Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Thanks Lisa ... Very wise!

Have now got some coconut oil ... Have dipped a spoon into the tub and it's quite tasty! Seems to have lots of good properties so will see if it makes any difference.

I've also bought some fish oil capsules from 7 seas... I'll be rattling soon... :)

Thank you Bren ! It's really great to have everyone's support on here... It means a lot! :)

Can't wait for my coconut oil to arrive, apparently it's quite tasty on its own?

Fancy frying chicken in it mmmm :D

Yes I think it definitely has potential Susie ... I bought minion Amazon lol

Does it smell like that sun tan lotion? That would put me right off Di

Hi Jim... mine's only got a faint smell, thankfully, as I'm definitely not keen on the intense suntan lotion smell at all! lol. It's made by Nutiva - organic extra virgin. I thought I should give it a go. :)

OK<report back then please :)

I certainly shall Jim!... :)

:character00148:

Evening :D

Hey Katie! :)

Morning:)

I'm working in Hammersmith today so I loaded up my bag with 2 Atkins shakes and a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce. I've been caught out with no food and no prep in this office before as the shops are miles away and it's hard to leave the office during the day. Then I end up getting home all weak and starving and eating rubbish!

I'm feeling more focused than ever this week - might have something to do with the weight dropping a bit. lol (funny that!)

My bra now fits without feeling tight and current clothes, although not loose, certainly feel very comfortable! However, I have a range of clothes sizes in my cupboards - so won't need to spend money on anything for a while yet... I think I was about a size 32 or 30 or 34 (although you never quite know as clothes vary so much from make and cut - particularly at the big end of the scale) and I think now I'm a size 28 (going on 26 at a squeeze) - so it's all going in the right direction.

The knees are calming down a little - thank the lord - so very slowly I'm starting to feel more human again! :D

I really don't know whether I'd have gotten this far without you guys here... I tend to have a short attention span and give up fairly easily on most things - so this is a miracle. The weight loss is slow - I've been on the diet since 10th May and not yet lost 2st - although it's mighty close now! But, as you've all said - very sensibly - it's not about speed!

So, :lilkiss::love: to you all...

Di xx

ps.. I usually read posts and reply via iPod which doesn't allow for me to click the 'like' button - it's not that I'm a miserable old git who doesn't like anything ! lol

To lose almost 10% of your body weight since May is phenominal (sp? but I wanted to use that word). You are doing so well! I totally agree that coming on here really helps as you are talking to other people that understand the desire to lose weight, whereas others might give advice or make comments that leave you fuming like in the "Fat experiences" thread in the general weightloss discussion, I love that thread. I am pleased that your knees are feeling a little better. My MiL has arthritis is one knee and wanted to lose some weight to help with that but she has fallen off the wagon. She has even stopped coming over here as I think she doesn't want to tell me in case I might be disappointed or something. I find this a bit strange really as when you fall off you only really fall off completely when you stop trying, and you've said there are times when you eat rubbish, me too syrup sponge and custard the other week, but its the getting back on thats the real test of will. You are doing so well. Keep going :party0019:

Lovely post Rach ... thank you! x

Oh Di I echo everything Rach says, you are doing really brilliantly and I'm so pleased you are starting to feel the benefits in your clothes and especially your knees! I'm heavier than you and know how hard it can be to get around when you have pain (martyr to my feet lol).

If it helps, I've been trying to analyse why I fell off the wagon so spectacularly, and I think it's because I didn't set myself achievable mini goals and allowed myself to get really downhearted at the big figure.

There were also too many nights out and too many sore heads the next day, then too many excuses not to get organised with food for the next day and then no reason not to go to the Greggs or lovely patisserie down the road. As a result, I've put on nearly all of the three stone I lost last year.

The old me would have beaten myself up emotionally bigtime about this and then reached for the wine - but I know I need to do what Jim did and just have one night out a week, enjoy it thoroughly and then get back on stream.

Like you, I have found the encouragement and support here to be really amazing, and I'd forgotten just how much a part of my life it has become. When Katie and I were chatting at my birthday party, a friend was smiling because she said it sounded like another language - but then was really positive about the support and help we can give each other - without a telling off if the wagon slipping happens :D

So, I'm here for you, hun, and if you ever want to meet up or ring just let me know xxx

Morning Di :)

Thanks SO much Susie for a really lovely post... small goals are very sensible - and I think I'll divide my journey up into bite sized chunks!

So, my next goal is to get to 250lbs!! lol

I've just scoffed down the tinned mackerel I brought today with loads of water and now I feel stuffed (well, my tum is stuffed but the neck and mouth could still eat, of course!) lol

You've done so well to keep so positive Susie - and I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world to beat the food/wine demons!!

I think I've got it easy this time as the knees have given me a serious wake up call - no room to wiggle out of doing this! So I really feel for you! In my yoof, I sort of just managed with life without having to worry too much about size and weight (although I've yo yo'd through lots of false start diets in my time)... but avoiding going swimming, and checking out tables at crowded restaurants, and all the other hang ups I've acquired over the years are very annoying, and depressing - you get very good at forward planning and avoiding things that sound too difficult or exposing!!...
:sigh:

ok, I admit it, I'm a fruitcake!

Anyway, would love to meet up too... :)
x

Hello Jim... hope you're having a lovely day! :)

my tum is stuffed but the neck and mouth could still eat, of course!) lol

LMAO we all know that feeling - wish I could buy a "Stop Eating Now" button for my brain :D and know exactly what you mean about forward planning - I can scan a restaurant at 200 paces and know whether the chair is going to hold me up or not :D

I like your mini target - although you've got a closer one of 28 lbs :)

Would love to meet up - will PM you my details.

Hi Di, great post and pleased that you are seeing the results :D

I would echo the ideas for mini goals - some that have helped me:
Every 5kg (which im using!) i get to go buy something pretty in east or monsoon
Every 2.5 kg in between - i go back through my clothes and discover that another few items miraculously fit once more
Whenever i have a sts - i measure the inches lost
Whenever the clothes look really big and droopy - i make sure i have something that fits. Wierd to suddenly care how i look after all these years but keeps me legal! So i do a run to tesco and m&s for cheap item to tide me over if not yet at the minigoal point
I have an atkins bar and other lo carb goodies as dessert at weekends if ive lost weight
Etc!!!

As the weight melts off you are going to be so great at being nice to you! Why wait - start practicing now:D
Xxx

Excellent ideas.

I also (for the first time in years) went and had a look at dresses online to look for outfits in sizes 20, 18 and 12. Something to dream about/aim for :D

Back