Attack Allowable foods not included in book?

Can you please post me ideas of any foods here not listed in the book but allowable in attack

Don't want to be missing out on other foods I could have :)

Notice people eating turkey rashers?
Am I allowed soy sauce and balsamic vinegar?
And can I use any granulated sweetener? Or only certain brands?
Thanks xx

As far as I know there are no other foods allowed on attack. Anyway, the few days on attack pass so fast there's no point in trying to look elsewhere. With eggs, fish, dairy and meat plus oatbran you should be fine. Soy sauce is very salty which can stop you losing water. I waited till cruise for it. Balsamic vinegar is ok, as it says in the book. If you've not bought the book you'd be well advised to do so as the guidance in there helps you understand the principles of the diet.

im trying to do shopping now for the week ahead so i guess i need a list for cruise too

i have got the books but just see some people on here mentioning different things that i didnt know were allowed

can anyone tell me about turkey rashers, granulated sweeteners and if this yoghurt is ok?

Cookies Detecting!

can anyone tell me about turkey rashers, granulated sweeteners and if this yoghurt is ok?

Onken yoghurt - only the fat-free natural version. None of the flavoured ones. Any other brand Natural fat-free is also fine.

Turkey Rashers, fine for the fat content but not advisable on a regular basis because very salty but probably allowed in small amounts. I've never had it so don't know. What other aded ingredients does it have?

Granulated sweetener - If you mean Splenda, Canderel et al - then YES.

It's confusing when you see a fat free strawberry yoghurt and think you can have it but it has sugar in lol will stick to the natural fat free one. Which flavouring is ok? I think I'm to steer away from ones with alcohol and oil in?
Is this one ok?
Cookies Detecting!

I will steer clear of the turkey rashers

The sweetener I'm using contains:

low calorie aspartame based table top sweetener. Use artificial sweeteners to replace some sugar if it helps reduce your total energy intake and control your weight

Ingredients
Maltodextrin , Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid) , Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Aspartame) , Aspartame contains a source of Phenylalanine .

Other information

Storage
Store in a cool, dry place.

Nutritional Values
Typical values 100g Teaspoon
Energy 1539kJ/375kcal 9kJ/2kcal
Protein 1.4g Trace
Carbohydrate 92.3g. 0.5g
Sugars. 7.3g Trace
Fat 0g 0g
Saturates 0g 0g
Fibre 0g 0g
Sodium. 0.02g Trace
Salt Equivalent 0.04g Trace

This ok? X

Honestly, I don't have a list of food that I can and cannot eat. I just make sure that I eat in small amounts. In fact, I eat 4-5 times per day. ;) But of course, in very small portions.

You can try that if you want to. Just be sure you take plenty of water during the day.

The Dukan diet works on a different system, not how little you eat but the metabolism and how it manages different food groups. That is why it is based on proteins only for half of the time, with selected vegetables joining the proteins for the other half of the time. Carbohydrates, fats and sugars are kept to the minimum. If you want to know why, see the thread on this diet section "Carbs, fats an Gary Taubes' analysis". Or read Dr Dukan's book. Eating less just doesn't work in the long term for most overweight people unless you've only a very few pounds to shift, as it's likely to go straight back on within the year.

Honestly, I don't have a list of food that I can and cannot eat. I just make sure that I eat in small amounts. In fact, I eat 4-5 times per day. ;) But of course, in very small portions.

You can try that if you want to. Just be sure you take plenty of water during the day.

I'm glad this approach works for you, and wish you all success in your journey.

But this really isn't a very helpful answer to someone who is asking a specific question about the Dukan diet in a Dukan diet forum.

Thanks people. Can anyone answer my above post? X

Sorry - I didn't realise there were still unanswered questions in the post.

With falvouring - yes, you should try to avoid alcohol and oil, but you will be using only a few drops each time, so (in my opinion) its not worth losing sleep over if.

What is the brand name of the sweetener you are using?

I'm sorry - that link just leads to a list of 25 different sweeteners sold by Asda, so I can't tell which one you mean...

Sorry I think it's because I'm on my phone

It's the ASDA Granulated Sweeteners (70g) for 91p
The one with the red lid x

I checked the details and it looks fine - it's basically Candarel in disguise, (and half the price!)

Back