Am I crazy???

people have been saying "oooh Florida - nothing healthy" but ive been a few times before and you can still make good choices - If im having steak i will have baked potato( hold the sour cream) instead of fries.
Also Its at my mam and dads house they have there so i can definately manage i think

That's really useful, if you struggle in a certain place you could stick to a salad while you're out and then go back and cook up something a bit more substantial but without the syns when you go back to the house.

Don't forget you can request something that's not on the menu and restaurants are more than happy to accommodate. I've asked places to hold back on the oil, butter, cheese etc and in the worst case seen what veg they serve in their dishes and asked to talk to the chef to create something off the menu. If you know where you're eating beforehand it's always good to pop in and give them a bit of notice and they can think of something special to make.

i dont think you're crazy at all! you're being very sensible going down the damage limitation route :) have a fab holiday and as long as you make sensible choices im sure you'll be fine, im a strong believer that preparation and planning is the key ;) xx

Jen, I never "forget about the diet", ever. It's always in the back (or front) of my mind. I may not be 100% following it but when I'm away I always make choices based on the "diet".
For example, I choose not to have bread with each meal, I choose to only have one croissant or danish not my pre SW 3 or 4, I choose to have potatoes instead of chips or roasted veg instead of veg in cheese.
Holidays and life in general are all about choices and you are not mad to make the best choices for yourself.
I honestly don't think we can ever forget about the diet, at any time, it's how we got overweight in the firest place!!

That said, i do overindulge (as you all know!) but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be because I always make one or two good choices.

Go and have a fabulous time hun and enjoy your holiday and your alpen lights!!

Well if you are I must be bonkers as I am not only packing my Alpen lights I am packing my SCALES!!!! lol

I have been on a "shop" for basics to take with us to France, including, porridge, low syn crisps (for when they are all munching away on crisps so I don't feel left out!), I have a couple of tins of Chick Pea Dahl, some low syn pasta & sauces & low syn super noodles!!! I am going along the lines of damage limitation, so the more on plan I can be the less damage I will do :)

sorry to jump thread but what does STS mean!?!?
sorry im a newbie

oh and pink and whites are they the marshmellow things!? are they free?

k thanks xx

not too bad lol

Im off on my hols early tomorrow morning and have decided to take a box each of alpen lights, fibre plus and pink & whites so that i have good things to snack on :p
My mam and sister ( not on SW plan) are saying im mad for taking them and to forget about the diet while im away.
To me I feel if I make some good choices as well as enjoying eating out and drinking etc i will at least limit my damage;)
Am I silly to try and be semi good while im away?

I think it's a very good sign, hon - it shows that what you're learning on SW is becoming a normal part of your everyday life, which is exactly what will get you to goal and keep you there!

Im off on my hols early tomorrow morning and have decided to take a box each of alpen lights, fibre plus and pink & whites so that i have good things to snack on :p
My mam and sister ( not on SW plan) are saying im mad for taking them and to forget about the diet while im away.
To me I feel if I make some good choices as well as enjoying eating out and drinking etc i will at least limit my damage;)
Am I silly to try and be semi good while im away?
Can I ask, what exactly are pink and whites?? Ive seen a few people say they eat these and I have no idea what they are??!!:confused:

I'm doing the same! Going to York for 2 days for my anniversary with the mister and I'm taking some options in my handbag for in the room to save me thinking holiday = fill face with chocolate time!
Got to have a drink while the footies on tommorow, though :) xxx

I think it's a very sensible thing to do! I recently stayed with a friend and I bought Weetabix, banana's, low syn crisps, and yogurts for while I was there. Luckily she eats a lot of fruit, so I didn't have to worry about snacking. I did have a few naughty things, but I think I really limited the damage by being a little prepared :)
Hope you have a fantastic holiday :D And don't let your family 'tell you off' for trying to do your best!!
Kelly.xx

I think you are opting for a really sensible attitude. As someone so rightly said, Slimming World is not a diet, it is a way of life, something we all have to realise and to put into practise to reach target. Of course you can have treats while you are way but all in moderation. You don't want to go and ruin all the hard work that you have put in just for the sake of what - food or drink that you can really do with out.

When I did slimming world a while back I was doing fantastically and then went on holiday to Turkey with my best friend who had been doing SW with me - we had a total blow out, ate everything in sight, came back had put 9lbs on and could never get my head back into SW mode so never went back and gained all the weight I'd lost and some - such a silly mistake that could have so easily been avoided. Having said that, I had a completely different attitude towards the plan back then - I saw it as a way to lose weight then do what I like. I was totally ridgid, had no syns at all, ate the same thing day in and day out for 4 months but was 6 stone lighter at the end of it, such a waste, I'd have been at target for years had I have done things the right way.

Have a great holiday, look for damage limitation, make sensible choices where you can and do treat yourself just in moderation

Alia xxx

It won't be you that looks mad at the airport when you just pay for a coffee and reach into your bag for an Alpen light, while they get ripped off about £2 for a biscuit!!
When I travel I always put a box of them in my travel luggage, as I know I'll want to eat if I'm sitting around doing nothing.

Have a lovely hol!!

x

You will have probably left by the time this is posted but I don't think you are mad taking things to snack on.

We went to florida at Easter and I took some SW friendly goodies for the airport. I then made some wise choices whilst we were there. I also treated myself to non SW friendly foods but combined with the amount of walking and swimming we were doing I only put a pound on during a two week hol so it can be done.

Hi All,

May i ask what pink and whites are? Been doing SW for 8 weeks now and so many of you talk about them yet I have no clue what they are?

Thanks

They are marshmallow things in wafers, and have a low syn value. I havent ever had them though. Lots of people rave about them on here.

Back