Total Solution I am really doing this

Hi BlackCat, it's always an adventure when my family travels! when I'm by myself, nothing too bad or exciting happens (just the stars throwing tantrums). But every time it's the family together BAMM something happens, mostly good, sometimes bad - usually aha moments, usually caused by my husband but never mind! :rolleyes:

I usually stick 90% on plan when traveling 2-3 days, past that I can't. What I usually do is have a protein-based breakfast, or plain oatmeal, or I take my bars - not bothered much by breakfasts. Lunch and dinners are protein based as well seafood usually or steak sometimes... with a salad or grilled veggies. I never have dessert (well occasionally I'll have a fruit salad - had one on my birthday), not a fan of cakes and nothing milk based as I'm intolerant - so I stay away from cheeses usually.

When in Sicily, my husband has invited 2 of his cousins the first weekend we get to Taormina (his best friends really and apparently the ONLY thing he planned) - so I don't know what will be happening but probably something wild and off the wall - So when they're around, I eat (and I've planned on pizza since I heard we were going somewhere exactly for that), otherwise they give me a hard time... If I eat what I've planned it helps me stay on course, and since it will be right off of Exante, I won't be able to eat much and I'll have the rest of the week to burn it off - good plan no?

SO are you going to do another VLCD? If so which one? I don't know about the Hut Group, but it's dodgy production, I had to really fight to get my 2 last orders honored and delivered! So many discounts it would be crazy to pay their products full price. I feel like the best bet is ordering whichever new product that comes out as it's the only one they'll have in stock for sure... I don't know about the shakes, but the meals are that way anyway.

Hi all,
I just started TS today, and just wanted to say how helpful this thread has been! I tried Exante a few years ago, but the products have changed a lot! Does anyone have any recommendations? I've just got a few basics to last a week, but perhaps should have had more variety!!
X d

Hi Blondegal, first of all welcome and congratulations for taking the very courageous step as you probably know that vlcds are not for the weak :D

What kind of products do you enjoy? sweet, savory bars or shakes??

Look forward to hearing how your experience goes

Hi enlightenme2,
I am not a particularly fussy eater, and pretty much get on with anything (hence the extra chub)! Although a friend gave me a pack of the shepherds pie and it was horrific! I have a weeks worth of strawberry, chocolate and almond shakes (and a few bars) and will see how I get on.

I am currently placing an order for the low sugar choc shakes, golden syrup porridge, Indian daal pot and jam& yoghurt bars!

Fingers crossed x

Happy holidays enlightenme! I’m sure you’ll have a ball.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and have a fab time!

I edging towards 'Shake That Weight' - came across them recently, never heard of them before and they don't have a place on the Minimins VLCD forum either. Setting aside cost for now -which honestly is a nightmare to compare, especially given the varying discount packages Exante offers, what I like about STW is that on a similar 'Total Solution' plan I can have 4 products, yes the packets are smaller (grams wise) so the cals in them are less too, but what differs (and interests me) is that STW packs are less carby. So I could have 4 STW things and I'd still be consuming less carbs then 3 Exante ones. They have an option to purchase a trial pack for £4.99 so I'm going to do that and see whether I like them or not. Pricewise is much of a muchness - STW discount based on volume.

Enjoy Taormina- had a quick look on google and looks like a fab place to visit. Also nice to hook up with family and a pizza in Sicily is a must have in my book (nom...nom...) will be here to help you get back on track if you need it. I'm really going to do my best to stick with it over the weekend and have warned my hubby to not bring home anything I might want to eat (lol - bless him).

Hi everyone... just popping in to see what’s happening! Kids are having a great time... I had a bit of a scare - but hey I feel even more alive - we went skydiving on Saturday... felt so sick, but in the end it was strangely relieving :D
Not eating like a mad woman but the food is delicious m, esp the seafood and the veggies!! I had 2 arancinis but don’t plan on indulging in anymore.. but goodness they were fab!

@Overtiredmum2017 - I look forward to getting back into ketosis and joining you in losing some of that ridiculous weight!

@BlackCat- I had a quick look at the products and they look good... let me know how they taste... I might just get a couple - I never realized exante had fomuch carbs. Maybe that’s why sometimes I feel like I’m not really in ketosis!

@LAURA - I’m having a ball indeed, the water here is so much clearer than the Mediterranean- I’m in love! Hope you are still in your 100% mode and happily lifting! :D

I’m counting on you guys to keep me straight when I get back... Gish my jeans already feel tight :rolleyes: I think it’s TOM

Have a great week
Xx

Hey Elm2 - gosh, skydiving!!! You are very brave, you would not, in a million years, get me to jump out of a plane - nope, nada. Food sounds delish, especially the arancinis (drool...) Glad you're having a great time and I'll definitely be kicking you up the proverbial butt when you get home (in a very supportive and collegiate way - of course).

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well. I've definitely decided to switch allegiance and I'll be moving over to another VLCD. Sadly there's no forum on here for it and so I can't get a diary up and running, in which case I'll share my successes by virtue of hi-jacking your diary (if I may). I bought a trial pack, a couple of the cold shakes, a chicken soup and a noodle type beef soup - all so far so good. I've found the shakes much easier to mix up (no lumps - even with a fork) and better still I can have 4 products a day which equal the total solution of Exante in terms of total cals (600) but with less carbs. The pack sizes are smaller, yes, but its not that obvious. I tend to add more water to soups and the like because I like it to be thinner than the prescribed mls suggest anyway.

