Am I getting enough water?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by enoughisenough, 1 June 2008 Social URL.

1. enoughisenough

enoughisenough Full Member

I have drunk and drunk and drunk water until I can't drink anymore but my Ketostix are still showing quite a dark pink. Does this mean I'm dehydrated? Will this be slowing my losses?? Thanks in advance for any answers!!!

M xx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

how much water are you drinking litre wise? The darker purple means you could be a bit dehydrated allright, i dont think it affects the level at which you loose weight at so dont worry on that score

becky x
  4. enoughisenough

I make sure that I am having the four litres then stop counting! Probably another litre or so. The colour on my sticks isn't as dark as the last two colours on the chart though so I suppose it could be worse!

Thanks for your help xx
  5. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

dont get too hung up on ketostix , if its light or dark ketones are ketones . the best test for dehydration that we use in work ( im anurse and the drs do it too ) pinch your skin , if it doesnt go straight back to how it was then ur dry ..... very unlikely thou
  6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

You are having plenty of water so dont worry about it you are doing great :)

7. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

your probably well established in ketosis and burning fat !!!!
  8. enoughisenough

Thanks ladies! Well I've done the "pinch test" and I am definately not dehydrated. Sorry to ask so many questions I just want to make sure I'm getting this right - I'm not doing it for fun!!
  9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

:eek: Aren't you?

It sounds like you are in perfect ketosis as you are in the middle of the colours given. Well done.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.