Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Enjoy your bacon. 5 hours in Mattalan is my idea of hell! I hate shopping and only enter shops when I am in dire need of something. I don't even spend much time online shopping and I hate the shopping channels. I guess I should have been a man!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I had a single rasher of bacon and a single sausage. Personally I'd prefer my shake. Lack of salt can make you dizzy and tired apparently and because I'm a shakes only girl I thought it would be a good idea.

Now I'm wading through all the papers and magazines I've collected to see which I can pass on.

Have a good day x

Well, newspapers and magazines thoroughly read and despatched to others. I can't remember the last time I had chance to read uninterrupted. It was nice in one way but in another I've been showered and dressed ready for visitors since ten this morning but it looks like the changes at home are taking a bit longer than expected. I haven't seen my baby since Wednesday and I'm finding it hard. It was difficult not to order one of every choc bar they had on the trolley today and have dessert. I've decided to have a exante bar and cup of tea with milk (scandalous).

I'm back in my nighty settled in bed. They certainly can't tell me I haven't rested enough. It's odd I should feel so tired.
Friends coming tomorrow so I will look forward to that.

Keep strong everyone x

Just catching up on your diary Angel! Well done for battling through, and the wonderful loss you had this week; I don't think I would have been able to stick to Exante. It must be hard not seeing your son, but you will be reunited soon.

Experiences like this always reveal who your true friends are. I don't have many friends, but cherish the ones I have.

I'm not the biggest fan of hospitals, so I bet you are looking forward to your going home soon. Have a great Sunday! xxxx

I think the tiredness is your body's way of making you rest so that it can repair itself. Hope today is good for you. x

Good morning. I'm going to rest while I can because once I'm at home I will never have any time alone which will be tricky for me. A shower is an effort still but it's getting better. I've requested to come off some pain killers so I can establish what level I need now Post surgery. I need to be able to feel when I'm pushing things too far without being in too much pain to function.

Big downside is I've just seen Doc (on Sunday!) and there's some tests they're not happy with and they need to do again before I leave and I think all I need is To be out of ketosis for them to be ok (protein levels etc) I am not risking not getting home so I'm going to try to limit gain but will have to drop off TS until I get home. Sigh... One step forward....

hubby has promised 100% effort when I'm out though. :) I just hate getting back into K.

Have a lovely weekend. X

Your eating plan sounds very sensible. No point in being in ketosis if it delays your return home. Take care of yourself. x

Hi Angel :) You have to do what you have to do to get home. Seeing how well you've managed the diet whilst in hospital, I've no doubt you will be able to easily get back into ketosis once you are home, especially with a super supportive husband backing you up. I think that can make the world of difference. I too am lucky to have a hubby who is incredibly supportive of my weight loss efforts. He deals with all the food for the boys, ensures I have ice in the freezer for my shakes, etc. It really helps :)

Hope the rest of your day goes well and you are soon home where you belong with your lovely family :)

Hi Angel,
We're not going anywhere :) so you'll be in good company when you do start back on TS. Hope you get home soon x

Blurrrggghhhh best describes how I feel today. I've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner and the foods been good quality surprisingly but I couldn't finish everything and feel soooo bloated and sluggish and tired. I even passed on pud!
I'm going to talk to the doc in the morning so hopefully I can get back on track Tuesday. I actually can't wait.

This diet and being away from hubby's influence really has changed how I feel about food which is great as I've still a long way to go. Have a good week everyone. X

Last edited:
Morning! I think I've actually woke up with a food hangover? I'm back on shakes as of now. . Tests be what they will be. I feel grotty today. Im tired of having to put my progress on hold for something and I always find it harder and harder to restart.

At least I should be back in the swing by the time I get home and not have to dash to the loo every two mins.
We Can do this! All of us!

Never heard of a food hangover! But hope you find your TS ing gets you feeling better again. x

Hi Angel, hope you're feeling well? How did you get on with the Doc, did you get the go ahead to get back to TS?

They've only just done ward rounds. I basically told them I was back on the plan and to expect ketones in tests. I already feel better. I haven't got time to waste messing around. My hips actually hang over the sides of the NHS wheelchair they want me to use indoors. My own normal chair kind of holds me in. The longer I am this weight the longer there's extra strain on my back which just can't take it anymore. My shoulders can't either.

Im serious about a food hangover. I felt grotty and bloated last night and woke very sluggish, headachy and feeling quite down this morning.

Ive had a choc shake for breakfast and for lunch one of the new Cookies and cream bars. I Love Love Love them!!! I am going to continue having a bit of milk in my tea though.

Have A super day x

Urgh. First day of getting back into it. I swear it feels worse each time. Took a trundle with my boys into the main wing, past Costa, a sweetie shop and M&S food (it was close there for a while) but didn't buy anything.

Now tucked up in bed trying to drink lots. Visit home tomorrow. It's going to be a long day.

Anyone got any lovely valentines plans? I hope to be home and able to give my hubby a big cuddle.

My hubby is whisking me off to a secret location on Friday for a couple of nights with a special Valentines meal on Saturday night with not a bar or shake in sight! Who said you have to be young to enjoy Valentines Day we are both in our sixties! x

Hope you enjoy your home visit and are not too exhausted. x

Hope your home visit goes well today Angel, let us know how you get on x

Yay to being back on plan :) Fighting talk with docs re ketones in tests, lol. Love it! :D Go girl! ;) Good luck for home visit.

Hi Angel, how was your day today?

Back