So decision made - I just need to use up a few Exante products and I've already put my order in to my new supplier - so watch this space!

Hi.......Skydiving!!! You are mad!!

Glad you are having a great time with your family.

Anyway, i've been so busy that i haven't had a chance to update properly and just thought i would do a quick check in!

Will try and update properly when i get home later. :)

Well first week over and 10lb down, very pleased with that. Hope everyone is ok x

Woohoo mum! That is excellent - you must be so proud! I can’t believe I’m saying this but I can’t wait to get back on that wagon...

I’m feeling tightness in my jeans! I brought only tight fitting clothes so as to have a daily reminder not to go crazy!

Yes I'm really pleased, especially because I'm feeling great! This weekend may be a struggle as out for lunch on Sunday and then Monday too for my partners birthday, so need to be careful to restrict the carbs, but hoping it won't throw me out too much and I can pick it back up easily. I've stuck to TS apart from chicken with green salad one evening, and then beef brisket with curly kale another.

I've had some health issues of late and getting married end of June, I have three beautiful children, the youngest of whom is disabled with a gross development delay, so they are my incentive to lose the weight, cut down on the drinking and get healthy!

Hi Elm2 - so are you back from your trip? sounds like you had fun :) I've swopped over to STW now and am trying to get my diary moved to a smaller sub-forum on Minis. Found a hardly used SF for STW hidden beneath 'other vlcd diets'. The forum is 'quiet' - but I'll make a bit of noise :D At least it'll be somewhere I can keep track of myself. Have found the STW products okay - well better than okay, I actually prefer the taste and choices - bonus! Also.... and wait for it... I've reached my first 1 stone loss (visualise me doing a happy dance right now). Okay, it's taken me six weeks to get here - but hey. Work is as busy as ever and the weeks are passing so quickly (only 8 weeks to the Christmas holiday) so I'm more focussed than ever. Am being realistic though because I am 'adding' bits of food in here and there, so I'm not expecting to lose 1 stone per month, I'll take anything between 1/2 stone and 10lbs.

Glad to hear others are doing okay - well done OTM for that first week loss, keep it up.

Hi everyone, just catching up. Have my hair appointment and massage scheduled this morning. We came back yesterday - so exhausted and of course stepped on the scales though I knew I shouldn't have, but 2 weeks holidays (especially italy), unless you're on a trek somewhere - you're going to gain. So I'm going to wipe the horrific number my eyes saw yesterday and will weigh in next Monday. Hopefully a week will take care of the water gain AND the extra kilos gained...

Forum is still too quiet - and we're getting closer to the Xmas holidays here, what's up everyone?

Hi Elm2 - yes, the forum seems to be getting quieter.

You'll soon get rid of those extra kilos I'm sure, you've got a focus with Xmas just around the corner and plans to move onto a 'food based' way of eating. My journey will go way beyond that - will see where I am come the Spring. I'm quite enjoying the STW products - adding a bit of meat and veggies to my evening soups or noodles. I've adjusted my monthly target accepting that by 'adding' I'll probably only lose around 7lbs - 10lbs per month, but I'm okay with that. When on Slimming World I'd just yo-yo gaining and losing, so as long as I keep losing I'll stick with it for now.

What have you got planned for your weekend, besides a hair appointment and massage? I've got a few housework chores to get done, then I'll be free to do a bit of beading (my favourite pastime) and maybe will take a walk out and about if the rain holds off.

Have a great weekend.

Hiya ladies, the main thing with any lifestyle change is stick to it, yes we have the dreaded holidays etc, but if we can get out of that blip and carry on working hard and putting in 100% effort those lbs, those stones will start melting away, just remember 3 months from now, 6 months from now, a year from now you will be a totally new person outside, personality will always stick, but confidence will grow, be doing things we never thought possible, going shopping to any shop and not having to walk by aisles and thinking uffff if only i was that size, but hey as they say aim big straight away, you want to lose 3 stone, or 7 stone or even 10+ stone, just remember nothing is impossible, and i guarantee success will come, just put in the hard work :D also ensure you take before pictures from where you are at the moment, and every month take another, and within 3 months when comparing you will see the difference.

So my plans for weekend are, do abit of gym, read some books on the kindle, watch the ufc and boxing tonight, and tomorrow the football, and a long walk is in order for sure and also play around with the new iphone :D

Nice post kenshin and wise words. I've a loooong way to go (8 stones, well 7 now actually) and at times when I think about such a big number, its a bit daunting. But I'm trying to break it down into bite size chunks (excuse the food pun). Am also not getting too hung up with the '1 stone a month' expectations of a vlcd.

Tbh at first you will lose a helluva weight, but then as you near goal it will slow down, but obviously by then i am sure you will be doing gym, exercise etc, but yes you have 7 stone to lose, come back to me in feb/march and i am 100% certain you will be nearing that target, just keep doing what you doing and you will be fine, and one thing to be ready for is "hey you've lost so much weight, stop now" etc etc, so you remember why you are doing this and you will be fine :D

Back