*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

Thanks I'll do that. It does look like it's supposed to so hopefully it will be fine once I get home and take it out. :)
Not sure how no liquid has come out though, as long as its hanging and able to drip the liquid must come out!! Strange. Unless its a thick cloth and has just soaked it up??

Could be that. I'll post a pic later.

Last time I made it liquid came out but I used a big tub - this was only a small tub!

ah, maybe the bottom of the sieve or whatever you are using to hold the wrapped yogurt is touching the base of the tub? That would stop it coming out i would think.

I use a muslin square to make mine and because there's plenty of fabric it just soaks all the liquid up!

I make mine with 500g total 0% Greek yogurt with 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried chives, 1 tsp garlic salt, a pinch white pepper. It makes a Boursin style one.

I've got this in the fridge right now!! Went for a small pot of the 0% just in case it was a waste. I put cracked black pepper, dried crispy garlic and a little squeeze of lemon juice in. I can't wait to try it. I will be taking it to work tomorrow to top my scan bran with at lunch. All being well of course!! I have to say I licked the spoon after mixing it
and that alone tasted soooo yummy.

Mmm

thanks for raising awareness and championing this Daz and everyone. It may just change my life. I am such a cheese addict.

I've tried this cheese and have to say, it tasted amazing, I just put salt, pepper and oregano, it reminded me of sooth version of Feta. Thanks for the other ideas ie the garlic, and chilli, I will be trying those this week for sure xx

Here it is in all it's non dripping glory lol

image-2885234313.jpg

Tastes ok so I won't complain. I used half a clove of garlic and some parsley. Next time I'm planning to try roasting some onions and red pepper to mix in.

Got some left over that really needs to be used up before it goes off.
Thought of using it in a pasta dish - some sort of carbonara.
Any other suggestions?

Got some left over that really needs to be used up before it goes off.
Thought of using it in a pasta dish - some sort of carbonara.
Any other suggestions?

Just on a jacket, or with beans and jacket, on a ham salad (i had that lunch time with the flesh stripping garlic and cheese version). Mixed into mashed potato.

Have got some of this in the fridge,used Tesco every day value low fat natural yoghurt 500g,and added salt,garlic granules and some parsley.
Does anyone know how many syns this would be ,it says 65cals per 100g,but working that out on the 20 cals per 1 syn rule,it seems rather a lot ?

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have got some of this in the fridge,used Tesco every day value low fat natural yoghurt 500g,and added salt,garlic granules and some parsley.
Does anyone know how many syns this would be ,it says 65cals per 100g,but working that out on the 20 cals per 1 syn rule,it seems rather a lot ?

Basic, value, low fat yogurt, natural, 1 syn per 100g.

Thanks for that dazd,that sounds a lot better,can't wait to try it :)

Just on a jacket, or with beans and jacket, on a ham salad (i had that lunch time with the flesh stripping garlic and cheese version). Mixed into mashed potato.

Had a look in the cupboard - no pasta!
(note to self - put it on the shopping list!)
But I have got 2 baking potatoes left.
So no spending today! :)

That`ll be good for the January Money Challenge!!

Here's my first attempt,and tastes just like garlic and herb Philadelphia :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 87
Back