Aloize's Diary

Thanks Mousey.

So today was actually really good and I feel really positive and motivated. Watched Fat, sick and nearly dead the documentary to motivate me and it worked.
Also attempted to make my horrible raspberry porridge pack into a biscuit as per a post on here. However, I burned the first batch and when I finally cooked them right, they were vile, just like the porridge. I guess I'll be chucking those then.

Day16

11:30am maple syrup pancakes-love these. feels like I'm having a treat.
5pm spag bol pack
9pm cookies and cream bar

drinks-tea, coke zero and water

Here's hoping all days are as easy as this one.

Glad you had a good day! I did too. Funnily enough I couldn't get along with the spag bol and the daal so have swapped my packs of those with someone who had sweeter items. Had to throw away both of them when I made them though. Decided this diet is tough enough without struggling through something I don't like!

I've seen that, he's quite inspirational.

Glad you're feeling good and powering through!

Day 17

Not as great as yesterday and really had the munchies tonight. Just wanted to have the feeling of eating something. It took all my willpower not to finish my son's toast.

Managed to stay on track but probably haven't had enough water today.

10:30am-choc shake (lighterlife ready made)

3pm- sweet and sour noodles-much better this time as added garlic and chilli powder

6.30pm- dahl pot- not very keen so only had 3 mouthfuls then had a strawberry jam bar.

Happy Monday!

Really wanted to eat again tonight. Must be an emotional thing as shouldn't be hungry in ketosis. Had some Quorn chicken pieces.

Day 18

9:30 choc shake
1pm spag bol
6:30pm lemon bar

Thanks guys. I didn't get chance to post yesterday as so tired. I went to bed at 8pm and missed my last pack.

Today has been ok but a bit stressed this week at work. It took me 2.5 hours to get in yesterday due to traffic. I really wanted to eat something naughty. I managed to recognise I was just doing it because I was stressed. It's my default reaction to any emotion. I guess I self medicate with food. Wish I could be one of those people who has no appetite when stressed out. Looking forward to the weekend though and tomorrow is my day off so hopefully I can calm down and spend quality time with my little boy.

Day 20

8am- cereal pack- ugh this was so sweet I couldn't even eat half of it. yuk
12pm- shepherds pie pack
4pm-jam and yogurt bar
7pm-sweet and sour pack-this one is growing on me

Hope everyone else had a good day.

I weighed in this morning at 16st2.5lbs so Ive lost 5lbs this week. I am really shocked as was hoping for 3. I guess the meals aren't affecting weight loss (yet). I feel really motivated to stay on track as every re-start I've tried since CD whether its WW or SW or VLCD, Ive never got past 10lbs. I feel different this time like it's actually achievable.

Still unsure about add a meal week as I know it is recommended on this diet and some people say it boosts their weight loss the next week while others say it can stall it. I want to stay in Keto so going to check out some of the recipes on here. I already have skimmed milk in my tea so probably add extra 50-100kals a day with that already.

Day 22
Breakfast- raspberry and blueberry panckes- yummy but not quite as yummy as the maple syrup ones
Lunch-pea, ham and mushroom soup- wish I#d ordered more as the only soup I like
Dinner-planning on trying the exante diet pizza mix or the burger mix potentially with lettuce and cucumber for the add a meal calories. Think it might be a bit dry though without any sauce.

Here's hoping week 4 is successful. I'm aiming for 2-3lb loss which will bring my total to 20lbs for January.

Fantastic loss Aloize - really well done :0clapper:

I'm undecided about the meal week myself

......I understand the reason for it, but I'm scared it will be a slippery slope for me as I'm so 'in the zone' at the minute o_O

Difficult to know what to do :rolleyes:

Hi Darcy,

Yes I think it could be a slippery slope too. It may too hard to go back to 3 packs per day after having "real food". Also, I think little extras could creep in if I don't measure everything exactly. I like this diet because I know exactly how many cals I'm having and that I've got all my vitamins.

Great loss Aloize.

Hi Guys

Warning food talk!

So I have started doing the add a meal week with a cautious eye on the scales. Ive been counting my skimmed milk in tea and then adding some spinach, cottage cheese and celery/cucumber to meals. So far so good and it was nice with my exante diet pizza on Saturday. We'll see what the scales say on Saturday. Hopefully it will boost my weight loss for next week. I still feel really focused. It has also improved the bathroom trips :oops:

Anyway, having a panic as I have a meal out on Friday and just looked at the menu. The only thing I can see that's remotely low carb and vegetarian is a Whipped feta, roasted butternut squash, caraway beetroot, rocket + toasted almond salad. I thought I could ask for it with no dressing and no butternut squash. What do you think?

Hope everyone having a great start to the week.

I should think you could do that, or pick around the butternut squash - butternut isn't spectacularly high in carbs anyway. Both low carb and vegetarian can be tricky to pull off when eating out as people just throw pasta at vegetarians. You're doing brilliantly.

Thanks Mousey. I'm going to go and have the salad and enjoy it and not worry too much.

Enjoy your meal out. And well done on your losses so far x

Thank you

Back