*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

This looks awesome, you're so clever Ermintrude! Now not to be a Buzz Killington, but has anyone double-checked this with their SW leader? I might have missed if someone has said they have, but I just want to make sure before I go crazy and start eating it by the bowl :D

This looks awesome, you're so clever Ermintrude! Now not to be a Buzz Killington, but has anyone double-checked this with their SW leader? I might have missed if someone has said they have, but I just want to make sure before I go crazy and start eating it by the bowl :D

I expect it will be counted as syns if you use it on its own or in large quantities etc but will be fine as part of a meal. The usual 'food abuse' roolz will apply :cool:

Homemade Cheese

Hi Ermintrude,
Just read your post on home-made cheese, it sounds great, will definately be making it. Thanks for sharing this with us.:D
Bessie

I don't think I will ever understand food abuse rules as I could quite easily and have eaten a tub of yoghurt in a day so I wouldnt see a problem with making the cheese and eating it over say 2/3 days and if its 1.5 syns just count it as 1.5 syns per day. Maybe, well thats what I would do xx

0% fat Total yogurt

wonderful recipe and I've just made it with 100% fat free total yogurt and it was fantastic!

I had chives and garlic and will be using it for my jacket potato.

Many thanks for the recipe. :D

This is seriously Good, made it twice now once with garlic n chilli then rolled it in chopped parsley and another batch with black pepper,, I used a damp clean teatowel, hung it from banana tree ...
Thanks for sharing

another thing to try so guess what I am gonna be rooting out this eve: "old tights oh old tights where fore art thou!" lol
Thanks ermintude!

evilpenguin said:
I still need to try this. I look for muslin cloth in every supermarket I go to but can never find it, think I'll use tights and try this next week :) I love the sound of those mini cheesecakes mmmmm.. :drool:

For muslin. Try the baby isle. I made this using a clean one of my sons and worked wonders

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

This is really nice :D I used a small tub of ff greek style yogurt from asda, mixed in some dried thyme and parsley, black pepper and half clove of garlic (which was a bit too much lol) put it the muslin lined sieve and mine turned out like a soft cheese, not crumbly i dunno if it didnt dry out enough but either way its lovely, just had some on my salad for lunch, only needed a little bit cus i slipped with the garlic lol but its adds lots of flavour to my salad :D Thanks for recipe!

Hiya, i was just wondering if it would have the same effect mixing in the garlic herbs and spices to quark? Or if it tastes better made with the total yogurt? Thanks xx laura

Back