the person who is most suitable is away for a few days anyway.
Alli, I got a bit stuck on a diet buddy too. I came to the conclusion that minis friends were my diet buddies and you all earned your corn last weekend, that's for sure. People have a habit, I find, of scuppering you at every given opportunity, making out they are on your side, when in reality they are secretly hoping you will fail, so they look/feel better. It would have to be someone you could really trust, someone that would want you to succeed as much as you did. Hope you find a good and supportive person and if not..........I'm available :D

On the Beck diet buddy, I was working on minis friends being it as well? And now that lots of us are doing the same thing it should work, I think. If we want help/advice/chat that we don't want on the boards for any reason, the PM thing gives us a chance to talk off-screen as well... I am hoping that is enough, as I don't have anyone local I could ask, that's the whole reason I am on minis to start with.

Next time, we'll have those macaroons! Men, pah!

Happy Wednesday Alli, glad it is all going so well!

xxx

Yep, agree with Katy and Chels. I like to keep my 'dieting life' and my own separate, mainly because I have bored everyone (but much more myself) rigid with it all for years and also that I don't want to make too much 'dieting fuss' in front of my 4 young daughters. So you lot get it all instead and I'm very grateful to you! And as Katy says there's always PM'ing if needs be. xx

Yep, agree with Katy and Chels. I like to keep my 'dieting life' and my own separate, mainly because I have bored everyone (but much more myself) rigid with it all for years and also that I don't want to make too much 'dieting fuss' in front of my 4 young daughters. So you lot get it all instead and I'm very grateful to you! And as Katy says there's always PM'ing if needs be. xx
I know what you mean Bess, I get the 'glazed expressions' when I talk about dieting and really don't want to be going on and on about it anymore, not in 'real life' anyway so its minis for me all the way......and beyond. I love all the banter and the support. My nearest and dearest know that I am doing CD but apart from that, no-one knows and why should they? Like I said earlier, a lot of people just want you to fail, start wafting all sorts of cakes under your nose etc., why give them a chance to derail you? We are all rooting for each other here... a priceless network of like-minded, fab ladies. Love it.

Morning Alli, good luck with your day off and have fun..... still waiting for my Beck book, sounds like it is working for you too and I guess we can all be diet buddies.....

Morning all,

So the whole diet buddy chapter in Beck rattled me a little bit - I'm not sure why, maybe it's my resistance to ask for help with things. The end result is that I ate too much yesterday. It's not the end of the world and I will be back on plan today but it shows how powerful our sabotaging thoughts can be :eek:

TOTM arrived yesterday as well which didn't help - I always eat like a lunatic on day 1 so am glad it's over. Feeling sore and lethargic today (always to at the beginning of TOTM) so will plan my day out carefully to avoid going off plan again.

Hope you are well - I didn't catch up on your diaries yesterday as I was too busy buying food and eating it :rolleyes:.

Will probably spend quite a bit of time on here today - I have a few errands to run but that's about it.

Have a great Thursday!

Morning all,

So the whole diet buddy chapter in Beck rattled me a little bit - I'm not sure why, maybe it's my resistance to ask for help with things. The end result is that I ate too much yesterday. It's not the end of the world and I will be back on plan today but it shows how powerful our sabotaging thoughts can be :eek:

TOTM arrived yesterday as well which didn't help - I always eat like a lunatic on day 1 so am glad it's over. Feeling sore and lethargic today (always to at the beginning of TOTM) so will plan my day out carefully to avoid going off plan again.

Hope you are well - I didn't catch up on your diaries yesterday as I was too busy buying food and eating it :rolleyes:.

Will probably spend quite a bit of time on here today - I have a few errands to run but that's about it.

Have a great Thursday!
Understand completely Alli about the diet buddy thing. That is why you lovely lot got the job :D Don't fret about yesterday too much, totm does horrible things to us. It's in the past now. I am sure you will have a better day toda x

Alli, I bet totm had a bigger part to play than you think... I know those pesky hormones are often my undoing, and I never seem to understand until afterwards! The diet buddy - we are doing a pretty brilliant job I think, and the fact that we are all reading Beck means we are not going to let each other off the hook if something goes wrong - quiet, no-fuss, honest support - but no judging, ever. Ms beck herself seems very calm and positive, and never seems to come over all preachy or heavy or judgemental as diet gurus very often do, from the over-eating sciency-experts right down to Nerys & India.

We are here for each other, we are very lucky and we all know it... yep, that really is something special.

xxx

We are here for each other, we are very lucky and we all know it... yep, that really is something special.

xxx

You are so right - we are really lucky to have such a lovely community of friends on here!

I feel fine today so whatever the reason - I think the wobble is over :)

You are so right - we are really lucky to have such a lovely community of friends on here!

I feel fine today so whatever the reason - I think the wobble is over :)

Good, glad you are brighter today. Hormones have a lot to answer for I think. I wish my wobbly bits were over, well gone! I am sticking with SW 100%, mindful of your advice about portions and recording everything I eat. I feel full all the time and haven't managed always to eat those healthy extras, so I have had them for breakfast today to make sure I get them in. I find it so hard to believe that I'm not going to put weight on, let alone lose it, eating like this.

Afternoon Alli, so yesterday you weren't happy with what you ate but today you are back on track, what more can you ask.... brilliant. I think we are all improving as a binge now doesn't tend to extend to a week long binge etc, we are all putting it behind us and moving on which I think is excellent. My Beck book turned up today so will be reading along with everyone else...... not a subtle colour is it.... ha ha

Thanks All - back on track and happy today :) It's hard to be anything but when the weather is so brilliant! Took Molly for a long walk this morning over the fields and she had a lovely play with a couple of greyhounds - in fact she wore them out completely :D. Then I took Poppy out up and down our little road as she still can't go out properly (needs 2nd jab first). She hasn't got a clue how to walk on lead, but she looks adorable as she jumps around and waves her tail at anything and anyone!

Went to the village and had coffee and biscotti with a friend and then home for lunch. Kids are out this afternoon and a neighbour has just asked if she could "borrow" Molly for an hour to go to the park with her dog - so now it's just Poppy and I at home and she's fast asleep - result!! Will have a search online for a spring coat as I desperately need one....any suggestions?

That sounds like a lovely day Alli. What a difference a bit of sunshine makes eh? xx

It really does and it was a lovely day. A friend came over with a bottle of wine and we had a good old gossip all night. Unfortunately my common sense drained away with the wine and I ate way too much but it was worth it. Have a sore head this morning though as I don't do red wine!

Your new profile pic is lovely!

Morning Alli, have a fab day... hope the head is better soon!

xxx

Back