Always wanted to be a size 16 now buying 14's!!

Hi everyone

I weighed in last Thursday at 18st 9lb. Will update on Thursday again this week.

Looking ok.

I have been easing myself into exante. I have had shakes and protein only if I've needed it.

Yesterday had a bagle and some chocolate, emotional eating! ANd today all I had was a tin of tuna and salad and then just had a bagle with chicken and a ww bar!

Tomorrow going to do shakes and protein only. Felt great but bl***y emotions getting in the way.

Hubby just pointed out to me that I need to remember how emotional I get over being over weight and to think of that when I feel like emotional eating! Good point x

Hope everyone is ok and it's good to be back x

Last edited:
Never stuck to exante like I said I was going to.

Back to healthy eating tomorrow. getting weighed tonight.

Sick of this, trying and failing all the time. Change of plan I think. My diary is pathetic. Weigh more than January 2011 when I started this diary.

Need to get in a routine and exercise and stop messing around.

I need to realise it's not going to happen without any effort. Think Iif I do exante or such like I dont need to exercise but then I feel crap.

So plan is, healthy diet and plenty of exercise. Have a week off next week so no excuses to get back into it "AGAIN".

Will report back tomorrow with updated weight. Not looking forward to that.

hello honey

as you know, your mind has got to be in the right place for this dieting malarkey...i have GOT to give myself a wee prep talk and a bit of a build up before actualy going for it 100%!..you sound like one determined lady..don't fear those scales tomorrow..it will be the last time they will ever give you a high result..you'll never see those numbers again hun!

good luck, keep posting, i miss you when you are not on here! :)

Hi Size 16 - hope you don't mind have just read your whole diary (my toddler son is not impressed, he wanted to go out and play but I was engrossed!). The one thing I really love about it is that you have never once, not in the whole year or so, stopped trying. Your determination really impresses me. I can relate to swinging between different diets. I yo yo between Atkins and S World all the time, wanting the quick fix of low carb and not feeling hungry then desperate for pasta which is my absolute favourite food. At the moment am pregnant so luckily the choice has been made for me as I don't think Atkins is safe when pg.

Anyway, I noticed that you seem your happiest and most positive when you are exercising and trying out new sports (that's how it comes across anyway) Have you thought about making that your focus? Like a 5k run or sponsored cycle or something? Only suggest it as depriving yourself of food seems to make you miserable and you come across like someone who really deserves to be happy. I got really wound up about my eating habits once and went to see a counsellor who asked me to list not what I'd eaten per se, but what I'd done positively for my body that week, e.g exercised, danced around to music, ate 100% of RDA vitamins etc. It was a new way of looking at it and it helped me. I realised that even though I was overweight I was worth treating properly.

This might not be your sort of thing at all, but I thought I'd mention it. Hope you're having a good day - look after yourself xx

Aww Hun don't get too down! You can do this! Just take a day to muster your inspiration, drive and motivation and start slowly.

Keep posting even if it's not just about weight loss. Our weight problems come from our relationship with food and that often comes from all the other stuff going on In our lives. One thing to realise is that you're still here. You've not run off to munch your biscuits. You've come online and proved to us all that you want this!

We are all here for you! I love reading your posts and hearing about your day.

You will get to where you want to be lovely! I promise

Kate xx

Hi everyone

Thanks for the lovely posts, I havent been on for a bit and guess what not followed a diet? Had a full blow out for a couple of weeks. Hubby works away and he has been home and have had my daughters 18th birthday. So basically been lots of drinking and eating crap.

BUT!!! Yesterday I was back on track. Following slimming world (again)....... I have got rid of any form of shake that is in the house. Hatti you are so spot on what you say. They make me miserable.

I have walked to work this morning, takes about 45 minutes and either walking home, or my bike has been stuck in my office for about 6 weeks where I rode it in one day and never took it back home.

So my next plan is slimming world and pleanty of activity. Anything as long as I move each day. My job is basically sat on my backside all day long and not moving. I normally drive to work, drive home then sit on my fat ass again on the settee all night.

The post Hatti wrote has really made me think a bit different and I like it.

Thank you to you all you don't realise how much your posts keep me plodding on, even if I don't get very far.

So weight last Thursday night was 18 stone 10lb. Had a shocking weekend and got on plan yetserday so any loss will be a bonus on Thursday night.

Looking forward to chatting with you all again and hope everyone is doing ok x x

Hi x gd to see you again and gd luck with slimming world :) you have to find the plan that suits you and you haven't given up . I ve been struggling too but back on track now :)

good luck with with next weigh in...hope slimming world works it magic for you, you CAN do it!

I can't do meal replacement drinks either in any shape or form..i know they work for many and i admire those who do it..but i just read pauline quirk has gained 2 stone by returning to solid foods after her lighter life drinks, shakes, soups etc..what a shame, it does happen, but not to everybody!

anyway, good luck again and post as much as poss..i like reading your posts hunx

Hiya, I liked to read your diary and can so relate to the things you say. I struggle with emotional eating and it's so hard sometimes as I can be strong one minute and then my strength of mind has gone the next. I'm coping most of the time now and have got down from a 22 to a 16 since February (with the added help of Orlistat) I think the more I lose, the easier it gets as being able to buy the smaller sizes gives a real positive boost. Good luck to you with your journey, sending lots of positive thoughts your way x x

Thanks again everyone for popping in. Hubby been home nearly 4 weeks and he's back away Tuesday so will get chance to catch up on all your threads.

Well weighed in last night after only 4 days on plan and a horendous weekend and I lost 3.5 pounds!!!

It really spurred me on and am feeling good.

Exercised every day. Drove into work today though the weather here is pants! think it's gonna be like this all weekend.

Will have to do something when I get in, either gym or DVD x

wow it's been so long.

Took some time off the site to try and get my head sorted with this diet lark.

i am the worlds best and worst dieter. Either brilliant or crap!!

Well I am happy to say it;s started shifting, got my head round it and am now 17 pound down and can feel the difference.

Looking forward to catching up with you all x x

Well done! That's amazing. You should feel very proud of yourself indeed...got any tips to share? ;)

Thanks for that.

No secrets I've benn walking for one hour a day, brisk walk. Stopped the gym.

And eating I've cut out white carbs, so no bread, rice pasta orpotato. Been having sweet potato and veg. No biscuits etc. Basically cut the crap!!

Hope it keeps going down x

Hiya Size 16, just spent the past hour reading through your entire diary, and after some ups and downs it's nice to see you back with such a good loss! I think this time it sounds like you're in a better place - no silly fad diets, just exercise and healthy eating. It's definitely the way forward if you want to loose the weight and keep it off, good luck :) x

Back