*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

Have got some of this in the fridge,used Tesco every day value low fat natural yoghurt 500g,and added salt,garlic granules and some parsley.
Does anyone know how many syns this would be ,it says 65cals per 100g,but working that out on the 20 cals per 1 syn rule,it seems rather a lot ?

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Tesco Everyday Value Nat Yogurt 500g is FREE

IT USED TO BE FREE --------- NOW ON-LINE SAYS 5 FOR 500G - SORRY

Well Daz when I first started buying it I checked on sw site and it was free. For a 45p 500g pot of nat yogurt that was fantastic.
After I put that it was free I thought had best recheck because others that were free now have syns. Therefore my retraction.

It only took you one mnute to reply. Have to check syns wth you all the tme eh?:p

There is of course a Greek style natural yogurt which is fat free so synless. Not sure of the availability though, i know the asda here is useless for stuff like this.

My jacket spud with the remains of my garlic & herb cheese was really scrummy!!

Making some more cheese but can`t decide on a flavour!! :)

My jacket spud with the remains of my garlic & herb cheese was really scrummy!!

Making some more cheese but can`t decide on a flavour!! :)

Nice with cranberries. Had some on a ham salad earlier, along with a jacket spud and prawns in home made seafood sauce.

i shall see what other flavours i can find.

chillis and crushed black peppercorns

stem ginger

herbs and garlic

Chives

pickled onion (like the sound of this)

caraway seeds

nettles (hmmm???? lol)

chillis and crushed black peppercorns

stem ginger

herbs and garlic

Chives

pickled onion (like the sound of this)

caraway seeds

nettles (hmmm???? lol)

Nettles!! Well I suppose that`s one way of getting your vitamins!! :D

Pineapple sounds good.
Homemade seafood sauce? Sounds good.
How do you make that?
Sorry for being nosey!! :D

Nettles!! Well I suppose that`s one way of getting your vitamins!! :D

Pineapple sounds good.
Homemade seafood sauce? Sounds good.
How do you make that?
Sorry for being nosey!! :D

Its not nosey, its sharing knowledge ;)

Very easy, although will need to count syns i suppose if you are strict on the plan.

Equal amounts of (lighter than light) mayo to tomato ketchup. Add a dash of lemon juice (im a heathen and have the bottle version, don't use lemon enough to waste real ones) then sprinkle some paprika on top once served. Tastes as good as the more expensive, preprepped jars of it.

I loved my cheese with dried crispy garlic and cracked black pepper. I think my muslin was a bit tight knit as it didn't drain a huge amount of whey and the consistency was just like Philadelphia. So ironically better for spreading. I shared a bit with a colleague who is french and so, stereotypically, is an expert on cheese and garlic ;) and she loved it. It was VERY garlicky though and whilst I like that a LOT I wouldn't be so sure about having that variety at work haha. I'll be finishing it off on a jacket spud with my chicken tonight. Yum.

I have another batch brewing in the fridge as we speak... Trying garlic powder and a sprinkle of garlic granules with parsley and black pepper... smells lovely! :)

Thanks again Daz for leading us here! x

Its not nosey, its sharing knowledge ;)

Very easy, although will need to count syns i suppose if you are strict on the plan.

Equal amounts of (lighter than light) mayo to tomato ketchup. Add a dash of lemon juice (im a heathen and have the bottle version, don't use lemon enough to waste real ones) then sprinkle some paprika on top once served. Tastes as good as the more expensive, preprepped jars of it.

Sounds yum!

Thanks for that!! :)

Back