Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

I would get hubby to give them a framed picture of you & baby as an Xmas present Angel. :)

Hope the change of medication settles quickly xx

Good idea Susie. I wouldn't take it too personally Angel. When I showed my in-laws my wedding album just after we got married hubby's mum kept saying how handsome her son was and not once commented on my appearance! x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well we did have a family photo done just before I started the diet. I will have to have another done when I reach goal :)

misley grey day. We are going Christmas ornament shopping to brighten it up. Our current tinsel is over 25 years old and looks a little sorry for itself.

Have a great day x

Enjoy your shopping that sounds like a great idea for brightening a miserable day. x

Aww your little one is a cutie, he looks such a happy chappy. I guess we've all had times when we haven't apprciated our figure/ body, if I could go back and give myself one piece of advice it would be to appreciate and love my body more. I remember being 11st at about 16-18 years old and wearing tiny clothes but still thinking I was fat and I've probably been dieting ever since too.
always make sure you take lots of pictures, I do even though I may not like myself in them, our kids see us differently to how we see ourselves and it's nice for them to have lots of pictures of mummy and daddy and them.

Christmas decoration shopping sounds fun, enjoy your day.

I know some in laws are nice (so I hear, might be a myth) mine are awful. They live 3 streets away and in the first year of my toddlers life they saw him maybe 5 times. You would need to kneecap my mum and dad to make them visit as little as that. Their loss. I like the present idea, give them a very big photo of you both, or all 3 of you. Hope you enjoy your day x

How did your shopping trip go Angel x

Hi all. Porridge, orange choc bar then hot choc mint today. Cravings have been bad. Purely emotional "sod it" mentality but Ive stuck to it. I just couldn't stand the noise of the TV anymore or it always being the one to engage with our son so I deserted my husband in the living room with the baby and dog and took myself off to the bedroom and actually read for an hour. It was a tad chilly but nice to just have some time to myself on my terms. Thanks Mere! All that talk of books made me realise how long it's been since I read one.

Christmas shopping wasn't as much fun as I thought. Sainsburys seemed to have the nicest stuff. Tinsel this year seems really thin. Then again it's a couple of decades since I bought any :)

Little one is down for the night. My husbands choice of film is Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. The woodburners on so it should be the perfect cuddle time but I'm really not feeling that way inclined. I'm a bit annoyed really, although he did appear a bit more willing to pitch in when I came down. He even changed a nappy! Although I had to ask him first.

I guess its its all those emotions I would normally bury in food that I now have to deal with.

Id better sign off and make the effort. Have a good night all and stay strong.

Aww sounds like you've not had the best day but well done for staying strong and not giving in, you'll feel way better than you would have if you'd given in. Hope tommorows a better day for you.

Sorry your shopping trip wasn't the best but great that you stayed strong on the eating. Hope you really enjoyed your book. Maybe reading for an hour or so should be your non food reward as you lose the pounds. x

Good morning. Porridge done. I'm just having a coffee and catching up with diaries while hubby gives bubs his morning milk. I don't get chance on the computer unless little one is otherwise entertained.

So I think yesterday's cravings are also due to medication change but TOTM appears to be due according to my calender. Hence mega grumpy mood :) It only seems two mins since last time. Grrrr. It doesn't help when I come downstairs and hubby remarks "your stomach looks huge" :(. I am a bit bloated I guess.

I have to say at one am I had to get up last night, bent double with stomach ache and I had a one egg omelette which did help. I think I need to make sure I take my pills with porridge in the morning then leave my last pack as late as possible.

Feeling good this morning. Bit tired but it's a grey day again. I have a blissful time this afternoon at the hairdressers. It's always tempting to get it cut short for easy manage but I'm going to keep it long so I can tie it up. I can have a restyle when I reach goal.

Have a good day. Duty calls.

Its not that your stomach looks big Angel, its just that the other bits are getting smaller & the tummy needs to catch up :) .

Hope you find a medication regime that fits in with taking the packs. I know when I have to take migraine meds how it impacts on the diet x

I think having your hair restyled is a great way to celebrate achieving your goal especially when you are showing off your slim figure. Good luck with WI which I think is tomorrow? x

Morning! Sorry for being absent yesterday I was travelling. WI was 1lb down. I have to say I was hoping for more and to be into the twenties but hey ho. "A punds a pund" as a friend of mine says. Why is it when we get close to a big goal weight loss seems to slow down. I was really good and didn't weigh all week!

The good news is I'm off the dreadful pills and patches. The patches have made a real mess of my back and the itching is driving me nuts. The blisters are still there. Back Pains pretty much under control with other things thankfully.

This is week 8 so I've decided to take food week this time. Shakes twice then a meal. We are off to London on Monday for two nights. I'm dreading leaving my boy but it has to be done sometime. Trouble is he's got a cold which means I really don't want to go now. My husbands got tickets for mama Mia.

Time me to get the house ready for the outlaws who arrive tonight. Have a great day all.

Edited to add....
oooo I was just updating on someone else's diary and noticed I've actually reached a goal, I got my maths wrong and to lose 10% of my start weight I needed to reach 21st1 not 21st :D. Sooo pleased, another goal done! Yipppeeee :party0011:

Last edited:
Huge well done Angel. Enjoy your trip to London. Don't worry about your wee one with the I laws they must have looked after their own son well or you would not have married him. You will love Mama Mia, relax and have fun. xxx

Well done Angel & good news about the medication.
Thats a nice weekend to look forward to& it does you good to get away now and then x

Well done Angel & good news about the medication. Thats a nice weekend to look forward to& it does you good to get away now and then x

Oops i mean tomorrow not weekend. Xx

Hi Angel, are you back home now ? x

Hope you are well Angel and that you had a good few days away. :)

HI Guys, Got back late last night after mega delays on the train route from Peterborough. Had a lovely time away. I missed little man but enjoyed being able to read a book (started and finished in 2 days!). I didn't realise how tired I was. we got there and went to the James Bond transport exhibition then back to the hotel where I slept from 3-5.30 then got up and went to see Mama Mia (brill). We nearly missed breakfast because we slept in until 10.
We went to the wedding dress exhibition at the V&A then to the Natural History museum wildlife photography exhibition. By the time we'd walked the 4 miles back to the hotel via Oxford street we were freezing.

I stuck to plan during the day but had a meal for the past 3 nights which was planned. It's going to be a bit like that until the weekend now. I will WI on saturday. It was worth it to have a hot meal (doesn't happen with babies around) and some time with hubby.

Got to dash, the outlaws are here and i've got a ton of stuff to do. Will catch up with everyone later.

Back