Alpen light bars no longer a HE(B) and instead 3.5 syns?!!

I really wouldnt panic, HEB's are only ever discontinued to use as HE's when manufacturers change the recipe (which they can do so at any time at thier discretion of course) and it may be that, for example with a HEB, it doesnt contain enough fibre, etc to make it benificial to the sw plan.

However, unless it is taken off the website, i wouldnt panic- and they cant just 'ban' alpens because sales of hifis are down.. thats just silly! and i highly doubt, for one minute.. that margeret is sat on her yaht, named syns, saying she ought to ban alpens because the sales of hifi's is causing havoc with her bankaccount! - sw, like ww is a world wide organisation, and just because one group may not be selling enough hifis, that makes no difference to her or them- only the consultant.. so if your friend IS right, and her C told her they arnt and the theory of hifi sales is the case, then if it can be proved.. sw ought to be informed because its wrong.

Now, please dont think im ranting or nagging- but if there is confusion over syns or changes in HE's .. just becarful how you post about it, because from the title of this thread it sounds as if its hard facts, and for new members to this forum who still are getting to grips with the plan.. this could be really confusing and damaging to them and their journey.

im done now :D

Surely IF they have been banned them as a HE ( which i doubt) i agree that if they have been fine up until now, i would not stop having them as a HE.
I have just looked up the syn values on the SW online and they are all listed as 3 syns

While we're still allowed to eat Alpen Light bars :)D) the choc / fudge ones are yummy if you put them in the microwave (obviously in a bowl not in their wrapper :p) for about 15 seconds. All gooey and yum!

Even if they suddenly wern't a HE anymore (which actually speaking of changing recipe, has anyone noticed theyv become an awfully lot crumblier!?) - anyone whos been eating them long enough, most C's will say you can get away with carrying on.. untill you find they may be slowing your losses etc. Its usually the sudden lack of fibre that changes whether they are a HE, so if your bodys used to it the only side affect maybe youl be hungry quicker.

quite honestly, whether they'r a healthy extra any longer or not, il be eating them, day in day out like usual, but for me.. this still hasnt been verified by HQ, and as much as we'd like to trust our C's- we all make mistakes, get things wrong and communication does break down, they'r only human too.

dont panic people.

yeah fern ive noticed that they are more crumbly now....thats weird isnt it i was only thinking that yesterday whilst i was collecting 'apple and sultana alpen light' crumbs from the couch lol

they're only about 70 calories each anyway, surely having 2 a day can't cause that much damage? (and we've all been eating them as HeB and have been losing weight!)

Back